Popular on eTradeWire
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 206
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 179
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 173
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 169
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 149
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 130
- Good Hospitality Services announces groundbreaking ceremony for new Crown Point Hampton Inn 125
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 118
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 118
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 106
Similar on eTradeWire
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- Multicultural Network www.UnityFirst.com presents "Inclusion Always Matters: How to Navigate the New 'Now'" – a Virtual Conversation
- A Perfect Match In Entertainment and Love! Josie Passantino and Matt Boone Wed!
- Trade with Africa® Business Summit Advances U.S. trade with Africa
- Ahlers & Ogletree has major auctions slated for fall starting with White Oaks in Atlanta Sept. 12-13
- IBAW Presents "Security in an Uncertain World"
- Chowderfest 2020 pivots to Soup up the Local Economy with Month of Tasting and Hybrid Events
- Rock and Roll San Diego Introduces New Livestreaming Feature
- Unreasonable Kids and OpenNorfolk Partner to Inspire Kid-Superheroes (Community Advocates) to Lead
- Inaugural "Per Invite" Virtual Italian Comedy Film Festival Jul 31- Sep 5 2020
Patrick Burke, 66, cannot do what other people take for granted; running, skipping and hopping stopped many years ago. In fact, Patrick's ability to do something as simple as walk is severely impeded by Multiple Sclerosis (MS). He must focus the whole of his attention on just lifting up one leg and putting it in front of the other whenever he wants to walk.
"The walk will be a huge challenge for me in so many ways. My limit at present is 45 minutes. The length of time that I can walk is limited by muscular fatigue and poor balance. Walking for an hour will knock me out physically for a couple of days," says Mr Burke.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Constitutional Walking Tour and OnCell Announce Launch of New Philadelphia Visitor App
- Giftapart now available in Canada
- Intracoastal Construction Welcomes Sales Director Alesha Richmond
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Tim O'Brien Homes Wins 2020 Department of Energy Innovation Award
Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that affects the nerves in the brain and spinal cord and is different for everyone. In Mr Burke's case one of the effects of the disease is the transmission of messages from the brain to the left leg and foot muscles. As a result, he cannot lift his foot off the ground or hold his leg in the air.
Mt Burke cannot walk unaided. He must use a four-wheeled walker, which he must hold onto with both hands to maintain his balance. He uses a clever electrical device to stimulate muscles so he can lift his leg off the ground and take small steps. The location for the walk should be a flat tarmac surface. Walking up and down or across a slope is very difficult and walking in a tight circle challenges Mr Burke's balance. Ideally, he would like to walk approximately 50m in a straight line, turn around and walk back, as often as he can in the space of an hour.
"For me It feels like I'm walking in water," says Mr Burke. "It is very tiring, and my walking is excruciatingly slow. If I tried walking with walking sticks or crutches, I would fall over."
More on eTradeWire News
- StoweAway Productions Develops New Scripted Series "Slave Stealers"
- GreenPointe Developers Welcomes Dream Finders Homes, Lennar and Richmond American Homes to Tributary
- UNRIVALED Launches New Inside the Jersey Profile Featuring WNBA Player Lauren Cox
- Last Chance to Enter to Win a Special-Edition 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4x4 Hand-Picked by Dennis Collins of BLKMTN!
- Gerrymandering creates hard road in Wisconsin
Mr Burke was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis in 1995, though his symptoms started in 1972. In 2000, the disease morphed into Secondary Progressive MS and he took medical retirement in 2012. He is a regular visitor to the Chilterns MS Centre for physiotherapy, group exercise and one to one help to manage the disease.
"There are many factors motivating me to do this," said Mr Burke, "I want to prove to myself that I can walk for an hour. And another big motivation is seeing how much money I can raise for the charity, which is an oasis for people with MS in this area and the support they provide is quite outstanding."
To contact Patrick Burke about a location for this fundraising challenge, please telephone: 07947 024691 or email: email@example.com. To make a donation, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/walk4onehour.
- Want to Change the Laws in Your Area?
- Elite Middle and Secondary School Offers Interactive Online Learning Platform
- Digital Defense Announces New Partner Program for Managed Service Providers
- The death of Naya Rivera was an accidental drowning | Criminal Defense and DUI | Red Metric Law
- Mission Fat Hearts Movie Campaign Hopes to Inspire Ripples of Kindness That Turn Into Waves
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "What Should You Be Tracking For Success?"
- American Bar Foundation Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth M. Weldon Into the Fellows
- Help for Hotels as They Reopen - Hyperion Biotechnology Offers Legionella Water Testing
- Wellfit Girls announces new leadership transition
- Fort Myers Brewing Company releases a limited-edition Pilsner to benefit boy battling cancer
- Attorney Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law releases video discussing Trump's use of federal agents
- Healthy Lee launches Teacher Appreciation Contest
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida receives grant from the Community Foundation for $5,000
- COVID-19 Halts Fundraising of Colon Cancer Research in Kansas City
- Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate Wins TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award for 2020
- Roque Plast S.A. de C.V. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Command Brands Gel AntiBac
- Parenting Kids with ADHD and Related Challenges Just Got A Lot Easier
- Virtual Play in Pre-Production on The Story Of First Civil Rights Martyrs Harry T. & Harriette Moore
- Find Your ID NYC: Dreamcast McFly's Ode to Body Positivity with New Single "Big Gurl"
- IPGARD Launches DPMST Series DisplayPort Secure KVM