Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 473
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 127
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 124
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
Similar on eTradeWire
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Artisan Noodle Restaurant TATSUKI Celebrates its Grand Opening in San Diego August 1st
- Flywheel Uses Lola.com and Expensify to Streamline T&E Reporting
- RxBioLabs launches CimexiShield a Topical Bed Bug repellent for Travel
- Cancel flights at minimum price in an instant manner with American Cancellation Policy
- Sustainable Outdoor Apparel Startup Livsn Doubles Kickstarter Goal In 6 Hours
- Karting Miami at Dezerland Park Opens; First Indoor, Air Conditioned, Electric Go Kart Track in South Florida
- International Food Wine and Travel Writers Conference registration is open
- San Miguel de Allende Named Best City In Mexico for 4th Straight Year By Travel + Leisure Readers In "2019 World's Best Awards' Rankings
"Lola.com is building the most amazing brand in travel with the some of the best talent around," said Mike Volpe (https://www.lola.com/team/mike_volpe), CEO of Lola.com. "We aim for all team members to thrive and grow at the company through a balance of hard work and serious fun. I am excited that Lola.com's Wicked Loving culture is being spotlighted with an Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2019."
Collecting data on nearly 2,000 submissions, Inc. singled out 346 finalists. Each nominated company took part in an employee survey, conducted by Omaha's Quantum Workplace, on topics including trust, management effectiveness, perks, and confidence in the future. Inc. gathered, analyzed, and audited the data, then ranked all employers using a composite score of survey results. This year, 74.2 percent of surveyed employees were engaged by their work—besting last year's 72.1 percent.
The strongest engagement scores came from companies that prioritize the most human elements of work. These companies are leading the way in employee recognition, performance management, and diversity. It's a different playbook from a decade ago, when too many firms used the same template: free food, open work environments, and artifacts of "fun."
More on eTradeWire News
- TEEF! Donates $1,000 to Humane Society
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- A+ Editing Website Shutting Down for Maintenance in July
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Announces 15th Annual Season of CULTURE & COCKTAILS
All companies had to have a minimum of 10 employees and be U.S.-based, privately held, and independent – not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies. While researching the finalists, Inc. and Quantum saw distinct themes:
· 99 percent provide health insurance—and some cover the cost
· 49 percent allow employees to bring pets to work
· 65 percent take employees to offsite retreats to relax and recharge
· 16 percent offer paid sabbaticals to reward length of service
"With today's tight labor market, building a great corporate culture is more important than ever," said Inc. magazine editor in chief, James Ledbetter (https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-ledbetter-9667312/). "The companies on Inc.'s Best Workplaces list are setting an example that the whole country can learn from."
Last month, Lola.com was also named one of Boston Business Journal's 2019 Best Places to Work (https://www.lola.com/news/lola.com-named-2019-best-places-to-work-by-boston-business-journal), recognizing companies that go beyond the norm to foster an enjoyable and meaningful work environment. The company was also recently one of the Elite 8 companies in BostInno's Tech Madness competition (https://www.americaninno.com/boston/bostinnos-t...), recognizing the hottest companies in Boston tech.
Lola.com announced tremendous growth (https://www.lola.com/news/lola.com-posts-786-pe...) in 2018 with plans to double headcount this year. The company is hiring across engineering, product management, sales and marketing. For open positions, visit: https://www.lola.com/careers
More on eTradeWire News
- New Release! Relationships 7 by Piers Anthony is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
- Dave Goodrich 3D Trio Plays in Culpeper, VA
- Announcing Anonymous Email Address: ANONYMOUSEMAILADDRESS.COM
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Statement on President Trump's Racist Attacks Against Four Congresswomen
About Inc. Media
Founded in 1979 and acquired in 2005 by Mansueto Ventures, Inc. is the only major brand dedicated exclusively to owners and managers of growing private companies, with the aim to deliver real solutions for today's innovative company builders. Winner of Advertising Age's "A-List" in January 2015, and a National Magazine Award for General Excellence in both 2014 and 2012, Inc. has a monthly audience reach that's grown from two million in 2010 to more than 20 million today. For more information, visit Inc.com.
About Quantum Workplace
Quantum Workplace is an HR technology company that serves organizations through employee engagement surveys, action-planning tools, exit surveys, peer-to-peer recognition, performance evaluations, goal tracking, and leadership assessment. For more information, visit QuantumWorkplace.com.
Lola.com makes Agile Travel Management real by providing a super simple way to manage, book and report on business travel, saving employers and travelers time and money. Happy employee travel experiences within a policy can be set up in five minutes. Lola.com uses machine learning and 24/7 support to help travelers easily book trips, while empowering managers to create policies, view budgets and expenditures, and monitor their globetrotting team efficiently. Based in Boston, the company was founded in 2015 by Paul English, co-founder of the travel booking site KAYAK, and is led by CEO Mike Volpe, previously CMO at HubSpot. For more information, visit https://www.lola.com/ and connect on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/lolatravel/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/LolaTravel), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lolatravel/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LolaTravelCo/).
All trademarks recognized.
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer
- Nick Cabrera Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- AVAIlL Adds Integration with McNeel's Rhino Modeler
- YINCAE Advanced Materials, LLC. Proudly Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- The Waste Land on Earth? An Innovative Exhibition opening
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- Joe Romas Joins Mequon, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Learn More About Our Medical Exterior Design
- Gateway Community Outreach tops Our City Media Readers' Choice voting for Charity Community Service
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- Sperling Dermatology Celebrates 3- Year Anniversary and Jersey Shore Location Grand Opening