Popular on eTradeWire
- Acrylic Signage Adds Professionalism To Your Miami Business - 102
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Fly Direct to Cozumel with Mexico's Best Beaches
- Family Focus Inc. starts 'Beds for Kids' initiative to raise money and provide beds for kids
- APIDM Launches New Digital Credentialing Initiative with Credly
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
Similar on eTradeWire
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
- Sara Abbas Selected as Global Media Ambassador for Who is Who International Awards
- Inherited An Heirloom Shawl You Cannot Use? Sell It On The Heirloom Bazaar - A Marketplace By Wovensouls
- Paul Sinacore Casting LLC Launches Focusing on Diversity, Inclusion as Hollywood Opens Up to Real People
- Hephzi Pemberton Announces the Release of The Diversity Playbook
- Brooklyn BBQ Against Gun Violence Is A Huge Win
- FitterPaws Pet Products Helps Molly Reach Her Goal For Medical Treatment
- Award-Winning Creative Tells the Tale of Latino and Black Teenagers Fighting to Persist Against Imbalanced American Constructs
- Celebrity Hairstylist Tacara Renee Launches New Hair Care System
- Don't Be a Working Dead! Shihori Releases Thrilling Single 'FIRE'
Los Angeles City Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez explains the history of "Dia de los Muertos" and this year's special celebration: "Every year, our Latino community celebrates Dia de los Muertos — a holiday to remember and pay homage to those who are no longer with us. Traditionally, our office would close down Van Nuys Blvd in Pacoima and host a street festival. However, given the COVID-19 pandemic and our responsibility to socially distance, this year we will be creating an elaborately decorated altar at Pacoima City Hall to commemorate those who have passed."
More on eTradeWire News
- UNice Hair App Is On The Rise And Expected To Thrive
- Diversity Empowerment Virtual Workshop!
- Nelson Leasing Earns Prestigious Presidential Award
- Hazard Powder Explodes Once Again
- Catilicious: A New Online Store for Premium Cat Supplies for Your Pet
Latino families in the Northeast San Fernando Valley are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 due to household size, socioeconomic status, and the industries of their employment. In Los Angeles County, residents in low-income communities, like Pacoima, are infected with the virus at twice the rate of those in wealthier communities, according to an LA County Health Department database as of October 21, 2020. Latinos in Los Angeles County account for 48.6% of the deaths due to COVID-19 and over 60% of the COVID-19 related cases.
Los Angeles City Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez serves as the City's Chair of Public Safety and represents the 7th Council District in the Northeast San Fernando Valley which include the neighborhoods of Sylmar, Mission Hills, Pacoima, Lake View Terrace, Sunland, Tujunga, North Hills, Shadow Hills, and La Tuna Canyon.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a two-day festival that takes place every November 1 and 2. Although most strongly identified with Mexico, Dia de los Muertos is celebrated throughout Latin America. This is the 6th annual celebration of its kind for Pacoima. Día de los Muertos is a day of commemoration - an opportunity for individuals to come together to focus on their loved ones who have passed away, and to honor, revere, and celebrate their memory. Far from the somber tones of many Western European or North American funeral services, Día de los Muertos is a time of celebration. It is believed that upon these two nights of the year the deceased may return and visit with the living. Many of the practices associated with the holiday are meant to guide the deceased back to the homes of the living and, once there, help them remember the sensations and experiences they had while they lived. For a brief time, the living and the dead are reunited - a suitable cause for celebration.
More on eTradeWire News
- Grumpy's Lighting: A New Online Store for Practical and Stylish Lighting
- Outdoor Cooking Products: A New Online Store Focusing on Outdoor Cooking Supplies
- Cooks' Needs: The Launch of a New Online Shop Focusing on Quality Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- Female artists Janet Scudder and Emily Mason headline Shannon's online fine art auction, June 24th
- Unique Woman's Coalition Receives Grant of $10,000.00 from AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- MysticWendy.com, Purveyor of Psychic Phenomena, Celebrates Grand Re-Opening
- Used 2014 Honda Civic Information Page
- iPOP Alum Karrie Martin acquires Rights to 'That Boy' Book Series
- FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION: iPOP Alumni Madelaine Petsch to Join Emma Roberts in New Rom-Com
- Chatham Capital Group Celebrates 25 successful years
- Kickin' the Tires.net joins Xfinity Series team Brandonbilt Motorsports at Nashville Superspeedway
- Tutanota LLC Amends and Extends Tender Offer for up to 1,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of Home Depot, Inc
- Author Tracy Sumner Releases New Regency Romance – The Hellion is Tamed
- Dental Prosthetics is Driven in Asia-Pacific by Technological Advancements to Reach $12.2 Billion
- Useful Tips and Remedies for Soothing a Teething Baby
- New release to the Connor Maxwell Mystery series
- Are Sarms classified as supps and what risks do they offer
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., A Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc. At Polo Hamptons On July 24, 2021
- Overlooked Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women Survivors Resilience and Recovery
- DDAH Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Santé Beverage Competition to Jumpstart Brand Awareness in Restaurant Industry
- Watch Shahrzad Persian Series for Free!
- New Late Night Show, Hella Late! with Hollie Harper, debuts June 8th on Bric-TV