Popular on eTradeWire
- Motaz H Matar's Virtual Tour for New Book The Pigeon Whisperer 250
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies 175
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels 173
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development 168
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten 164
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence 159
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists 152
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage 139
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales 116
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
Similar on eTradeWire
- Identity: The Podcast COVID Consumption: An Overview featuring Tochi
- Introducing 'Modern Treatise's New Editor-In-Chief, Connor Bryant
- SportLogic, Inc. Announces Strategic Partnership with Goal PR
- Visual Thrive Launches Video Series With RI Small Businesses Navigating COVID-19
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Identity: The Podcast The Real Talk
- International Spy Reveals Secret Past/Future Concerns
- ASR Media Productions Wins a Mid-Atlantic Emmy®
- Identity: The Podcast Industry-Hopping featuring Fatima Diallo
- Hit Series "now With Natalie" By Hillsong Channel Launches A New Season On Youtube 19 September 2020
Since May of 2011, the Paris-Sudden Death Expertise Center (Paris-SDEC, founded by Xavier Jouven) has been tracking and systematically collecting data of OHCA incidents in the greater Paris area (6.8 million inhabitants) using a real-time multisource surveillance system. The current study, led by Eloi Marijon and Nicole Karam (Paris-SDEC) in collaboration with Daniel Jost (Paris Fire Brigade), evaluated real time data of OHCA and their survival during a six-week period (March 16-April 26, 2020) during the COVID-19 pandemic. Evidence demonstrated an immense surge in OHCA, with a total of 521 OHCA, creating an alarming incidence of 26.6 arrests per million inhabitants compared to a yearly incidence of 13.4 OHCA per million during the same time-period between 2012 and 2019.
More on eTradeWire News
- Streamed Lecture: Women in Italy, women composers in the 18th Century, and Maria Teresa Agnesi
- TRENIQUES: Jasmine Metivier talks modeling
- Panel Built Structures Create a Series of Temperature Screening Solutions
- PYNKTALKS Welcomes Rachel Richardson Entertainment Stylist
- 143VINYL Adds StarMask 900 Stencil Film to Product Line
While this surge in OHCA may be partially related to direct COVID-19 deaths, indirect effects of the pandemic are very likely. Those include lockdown, behavioral changes, and pandemic-related health system issues (decrease in the availability of family doctors, overwhelming of emergency medical services and postponement of consultations and scheduled non-urgent procedures…), as well as the fear of COVID-19 contamination of the general population who may have refrained from presenting to the emergency departments, calling emergency medical services and doctors' offices. This indirect effect of the pandemic seems highly prominent, since only one third of the increase occurred in patients with confirmed or suspected with the COVID-19 infection.
A prior study from the Paris-SDEC showed an almost eight-times higher survival rate to hospital discharge of sudden cardiac arrest when bystander CPR was administered. During the pandemic, OHCA witnesses and emergency responders may have been reluctant to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation on potentially infected individuals, as cardiopulmonary resuscitation is considered an aerosol generating procedure with significant risk of transmission. Finally, OHCA occurring in hypoxemic patients with COVID-19, and OHCA related to advanced cardiac injury such as in late presenters of acute myocardial infarction, may have lower probability of survival.
More on eTradeWire News
- Suicide and Mental Health Disorders Major Problems
- VCPWA – WP Solicits Feedback on the Matilija Dam Ecosystem Restoration Project (MDERP)
- 6-Year Old First-Time Author Kai Mahalyn Tampol
- GEO Jobe Welcomes Alexandra Steadman as Project Manager
- Powerstage Sports Nutrition Launches New Supplements Brand for the Athlete in All of Us!
Dr. Eloi Marijon remains cautious, "Throughout the past 9 years, we have worked collectively to build the database, evaluate results, and find solutions to reduce the burden and increase survival rates. And it has worked – we have started to see increase in survival. Now, faced with an unprecedent crisis, we see a dramatic increase in incidence with low survival, and we are still trying to better understand and identify the most influential factors". Dr. Nicole Karam added "We hoped that by launching this alert we would warn other countries who are still dealing with a COVID-19 epidemic, and our own system in case of a second wave, about the indirect mortality associated to COVID-19 pandemic."
As we continue to find balance within our healthcare facilities and everyday operations during this COVID pandemic, such alarming results show us a tale of lessons learned. This increase in OHCAs highlights the collateral death, not taken into accounts in COVID-19 deaths statistics, and that should be considered when establishing public health strategies for dealing with the pandemic," Eloi Marijon reflects on the potential for structural changes under crisis situations.
The Lancet Public Health, May 27, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(20)30117-1
- Palm Beach Dentist Releases New Book "More Tooth Talk!"
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- Greystar purchases land for $70 million student housing project at the University of Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers shirt twice signed by Brett Favre will be sold September 29 by Pristine Auction
- BASfest Now a Hybrid Building Automation Education Tour
- Ponos Industries Extends Tender Offer for up to 2,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Shane Boulware Promotes His Urban Fantasy Thriller - Soulstealer
- NuLife Ventures Introduces Hydrogen Water to its Product Line
- Private Placement Markets to Take on Bigger Role in Private Airport Projects
- Hillside Terrace Allowed Visitation for Residents and Their Families
- Empowered Flower Girl to celebrate girls who transform the world in honor of International Day of the Girl
- Jeff Perkins Joins North Highland as Vice President
- TVS Family Network Adds A Dozen New Sitcoms to its Schedule on Watch Your.TV
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Used 2017 BMW 3 Series for Sale
- Miranda Mole Of ERA Wilder Realty, Inc. Receives Best Real Estate Agent (Individual) Award
- Bremerton hairstylist pivots during pandemic with new services, website
- Texas hip hop artist sends shout out to friends in 'Darcwav' music collective in new single
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- CFIC Funding Announces Construction Equipment Financing Program with Good or Bad Credit