Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 606
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 567
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 533
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 516
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 506
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 479
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 419
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 389
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 380
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 347
Similar on eTradeWire
- Transitional Aged Youth between 16-25 Deserve Loving Homes Now
- DOT employee background checks ramp up with seasonal hires
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Depth for Growing Sector
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- FDR Training Agenda and Compelling Opening Keynote Speaker Announced for 2021 Event in Orlando, Fla
- Inframark Acquires Environmental Development Partners
- League of Women Voters PBC Invites Public to Two FREE and Informative Zoom Events in May
- Ventura County Public Works Agency Receives First Statewide Grant for Pedestrian Improvement Project
- Voter Activation Campaign in Illinois by National Police Support Fund Highly Successful
- ALERT FM Receives First Radio-Broadcast ShakeAlert® License
Many Officials Are Subpoenaed, Numerous Targets
WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 4, 2021) - An ever-expanding criminal investigation in Georgia of former president Donald Trump - as well as Sen. Lindsey Graham, lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and others - is hitting the ground running this week with the convening of two grand juries expected to issue subpoenas to Governor Brian P. Kemp, Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Attorney General Chris Carr, and others, says public interest law professor John Banzhaf.
The investigation by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis was triggered by a criminal complaint filed by Banzhaf about a phone call by Trump to convince Raffensperger to change the presidential election results, but it has now been expanded to include, according to Willis, any efforts to influence the presidential election in Georgia.
More on eTradeWire News
- PODS® Las Vegas Offers Safe Moving Tips to Homeowners with Pets
- Dr. Nisar Hundewale joins ReFocus AI as Chief Data Officer
- Two CNN en Español Podcasts Have Been Nominated For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- Hundreds to Lace Up Their Shoes & Stretch Their Muscles During the Virtual Run Walk Ride for Lupus!
- Steve Muehler – Loans – Introduces "SJM Portfolio Commercial Construction Loans" Nationwide
This will include not only the Raffensperger phone call, but also a different call by Trump to an investigator, a phone call between Graham and Raffensperger, the abrupt departure of Byung "BJay" Pak, the US attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, and the false claims of election fraud by Rudy Giuliani made before Georgia legislators.
Trump is potentially facing the crime of felonious Criminal Solicitation to Commit election fraud, as well as a charge under Georgia's RICO [Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations] statute which is much more powerful and wide reaching than the federal RICO law.
The seriousness of the investigation and possible prosecutions is highlighted by the decisions of several officials in Georgia to hire personal attorneys, even though they do not appear to be targets of the grand jury investigations.
As Banzhaf noted in his criminal complaint: "many other election-law and/or criminal law experts in Georgia have agreed that Trump's telephone calls constitute criminal law violations by the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard or, at the very least, clearly require a criminal investigation. These experts include two past presidents of the State Bar of Georgia, many former U.S. attorneys, a former Georgia Secretary of State as well as several former Georgia prosecutors, the dean of a Georgia law school as well as a Georgia law school professor, and what the Atlanta Journal-Constitution termed a 'cascade of elected officials."
More on eTradeWire News
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' #NIKE'Spicy'Tunes POP SMOKE - AP Chili'! BOOGIE Soundtrack! Spicy' NBA Mix!
- Dog Doors for Glass - Pet Doors for any type of glass door now available!
- My Survivalist Essentials: Stay Prepped With Natural Disaster And Survival Gear
- National Business Consulting Firm World Class Business Advisory now accepts Dogecoin as payment
- Fluid Life Launches New Unified Condition Monitoring Vibration Data Analysis Tool
JOHN F. BANZHAF III, B.S.E.E., J.D., Sc.D.
Professor of Public Interest Law
George Washington University Law School
"The Man Behind the Ban on Cigarette Commercials"
FAMRI Dr. William Cahan Distinguished Professor
Fellow, World Technology Network
Founder, Action on Smoking and Health (ASH)
Inventor of the "Banzhaf Index"
2000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052, USA
(202) 994-7229 // (703) 527-8418
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Capsule Messaging App Launches on Apple App Store
- Koei • Tama | Official Website Operations Guide - (Published)
- Uncommon Investment Advisors Introduces First ETF
- Former Campbell's Soup Executive Launches Innovative Food Brand with Large-Scale Give Back Program
- 4th Annual Baton Rouge Soul Food Festival
- Urease Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- SYNNEX to Offer the FileFlex Enterprise Zero Trust Data Access (ZTDA) and Sharing Platform for Microsoft Azure via its ISV Experience Program
- Surviving the Pandemic: How One Beauty Brand Decided to Re-launched the during COVD-19 epidemic
- Animal Massage for Pet Guardians
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- Rhonda Breckenridge LICSW, CBC, Awarded National Bariatric Board Certification
- Tips To Ensure A Quality Bathroom Renovation
- Southern Ocean Chamber Recognizes National Small Business & Tourism Week May 3-7
- GamePoint Launches Platform To Offer Users Unlimited Fitness Content
- Agile World Season 2 Finale Filmed this Week
- Arkansas Americana / Roots Artist Billy Jeter to Release Long-Awaited Album "Shineye Landing"
- Yaskawa's AutoSorter XN Provides Pre- and Post-Analytic Specimen Processing
- Creatures of Comfort by E.J. Suh is on SALE
- Coolfire Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Workstream Collaboration
- Revive Welcomes Michelle Sanchez as Designer and Project Manager