Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 128
- Howard Hanna taps Lion & Orb as First Agency of Record
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- Disability Application Help Launches a New Website to Offer a Free Social Security Disability Online Case Evaluation
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
Similar on eTradeWire
- Coronavirus outbreak leading to a shortage of food?
- ICC: Innovate. Coach. Consult. Donates 1,000 Seats to Assist Departing Employees with Job Search Amidst Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Norman Love Confections offers Love-to-Go delivery
- Wired Puppy Coffee-A Perfect Blend Between Old Dogs and Coffee
- Diaz Foods Donates Over 4,000 lbs. In Food & Delivers To Grady Hospital First Responders
- Dilworth Coffee Expands NC Footprint with Addition of New Retail Partner
- Keeping Food Safe During the Coronavirus: Purfresh's Ozone Technology Mitigates Virus Contamination
- Totally Nutz® Ranked One of the Fastest-Growing Franchises By Entrepreneur Magazine
- 2020 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Here's How Dutch Tech Startup is Helping Restaurants to Survive During Covid-19 Outbreak
Magnolias of Chambersburg will hold its annual "Sweet Treat Bake Sale" from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 13 at the senior living community located at 745 Norland Avenue in Chambersburg.
Donations will be accepted for the baked goods sold in the club room of the senior living room. The event will benefit the Alzheimer's Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer's, which Magnolias of Chambersburg will participate in this fall.
"This is the beginning of our Alzheimer's Walk fundraising. It's something we've been doing for probably the last 10 years," said Melissa Buksa, LifeStages Coordinator at Magnolias of Chambersburg. "I think it's popular because it's held just before Valentine's Day. We go through a lot of heart-shaped cookies and we celebrate the Valentine's Day theme. As the winter winds down, you also have something good to look forward to."
More on eTradeWire News
- Slain Nevada sergeant to be honored with commemorative apparel fundraiser
- Revolutionary breathing device offers solution to COVID-19 pandemic
- San Antonio Garage Doors 4 Less Inc Is Now Offering Free Estimates To The Customers
- Spelling Help for Emerging Readers
- Free Virtual Tutoring for Children of Health Care Workers
Buksa said residents and family members join with the Magnolias of Chambersburg team to bake for the event. Anyone may sample the goodies.
"We have a little bit of everything available," Buksa said. "The residents make some cookies. The team members participate. Family members make some treats. It's a full community effort. We get a lot of our vendors and family members who make donations for cookies. We do pretty well with the fundraising. Everything is a donation."
While Buksa said the "Sweet Treat Bake Sale" isn't Magnolias of Chambersburg's biggest fund-raiser of the year, there still are typically 200 or more cookies, brownies and dumplings baked and served for donations.
Melissa Buksa, LifeStages Coordinator
- Local Gyms Host Online Fitness Challenge to Support Local Businesses
- Missing Your Personal Trainer? New Fitness Radio App Gives Motivation to the WFH Crowd
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Rebounding From Crisis: NAWBO Houston hosts a conversation with Alice CEO, Carolyn Rodz
- Student Brings Prom Night Back to Life as Virtual Event
- Indianapolis Medical Staff Accomodation
- Auto Insurance | What Is a Deductible?
- NJ Lawyers - Covid-19 Financial Aid Relief for NJ Business Owners
- Panel Built Prefabricated Mezzanine Systems Utilizes Vertical Space in Crowded Facilities
- Pipeline Ag Safety Alliance Announces Heightened Efforts to Help Reduce Utility Damage
- 360training Releases Free COVID-19 Awareness Course
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
- Leading Personal Property Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 Concerns in Free 4/2 Webinar
- Leading Real Estate Appraisal Organizations to Discuss COVID-19 in Free 3/31 Webinar
- Anchor Blinds Awarded Best of Houzz 2020 for Customer Service
- Process Technology - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Business Update
- Party Entertainers Offer Free Virtual Shows For Kids Stuck At Home Due To COVID_19
- PartsBadger is Doing Their Parts, Six Feet Apart
- NVL Director Named "Top Woman to Watch"