Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 416
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 352
- Nicc LaRue's virtual concert "The Hood Never Folds" streaming now - 312
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 267
- Southern Oregon biracial couple offers effective racial equity training - 266
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 202
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 196
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 155
- The rise of vacation rentals in Emerald Coast, Florida over traditional hotels - 146
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 143
Similar on eTradeWire
- Bartender on Board Celebrates 5th Business Anniversary
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- Custom Corporate Gifts Services
- A Quick Guide For Outsourcing in Eastern Europe
- Co-Founder of The Millennium Alliance Joins Young Presidents' Organization (YPO)
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- #1 New Release Museum Industry Amazon
- Celebrate National Plan for Vacation Day with the Long Beach Island Region, NJ
- Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Run – A Destination Race
- California Trailblazer Teaches Forgiveness and Reimagines the Strength of the Black Man in America
Maní is a small city located about 62 miles (100 km) southeast of state capital Mérida. It is a cultural jewel that boasts four millennia of history, dating back to the pre-colonial early Maya period. Maní's colonial-style architectural heritage is testimony to the 16th century arrival of Franciscan missionaries from Spain, and the city is the epicenter of the so-called Convent Route through Yucatán, showcasing the state's churches and convents of note. Maní is rich in traditions, such as endemic regional dishes like "poc chuc" (a dish with marinated pork) and textile workshops that preserve ancient techniques of traditional embroidery. The city is also home to a "meliponary" route called Xunáan, whereby visitors have the opportunity to get closer to the world of 15 species of bees sacred to the Maya.
More on eTradeWire News
- MyDiscountLab.com Announces Name Change to JustLabTest.com
- The Lashe Sale Genuine Mink Lashe Trays
- St Paul Inspection Company Supports National Radon Action Month with Important Information on Radon
- Texas Arena League (TAL) Excited to Add Military Arena Polo Tournaments to 2022 Roster of Events; Dates and Locations Released
- Pacifica Radio Classical Music Show Exclusively Spotlights the Old Masters
Best Tourism Villages was announced earlier this year, with Maní proposed as a candidate in July when Zurab Pololikashvili, Secretary-General of the UNWTO, visited the state of Yucatán. "Yucatán is a benchmark in terms of responsible and sustainable tourism, as well as an example of good tourism practices," said Pololikashvili after touring Maní.
With the vision of making tourism a positive force for transformation, rural development and community well-being, "Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO" aims to harness the power of tourism to provide opportunity and safeguard communities, local traditions and heritage while reducing regional inequalities and fighting against rural depopulation. It also seeks to advance the role of tourism in valuing and safeguarding rural villages along with their associated landscapes, knowledge systems, biological and cultural diversity, local values and activities, including gastronomy.
Reacting to Maní's appointment, Yucatán's state Minister of Tourism Michelle Fridman said "we are honored and joyous to be recognized at such important levels of the tourism industry and to bring focus to Maní, which was recently recognized in Mexico as a Pueblo Magico for its cultural heritage and sustainable development and is now recognized internationally.
More on eTradeWire News
- Biz To Biz Super Business Trade Expo
- Knobull Boosts Methods To Streamline The Project Management Process
- BOBE Symposium Slates U.S. Rep.Strickland, St. Sen. Nobles, Myr Woodards & Tech Legend Roy Clay Sr
- Morven Museum & Garden announces a temporary closure and Jan & Feb 2022 Events
- Tech Dummies set forth in Duluth
"We have worked with the locals of Maní — Maniceños — to implement responsible and sustainable tourism policies; today, Maní is a world benchmark for rural and community tourism, a responsible, sustainable tourism that preserves our heritage, that decentralizes the benefits of tourism and provides organic and authentic experiences," Fridman added.
Find out more at: https://www.enroutecommunications.com
Gustavo A Rivas-Solis
- PPGJLI Announces Writing Contest to Launch on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- J-Rob Released His Music Video Trailer and Reveals the Music Video Release Date for, God's Got Me
- A New Approach to Finding the Perfect Home
- "History Through the Black Experience" told through two volumes
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' Nickelodeon Spicy' NBA Spicy' NFL Mix! 'SpongeBob' Apparel #NIKE'Spicy' NBA!
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- LONG AFTER THIS by Howard Jackson is published by Red Rattle Books
- New Talk Show Premiers on Chow Entertainment KXLA
- 1017 Brick Squad Records 2022 New Artist Acquisition
- Boosting Physical Security Presence Panel Built Guard Booths
- Another Biden Vaccine Rule Killed - Time For "Reboot"
- Strategic Benefits Advisors, Inc. Data Breach Triggers Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit
- Odyssey Media Group & Publishing Announces Its First Release of a Fiction Piece "Show Your Hands"
- Virtual Remote Notary in Florida
- Local Professional Football Player, Tuni Ropati, Signs With Bay Area Panthers (IFL)
- Savannah Law Firm Oliver Maner Names David Bobo Mullens, III, as Partner
- Comcast, Palm Beach County Community Members Honored for Serving Caregiving Youth
- Professional football player, Ricky Wyatt, participates in holiday giveback hosted by the Chula Vis
- Latest 3D Design Technology at NeoMetrix