Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 473
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 127
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 124
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
Similar on eTradeWire
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- The Best Options for the Use of Ball Bearings for You
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- Castlebrook Barns Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
- Dbvisit Announces Latest Release of Oracle Standard Edition Disaster Recovery Tool
- Accurate Brazing Expanding Operations in South Carolina
- Henley printer cuts the cost of LED lighting with grant funding
- MECA Solutions' corrugating adhesive rolls help optimize glue use
- Badger's workforce expertise results in quality tank fabrication
Yet the company's impact is felt over far larger an area than their new 32,000 square foot location located at 101 Pelham Davis Circle in Greenville might suggest.
High-tech Bianchi racing bicycles made from MSC's patented Countervail vibration-cancelling materials and technology have propelled Team Lotto NL-Jumbo to four stage wins in the just-completed 2018 Tour de France. The bike is a favorite of competitive cyclists worldwide and has been sold out globally for months.
Wilson tennis rackets like the models selected by 23-time Grand Slam singles champion Serena Williams also feature the game-changing Countervail materials and technology, raising the game of professionals and amateurs around the world. High-performance hockey stick and archery brands utilize MSC's materials, as do many other sporting goods products where vibration cancellation makes a difference in performance.
Yet all is not just fun and games in the organizations and product lines which depend on Materials Sciences Corporation. The company's proprietary technologies allow MSC to develop custom composite materials for clients in healthcare, aerospace, automotive, energy – and even for the Department of Defense. It is MSC's proprietary ability to create state-of-the-art materials, coupled with the organization's insights, experience, evaluation and testing capabilities that set it apart from all other providers, whether big or small.
More on eTradeWire News
- TEEF! Donates $1,000 to Humane Society
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- A+ Editing Website Shutting Down for Maintenance in July
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Announces 15th Annual Season of CULTURE & COCKTAILS
"Our mission at MSC is to continuously develop, test, improve and manufacture advanced materials that can be transferred into industrial, sporting and defense applications of high value," said Tom Cassin, President and CEO of Materials Sciences Corporation. "We have been very pleased with our experience in Greenville County and South Carolina since 2013, and are excited to expand our engineering, research and manufacturing operations here with this second facility. We also appreciate the support and leadership of the Greenville Area Development Corporation, the South Carolina Department of Commerce and all who assisted in making this advancement a reality."
"We're proud to celebrate anytime a company decides to strengthen its commitment to our state and its people. This is a milestone for Materials Sciences Corporation and Greenville County, and I'm excited to see such a strong partnership continue to thrive moving forward," said South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster.
Based in Horsham, Pa., MSC was established in 1970 as an engineering services organization providing research, design, analysis, testing and prototyping of composite materials. The company has nearly 50 employees, including 30 engineers, in existing operations in South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Alabama, and is globally recognized for its development of specialty algorithms that simulate and predict composite performance. The company's proprietary technologies allow MSC to develop custom composite materials for clients in the commercial, energy, defense and recreation sectors.
"Companies like Materials Sciences Corporation find success in South Carolina thanks to the pro-business environment we've worked hard to cultivate," said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt. "I congratulate both Materials Sciences and Greenville County on this wonderful announcement, and look forward to seeing the Upstate manufacturing community continue to grow."
More on eTradeWire News
- New Release! Relationships 7 by Piers Anthony is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
- Dave Goodrich 3D Trio Plays in Culpeper, VA
- Announcing Anonymous Email Address: ANONYMOUSEMAILADDRESS.COM
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Statement on President Trump's Racist Attacks Against Four Congresswomen
MSC's new 32,000 square foot location will be located at 101 Pelham Davis Circle in Greenville, S.C., and will complement continuing operations at MSC's existing operations at 102 Augusta Arbor Way at SC-TAC in Greenville. The new South Carolina facility will allow for increased research and development opportunities, as well as the manufacturing and commercialization of advanced composites for use in commercial applications.
"Materials Sciences Corporation is a versatile and respected advanced manufacturing company specializing in materials development, product design, and specialty manufacturing, said H.G. "Butch" Kirven, Chairman of Greenville County Council and a director of the Greenville Area Development Corporation. "The company established a facility here in 2013 and found everything it needed to succeed. County Council is very proud that they are adding a second facility in Greenville County, and we wish them great success."
Hiring for new positions is expected to begin in fall 2018, and interested applicants should visit the company's website for additional details and to apply.
The Greenville Area Development Corporation is a non-profit organization established by Greenville County Council to promote and enhance the economic growth and development of Greenville County. Since its founding in 2001, GADC efforts have resulted in the creation of more than 23,000 new jobs and more than $4 billion in capital investment in Greenville County, SC. To learn more, please visit http://www.greenvilleeconomicdevelopment.com or call (864) 235-2008.
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer
- Nick Cabrera Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- AVAIlL Adds Integration with McNeel's Rhino Modeler
- YINCAE Advanced Materials, LLC. Proudly Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- The Waste Land on Earth? An Innovative Exhibition opening
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- Joe Romas Joins Mequon, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Learn More About Our Medical Exterior Design
- Gateway Community Outreach tops Our City Media Readers' Choice voting for Charity Community Service
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- Sperling Dermatology Celebrates 3- Year Anniversary and Jersey Shore Location Grand Opening