Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 318
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 291
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 279
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 148
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 145
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 110
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 106
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Formula Cloud: Titans Microsoft, AWS, Alibaba and Oracle Traverse Cloud by Building Partnerships
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
Similar on eTradeWire
- 2019 HIM Professional Census Reveals Opportunities in Revenue Cycle
- LDSS Announces Camp Buddy 2019 in Chatham, Effingham
- Safety and Survival--Personal Preparedness Assessment Guide is to be released on June 2019
- Francis Bacon Makes Comeback as Shakespeare Authorship Candidate
- Pop Culture Classroom Hosts Summer Camp Series With Scholarship Opportunities
- Going with the flow: Kraft-Sussman brings new eco-friendly cremation option to Nevada viewed as gentler on the deceased
- Thiel College to host Northwestern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Finding Real Love in The Age of The "Me Too" Movement
- Reid Ashbaucher Publications Announces Release of a New Textbook called Dispensational Theology: A Textbook on Eschatology in the Twenty-First Century
- SDPC Resource Registry API released to further the awareness of student data privacy
Representatives from MAACCE, the Coalition on Adult Basic Education (COABE), the National Council of State Directors of Adult Education (NCSDAE), state associations, and adult learners will be meeting with congressional representatives on Capitol Hill on Thursday, Sept. 27 to urge them to fund adult education at the previously approved amount of $664 million needed to fulfill the goals of the bipartisan Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The "Capitol Hill Day" visit is part of the Educate and Elevate Campaign – a collaboration of COABE AND NCSDAE – and it also dovetails with efforts for Adult Education and Family Literacy Week (AEFL) 2018 (Sept. 23-29), sponsored by the National Coalition for Literacy, to increase the public's understanding and awareness of the need to support adult literacy, increase federal funding, and leverage local funds.
"Our goal is to ensure that our leaders know the facts and stories about the Marylanders struggling to advance in their careers and provide for their families due to their need for adult education services," said Melanie Chapman, president of MAACCE. "Of the 36 million Americans with low literacy levels, hundreds of thousands live right here in Maryland. Furthermore, 60 million Americans lack the credentials and skills necessary to succeed in postsecondary education. Investing in adult education programming is essential to these citizens' success in the workforce."
More on eTradeWire News
- Leading PEO, INFINITI HR, Attending PrismHR LIVE 2019 in Boston
- Ferguson Case Orr Paterson Partner Named to 2019 "Rising Stars" List
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- IFA Selects Daniel Mormino, SVP of INFINITI HR, to the IFA Supplier Forum Advisory Board
- Tattoo tycoon open to radio interviews
MAACCE is also a strong supporter of the student voice in its efforts to create awareness of the success of state and local programs through its Student Ambassador program. Student Ambassadors are those who volunteer to share their personal success stories to highlight the role that adult education plays in their ability to earn a secondary educational credential, gain English language skills, work toward a work readiness credential, or develop literacy skills in order to help their children with homework. Maryland adult learner fact sheets are available by county.
Research shows that increasing investments in adult basic skills programs contributes to a healthy economy, increased employment, reduced public assistance, and lower health care costs. In Maryland alone, there are 500,000 adults lacking a high school diploma, which costs the state approximately $3.6 billion per year in lost earnings, taxes, and productivity.
During AEFL week, Sept. 23-29, MAACCE is asking Maryland constituents to reach out to their local congressional representatives through phone calls, emails, and written letters. MAACCE has compiled several tools to assist Marylanders in these efforts:
· Locate your congressional representatives and their contact information www.house.gov/htbin/findrep.
· Send an email message by visiting www.educateandelevate.org. Follow the instructions listed on the homepage under the "Email Outreach" section.
More on eTradeWire News
- Phen375 Enabling Individuals to Attain their Summer Body in Time for the Season
- Swiontek Retires, Mathiowetz, Schmid Promoted at Americana Community Bank
- Health Conundrums – Solved Inexpensively and Privacy Protected!
- TheOneSpy Rolls Out Non –Rooted Android spy app for cell phones
- Dates announced for the 12th Annual Whale Shark Festival in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
· See MAACCE's fact sheets, for various Maryland counties and regions, to provide specifics while talking to leaders in your area: www.maaccemd.org/2018-aefl-week/.
· Follow MAACCE's Facebook and Twitter pages for updates at www.facebook.com/MAACCE/ and twitter.com/maaccemd (http://www.twitter.com/maaccemd).
Maryland supporters of adult education are also encouraged to help raise awareness by participating in MAACCE's GO GREEN for LITERACY Campaign by wearing green wristbands and/or the color green during AEFL week, and attending the "Adult Education Heroes" celebration & networking event on September 26 hosted by Elevation Educational Consulting Group. A portion of the proceeds from this event's raffle will benefit MAACCE. Register for the free event here: http://bit.ly/AEFLHeroes. Participants will be posting pictures on Facebook or Twitter using #InvestInMarylandAdultEdu , #MAACCEgreen, and #AEFLWeek.
Those interested in obtaining the green wristbands can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request them. Additional details may be found at www.maaccemd.org and www.educateandelevate.org/maryland.
The Maryland Association for Adult, Community and Continuing Education is a non-profit organization providing leadership in Maryland for those interested in advancing education as a lifelong process. MAACCE provides a central forum for a wide variety of adult, community and continuing education groups and encourages organizations and agencies in Maryland to cooperate in a broad spectrum of educational programs and activities in support of the lifelong learning concept.
- \Café Centro in West Palm Beach Celebrates the Birthday of Singer/Showman Rob Russe
- Transaction Announcement - Escape Rooms
- Citizen input vital to stopping proposed changes to Lee County lime rock policy at June 19 meeting
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its new location in St. Petersburg!
- Adenosine Monophosphate (AMP) Colorimetric Assay Kit
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE BEACH BOYS Friday, February 21, at 7:30 pm
- FREE Practical Self-Defense Seminar
- Utah-based Surplus Lines Company Launches New Tax Filing Technology: InsCipher Connect
- Cheers to a Calm, Clean & Safe Fourth of July Holiday with Pets!
- ShearShare Highlighted in Google's Annual Economic Impact Report
- New Arizona Law Will Increase Minimum Insurance Coverage Requirement
- Diamond State Warriors Win the Coveted All-City Classic 302 Legends Championship
- Central Park Five Members, Rapper T.I., Rev. Raphael Warnock Join Forces To Address Ma
- New Vishay Polymer Tantalum Chip Capacitors Distributed Through New Yorker Electronics
- Angela Raub nominated for Gwinnett Chamber Moxie Awards
- Mastrad Expands Collection To Enhance At-Home Culinary Experience
- PriorAuth Online: An Effective Prior Authorization Way out for DME
- McCarthy Southwest Names Lloyd Flowers Project Director
- United Premier Soccer League Selects Texas as Host State for 2019 National Finals
- Canadians Break Sports Betting Records As Toronto Raptors Win The NBA Championship