Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 577
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 211
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 203
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 187
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 187
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 177
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 175
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 134
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 124
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 114
Similar on eTradeWire
- "Autism's Got Talent" Crowns Inaugural Winner
- Bricks & Sticks Fishing Tournament raises over $16,000 for Lee BIA Builders Care
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Awakening the Warrior Within and Giving Tools to Survive
- Molly Secours' New Book "White Privilege Pop Quiz" Drawing Early National Praise
- Craftsmen Industries Acquires Chester Built Trailers
- Rainbow Village "We Are Family" Benefit Gala Gets New Name and Venue for 2020
- Actress Marcia Cross Launches Non-Profit Organization After Successful Battle with Cancer
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- One of Brisbane's best caterers gets saddled up for Melbourne Cup
Local Student, 15-Year old Colin Wanless Receives Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Youth Grant to Fight Childhood Hunger on Global Youth Service Day 2019
One in six children in America are at risk of hunger. In South Florida approximately 19.4% of children are food insecure. This translates to about 240,190 children who go to bed hungry daily. This is a problem that can be solved, and young people are a part of the solution. Joshua's Heart Foundation's youth-led activities will take place on April 13th from 7:30am to 1:00pm, during Global Youth Service Day. Wanless and his youth volunteers we will serve families in need by distributing groceries, books, toys, clothing and personal items. "We are excited and expect to help over 1,400 people on April 13th with the addition of our onsite Health Fair," said Wanless – Boca Raton Chapter President for Joshua's Heart Foundation.
More on eTradeWire News
- iPOP Alum Karan Brar's Latest Film, Hubie Halloween Now on Netflix
- Dr. Richard Facko, DDS of Palos Pediatric Dentistry appears on Chicagoland Chats
- Can's Headphones Launches the Big Bad Can's Plan!
- KRAVIS CENTER: Public Ticket Sale for 20/21 Season Starts This Friday at 10 am Online Only
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces 3 New Board Members
Colin is one of 114 young leaders across the country awarded $400 grants to organize projects to help end childhood hunger. Grantees will educate and mobilize their peers around the issue to help end childhood hunger through awareness, service, advocacy, and philanthropy activities. They join millions of other young people around the world as part of Global Youth Service Day, April 12 – 14, 2019. Celebrating 31 years of youth changing the world, Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) is the largest youth service and civic action event in the world.
"We want to empower today's youth because we believe they are the generation to end child hunger. We are supporting young leaders, from elementary to college students, who are dedicating their time to solving this crisis in one of the world's wealthiest countries," said Gerri Mason Hall, Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Chair and Chief Human Resources Officer, Sodexo North America. "By investing in their efforts on Global Youth Service Day, we hope to ignite the passion in other young people to join the fight against child hunger."
Youth Service America
Founded in 1986, Youth Service America (YSA) is a nonprofit organization that supports youth to learn the skills they need to find their voice, take action and have an impact on critical challenges facing their communities. To measure its global impact in more than 100 countries, YSA aligns its outcomes with the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals and the 21st Century Skills. To learn more, visit www.YSA.org.For more information, visit www.YSA.org and www.GYSD.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- Survey: B2B SaaS Execs Bullish on Sales Methodologies, See Value Engineering as Game Changing
- How To Find Auto Insurance After A DUI Charge
- Identity: The Podcast Seeing the Signs feat. Serenity Thyme
- Axiomtek's Robust, Low Power-Consumption Embedded PC with Customizable Features - eBOX626-311-FL
- Michael Masor Brings Safe Money Radio To Butte & Missoula
Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation
The Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation works with and through partners to help end childhood hunger in the United States because no child should be hungry today or risk being hungry again tomorrow. Sodexo, Inc., which funds all administrative costs, and the nonprofit Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, mobilize experts, innovators, volunteers and donors to feed children; to advocate for policies to end childhood hunger; and to implement innovative potential solutions, particularly those designed by youth. Since 1999, the Foundation has leveraged nearly $32 million in grant dollars to help end childhood hunger. For more information, visit www.SodexoFoundation.org and www.SodexoUSA.com
Joshua's Heart Foundation (JHF)
JHF was founded in 2005 in Miami, Florida by Joshua when he was 4 1/2 years old and is dedicated to the fight against global hunger and poverty. JHF is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit, which empowers needy people to improve their quality of life by providing necessities like groceries and personal items. We also effectively engage and educate young people in committing to fight hunger and poverty globally.
A Better Concept PR
- Cloe Wilder Releases New Single, "Call Me If You Need Me"
- Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #82, Nov. 15th, features masterpieces, rarities
- Accuenergy Designs New Multi-Circuit Meter with Innovative SnapOn CT Terminal Connectors
- Timely New Children's Book Inspires Kids To Wear COVID Masks and become Super-19 Heroes
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Braces in Easton for Only $3,995, No Hidden Fees
- Arlington Senior Community Celebrates Whataburger-Themed Chicken Coop with Ribbon-Cutting Event
- Matthew Brickman Explains Modification Of Child Custody Rights During COVID-19
- Waterford Dentist Contributes To Nationally Renowned Textbook
- Independent Presidential Candidate Jade Simmons Takes on Texas & Indiana for Candidate Suppression
- 2013 Volkswagen Passat For Sale!
- Downtown Frederick Theaters Join Forces for Fundraiser Concert at Fairgrounds
- Solar Vent Fan's 3D Tech Redesign Boosts Output for Safer Porta-Johns
- Keyfactor and Per Scholas Announce Partnership to Drive Skills Training & Diversity in Cybersecurity
- 28-Year-Old Magical Nights of Lights Gives Way to Something New
- Independent Presidential Candidate Jade Simmons Visits Oklahoma to Raise Awareness & Meet Supporters
- Michael Meyer Hosts Virtual Event on Communication
- SquadLocker Launches New Podcast Showcasing Sports Mentors who Inspire and Shape America's
- Biscayne Gardens Chamber of Commerce To Host Google Search Management Workshop Powered By Grow With Google
- New album Something Simple from indie soul-pop artist Pamela Machala
- Niagara Church Abuse Activist To Protest Three Catholic Locations In Toronto Thursday