Popular on eTradeWire
- Rosenberg Fans Canada Ltd. will be exhibiting at CIPHEX WEST- 2018 in Calgary 448
- Fosway launches NEW 9-Grids™ for Cloud HCM and Talent Management 212
- Space Continuum LLC, Wins Contract from Obama Foundation 209
- Newport Digital Marketing for Solicitors | Newport Solicitor SEO 184
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI - "Gran sera collection 2018 news" 174
- Dr. Noam Arzt named Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association 157
- Sophia King, Award-winning Atlanta Author, Showcasing At Miami Book Fair November 17 and 18 126
- Indy Uchiha Release New Single
- Cloud Management Suite Launches Realtime Security
- NoCO Manufacturing Partnership Announces Additional Sponsors for 2019 NOCOM Trade Show
Similar on eTradeWire
- Wilmington Machinery debuts Series III B Rotary Blow Molding Machines (Aka "Wheels")
- inc.jet Holding, Inc. Announces Quarter End Financial Results
- Government's Insights on Global Anti-Corruption Trends and Unique Consideration for the Nordic Region
- Jorge Contreras Named Controller and Member of Management Team at Mobil Steel International, Inc
- Novo Precision Unveils Cable Cutting Machine
- Glaston Compressor Services awarded Carbon Trust Accreditation
- The Detroit Free Press Names Esys Automation a Winner of the Michigan 2018 Top Workplaces Award
- Drag-reducing Microvanes™ Receive FAA STC
- Benchmark Your Industry 4.0 Transformation Against Siemens
- Industrial Steam installs Tray Type Deaerator. Pactiv's state-of-the-art building, Corsicana, TX
Yet the company's impact is felt over far larger an area than their new 32,000 square foot location located at 101 Pelham Davis Circle in Greenville might suggest.
High-tech Bianchi racing bicycles made from MSC's patented Countervail vibration-cancelling materials and technology have propelled Team Lotto NL-Jumbo to four stage wins in the just-completed 2018 Tour de France. The bike is a favorite of competitive cyclists worldwide and has been sold out globally for months.
Wilson tennis rackets like the models selected by 23-time Grand Slam singles champion Serena Williams also feature the game-changing Countervail materials and technology, raising the game of professionals and amateurs around the world. High-performance hockey stick and archery brands utilize MSC's materials, as do many other sporting goods products where vibration cancellation makes a difference in performance.
Yet all is not just fun and games in the organizations and product lines which depend on Materials Sciences Corporation. The company's proprietary technologies allow MSC to develop custom composite materials for clients in healthcare, aerospace, automotive, energy – and even for the Department of Defense. It is MSC's proprietary ability to create state-of-the-art materials, coupled with the organization's insights, experience, evaluation and testing capabilities that set it apart from all other providers, whether big or small.
More on eTradeWire News
- The International Casual Furnishings Association announced Speaker Ty Bennett
- November is National Hospice Month
- Screamin' Rachael To Release New TRAX Records Single "I Am House" On November 30, 2018
- Starbucks and Aspiranet Foster Child Wish Drive Begins
- Chiropractic thaws frozen shoulders
- Reviews Are In: Working Out Fuels the Thrive Events Team In and Out of the Office
- Coeptis Pharmaceuticals Signs Multi-product Development Agreement With Vici Health Sciences
"Our mission at MSC is to continuously develop, test, improve and manufacture advanced materials that can be transferred into industrial, sporting and defense applications of high value," said Tom Cassin, President and CEO of Materials Sciences Corporation. "We have been very pleased with our experience in Greenville County and South Carolina since 2013, and are excited to expand our engineering, research and manufacturing operations here with this second facility. We also appreciate the support and leadership of the Greenville Area Development Corporation, the South Carolina Department of Commerce and all who assisted in making this advancement a reality."
"We're proud to celebrate anytime a company decides to strengthen its commitment to our state and its people. This is a milestone for Materials Sciences Corporation and Greenville County, and I'm excited to see such a strong partnership continue to thrive moving forward," said South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster.
Based in Horsham, Pa., MSC was established in 1970 as an engineering services organization providing research, design, analysis, testing and prototyping of composite materials. The company has nearly 50 employees, including 30 engineers, in existing operations in South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Alabama, and is globally recognized for its development of specialty algorithms that simulate and predict composite performance. The company's proprietary technologies allow MSC to develop custom composite materials for clients in the commercial, energy, defense and recreation sectors.
"Companies like Materials Sciences Corporation find success in South Carolina thanks to the pro-business environment we've worked hard to cultivate," said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt. "I congratulate both Materials Sciences and Greenville County on this wonderful announcement, and look forward to seeing the Upstate manufacturing community continue to grow."
More on eTradeWire News
- La Tortillería Trade Show, a Great Family Reunion
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Jonathan W. Johnson, LLC on behalf of Parents of Troy Dailey against Methadone Clinic and Drivers For Fatal Collision
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation raises $10,000 at 'Fashion to a Tea' to support SWFL children
- Actress & Musician Linda Collins Uses Diverse Entertainment Background to Bring Unique Edge to Roles
- Jason McIntosh--Apartment Association of Metro Denver Executive of the Year Finalist
- Oomomo Unveils Its First Store In Toronto
- Chelsea Village Selects Corner Property Management for Upscale Residences in Bridgewater Township NJ
MSC's new 32,000 square foot location will be located at 101 Pelham Davis Circle in Greenville, S.C., and will complement continuing operations at MSC's existing operations at 102 Augusta Arbor Way at SC-TAC in Greenville. The new South Carolina facility will allow for increased research and development opportunities, as well as the manufacturing and commercialization of advanced composites for use in commercial applications.
"Materials Sciences Corporation is a versatile and respected advanced manufacturing company specializing in materials development, product design, and specialty manufacturing, said H.G. "Butch" Kirven, Chairman of Greenville County Council and a director of the Greenville Area Development Corporation. "The company established a facility here in 2013 and found everything it needed to succeed. County Council is very proud that they are adding a second facility in Greenville County, and we wish them great success."
Hiring for new positions is expected to begin in fall 2018, and interested applicants should visit the company's website for additional details and to apply.
The Greenville Area Development Corporation is a non-profit organization established by Greenville County Council to promote and enhance the economic growth and development of Greenville County. Since its founding in 2001, GADC efforts have resulted in the creation of more than 23,000 new jobs and more than $4 billion in capital investment in Greenville County, SC. To learn more, please visit http://www.greenvilleeconomicdevelopment.com or call (864) 235-2008.
- Casey Equipment Now Represents Yanmar Tractors and UTV's in Illinois
- Christkindlmarket Celebrates Opening Day in Chicago; Markets in Milwaukee & Naperville Opening Soon
- Sacred Art at Marygrove College Art Gallery
- Ardmore's Cricket Cringle Brings Outdoor Pop-Up Holiday Market to the Main Line
- PDMA White Space Design Challenge_Student Competition
- What makes a Successful Entrepreneur
- YaeShay signs Exclusive Publishing Administrative Agreement with LRL Pinnacle Music Group LLC
- Celebrating Photography this December at Royse Contemporary with Exposure: Architecture & Landscape
- Tax Expert and Advisor Barry G. Fowler, EA, Reminds Taxpayers About Some Of The New Tax Laws In 2018
- Do you want to be a healthier YOU?
- 2018 Chinese American Film Festival & Chinese American TV Festival Film and TV Showcase
- ninetwofive Sterling Silver & Fine Accessories Opens at Ballston Quarter in Arlington, VA
- Professional Women in Building Partner with Collier Youth Services Group Home to Mentor Residents
- "How Fire Loss Impacts Code Development & Enforcement" Webinar
- Warren Environmental and A&W Maintenance Transition to 100% Employee Owned Companies
- Southern Energy Management joins fellow Certified B Corporations in 'Vote Every Day Campaign'
- Two Doctor Moms Launch The Brushies' First Finger Puppet Toothbrush
- Puyero Venezuelan Flavor Debuts Holiday Addition with Hallacas, Plus New Cooking Classes
- Professional Drain Cleaning Services in Wesley Chapel, FL Offered by United Plumbing & Drain
- NTI Adds ENVIROMUX® Liquid Location Detection Sensors to Its Product Line