Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 219
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 210
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 181
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 131
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 110
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- BEC Technologies Announces Distribution Agreement with Ingram Micro
- ETW to Host Event Featuring Real-life Leadership Stories about Humanity, Heroism and Heart
- Pulseroller - Global Motor Roller Technologies
- Tim Glasow joins Telgian Engineering & Consulting as Executive Vice President Marketing & Business
- New IEPE accelerometer offers ultra-high frequency response
- Pcx, Inc. Welcomes CAULIN ANDERSON To The Government Sales Team
- Turbo Trade S.A. introduces the smart home of the future for everyone
- New RFID-enabled User Authentication Solutions to be Introduced at ISC West 2019
- Airbus Helicopters' Partnership with Rusada Enables Digital Pipeline
- TRB Lightweight Structures ranked in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100
Longstanding Problem of Contact Resistance in Aerospace Pressure Switches Now Addressed by Hydra-Electric
Numerous problems have long been associated with the micro switch, a key component within every pressure switch. It vibrates in high g-force environments, giving false readings (especially on engines). When it gets opened and closed many times, it welds, which results in a false reading of an "open" position. In a normally closed operation, gauling and fretting can occur, creating high contact resistance and causing failures.
"It's one of the top issues we hear about— after a certain number of cycles a mechanical switch will fail sooner than one would like, especially in high vibration environments," said Bob Guziak, Vice-President of Engineering at Hydra-Electric. "We offer several solutions to address this issue: one is an all electronic switch, and the other solution adds an electronic circuit that extends the life of a mechanical switch by a factor of 10 or 20." Both of these solutions are fully qualified and patent-pending.
More on eTradeWire News
- SmileyAnswers™ Joins The Beryl Institute Community
- ReCap NY Secured $20MM In Financing For Major Funeral Home Client
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, April 6th and 7th, in downtown Los Angeles
- infinimesh announces the go-live of a new type of IoT platform: fully Open Source, low code and highly scalable. All whilst being extremely secure
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
Solution #1: All Electronic Switch
The all electronic switch replaces the mechanical contact with a separately powered circuit and wire system that eliminates contact bounce, contact wear and high impedance false indications.
Solution #2: Electronic Circuit
Hydra-Electric's electronics incorporates a circuit that senses the mechanical switch closure, and corrects the indication to be sensed as a constant impedance. It simulates the contact resistance that is seen, so that the output will continue to show correct contact resistance. This enhanced switch operates with a normal 2-wire connection. As a result, the switch provides dynamic impedance correction over the life of the switch.
Both of these solutions can enhance any Hydra-Electric standard pressure or temperature switch, and offers advantages such as complementary logic. It can modify the logic in the switch itself. It can set it to be always open or always closed. Putting in a time delay, or filtering out the contact bounce are some of the many different features that can be added. In addition to the high vibration environment of engine systems, the solution is valuable for applications throughout the aircraft.
Benefits for the customer
"These solutions have been very well received by our customers, who had previously resigned themselves to the issues presented by the micro switch," remarked Tim Burmood, Director of Engineering. "The benefits to our customers are many, including extended life of switches, reduced maintenance costs, and reduced concern of false indications."
More on eTradeWire News
- Jesse Carmichael To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday March 27th, 2019
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
- First Choice Announces DBE Certification
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Local Company Concerned for Peoples Security after Facebook Password breach
Hydra-Electric's announcement follows other recent product introductions including several new sensor designs for sensing of pressure, temperature and flow levels. The company is celebrating its 70th anniversary and exhibiting at NBAA Booth #623.
Hydra-Electric is a designer and manufacturer of breakthrough technology in sensors and switches for the aerospace industry. Its suite of solutions includes pressure, temperature, flow and multi-function sensors and switches. Founded in 1948 in Burbank, California, the company is celebrating 70 years as an innovator in the aerospace industry. Hydra-Electric's tradition of cutting edge research and development continues with numerous patented/patent-pending designs introduced in recent years.
- First Annual Schaumburg Health Summit Scheduled for 2019
- March Open for Business®: The four stages of social media issue and crisis management
- Homestake Capital receives 5 FAME Awards
- Jazz Guitarist Fareed Haque to Tour Several Cities
- United Premier Soccer League Announces South Florida Expansion with Atletico Miami Club de Futbol
- Quassy Opens For 111th Season April 27
- Findability Sciences extends its AI reach with an investment in work heuristics platform WorkDone
- Convey Launches Channel Partner Program for Web Portal Solutions
- 45th Conejo Valley Home Remodeling Show Coming To Westlake Village April 13 & 14
- Harold Mintz Joins the Classic Exhibits Family
- Northern Los Angeles Marketing Firm Making Waves in 2019
- Keller Williams Realty Select Announces KWRS International Real Estate Group
- Announcing GraviTsheets WordPress Plugin
- Carpet Cleaning near you from CJ Frank Carpet Cleaning
- Certified Tax Professional, Jon Neal, Hits Amazon Best-Seller List with Keep It!
- Rachel and Javier Garcia, PURE IBOs, are living their dream and helping others do the same
- Imagination Park Partners with Microsoft to Deliver Augmented Reality to Businesses of all Sizes
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Boys & Girls Club receives Health Champion Award
- Carol Allen, PURE IBO, leads with purpose, heart and vision