Popular on eTradeWire
- Award winner actor speaks about living with type 1 diabetes for almost 60 years - 337
- The Lashe® Customer Appreciation Month - 279
- 2nd Annual Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered By AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers This Thanksgiving Season - 197
- Aries Industries Celebrates Three Years of Successes Following Culture & Leadership Changeover - 192
- WFEAGL has released a ton of new Samsung bands for Christmas - 179
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 177
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 176
- Meet Texan Author Patty Scott at Book Signing - 155
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 149
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 147
Similar on eTradeWire
- Exponential Power Launches DoD Hydrogen Gas Detector
- Pvilion Awarded 3 Times for Architectural Designs
- Nemko to acquire Professional Testing (EMI), Inc., an accredited and distinguished product testing organization
- Exact Solar Wins Best of Bucks Award 2021
- MiaSolé's Shatterproof Solar Technology Integrated into Renault Trucks
- Velo Solar is Changing the Face of Commercial Solar Energy
- Greasezilla® Shares Innovative Strategy for Brown Grease Recycling in the Alternative Energy Sector
- Robinson earns prestigious supplier Gold Award from Rolls-Royce
- Ver-Tex Construction Announces Major Expansion
- GSHK Holding and München Energieprodukte GmbH has signed a partnership
X-MAT®, the Advanced Materials Division of Semplastics, has been awarded a $1.2 million contract from the Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management to research and test coal-enhanced filaments and resins with 3D printing.
"We're recycling coal waste and reimaging it," said Bill Easter, founder of X-MAT® and Semplastics. "We're excited to receive this grant from the DOE so that we can continue to research ways to reuse coal waste. With this project, we're seeing technology's ability to offer innovative sustainable solutions." This cost-effective process will utilize high volumes of waste to produce high-value, in-demand products.
The DOE's award focuses on companies interested in utilizing coal waste for 3D printing filaments. X-MAT® plans to apply its materials technology of high-temperature plastics and ceramic composites to develop 3D Printer filaments using at least two of the most common coal waste materials – bituminous coal fines and fly ash.
More on eTradeWire News
- North Hills Resident Earns Third Place for Best Speaking and Leadership Coach in Global Contest
- Ideal Flexibility Upgrades to a New Location
- Los Angeles Based Author and Speaker Earns Award on Celebrity Author Stage
- Biden Planning to Quarantine US Citizens Returning From Abroad
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!
After research, the project will take the best filament formulations to produce several demonstration objects with a commercially available 3D printer.
"We're 3D printing coal waste – that's cool," says Easter. "It's sustainable, eco-friendly and continues our company's mission to give coal a new reputation."
Along with the 3D printing research, X-MAT® recently completed their new state-of-the-art battery lab. The lab will allow the company to continue its research both in the recycling of spent graphite for Lithium-ion batteries and in how to utilize coal in battery materials.
To date, X-MAT® has been awarded over $10.7M in contracts and grants.
To learn more about X-MAT®, visit https://www.x-materials.com.
About X-MAT®, the Advanced Materials Division of Semplastics
X-MAT®, the Advanced Materials Division of Semplastics, launched in 2013. X-MAT® developed a revolutionary, high-performance material that combines some of the best properties of metals (electrical conductivity), engineering plastics (lightweight) and ceramics (high operating temperature). X-MAT® has had several partnerships including work with NASA, Space Florida and the NETL. X-MAT®'s game-changing material has various current applications including fireproof roof tiles, lightweight space mirrors, battery electrodes and 3D printed ceramics. X-MAT® technology can be custom-engineered to fit many specifications and has unlimited potential market applications. To learn more about X-MAT® capabilities and future projects, visit their website at https://www.x-materials.com or call (407)353-6885.
More on eTradeWire News
- Call options activity on Nvidia stock is unusually high
- Schock Market Proposes Privatization of San Luis Obispo Water Distribution Program
- Maya Miranda Ambarsari Launches Interconnectdata Platform
- Top Markets For Medicare Supplement Insurance Reported By AAMSI
- AdvisorSmith Finds 64% of Small Businesses Unfamiliar With Cyber Insurance
- Armour Law Group Opens New Office in Titusville, FL
- Gulf Coast Village welcomes Xavier Duclos as executive chef
- The Big Savannah Toy Drive to Collect Holiday Gifts for Coastal Children's Advocacy Center
- Classic Theatre of Maryland presents the Christmas Cabaret!
- Mizner Country Club's Play For P.I.N.K. Committee Raises $30,000
- FaithLife Financial Implements ProComp' cloud-based New Business and Inforce Illustration System
- The Center for Contemporary Art receives grant from Investors Foundation
- Five Towns College Teams with Local Author to Produce Video Trailer
- Christian TV Trailblazer Passes
- Vitamins And Supps: Make Sure You Can Stay In Top Health With Vitamins And Other Supplements
- NTEA, Lincoln Electric & NC3 collaborate to launch Work Truck Industry Welder Certification Program
- DICE Dental Offering Dental Implants and Dentures in Southampton Starting in January 2022
- Fan Gear Here: Show Support For Your Favorite Sports Team With The Best In Fan Gear
- Holistic Wellness Coach Kadeem One Offers a Number of Online Courses for You to Enroll in Today
- Brad Pistole, CFF®, CAS®, Featured on TheStreet, as Robert Powell's guest on Retirement Daily
- Nye & Company's online Chic and Antique Estate Treasures auction Dec. 15-16 features holiday treats
- Execulink Telecom Kicks Off Fourth Annual Gifts of Christmas Donation Program
- Warmer in the Winter Role Playing Game Release
- Launch Of Downtown Kings Mountain, Nc Advent Calendar
- Nest & Nook Partners with Paddock-1