Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 452
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker 101
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
- Prince Crowe Signs With Tcb Records
- Anchorage Entrepreneur, Molly Bz, Selected as Forbes Top 150 Startups 2019, launches cookie business with worldwide distributor, Sysco Distributing
- Tony Goldwyn, Maria Shriver, and more Named Honorees for 2019 Television Industry Advocacy Awards
- Ty Cohen Net Worth and Review of Kindle Cash Flow - I am NOT an affiliate
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
Similar on eTradeWire
- NESCO's 18 Qt Roaster Oven makes holiday meal time easier
- DeRonja Real Estate Hires Bradley Congleton
- Guide to Off Grid Living Launches New Living-Off-Grid.com Website to Complement Its Facebook Groups
- Western Falcon Offers Free Case Study Download Regarding Successful Well Applications
- Atlanta Cleaning Service: FREE Cleaning Checklist - Cleaning Service Near Me
- PAPA to Participate in 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- Telaeris et Coppernic s'associent pour fournir une solution d'authentification de l'identité en Europe
- Sympa Solar inaugurates first Bangladesh solar project in grand Opening chaired by Prime Minister
1. Spice it up!
Eating something hot is a great way to stay cool. It's the same reason that people in hot climates often eat spicy food! Capsaicin, the substance that makes spicy food spicy, binds to receptors in your mouth. The brain interprets this as being hot, and instructs your body to sweat. The evaporation that occurs on your skin subsequently cools you down. It's a brilliant method to cool down when the temperature goes up.
2. Say goodbye to incandescent lights
If you ever needed motivation to make the switch to LED lights, now is the time. About 90 percent of the energy in incandescent bulbs goes into making heat, while about 80 percent of Compact Fluorescent Lights goes to heat! So replacing these heat sources will make a big difference in cooling your home while lowering your electric bill. And, while LEDs are more expensive to purchase, they last 25 times longer, saving you significant money over the life of the bulb.
More on eTradeWire News
- Middleweight Boxing Greats Develop a Heavyweight Mobile App
- Santana Equipment Announces Expansion Office for its Arizona Operations
- Young Friends of Legal Services Elects Five New Board Members
- English as a Second Language Program Offered at Charter School in Allentown
- Women Empowerment Group Leads Two Events in NYC and Alabama
3. Avoid expensive breakdowns
Make sure you have your HVAC system inspected and tuned up every year to ensure it's running at peak efficiency and saving you money. One faulty part can place strain on the rest of the system, and can lead to sudden and expensive breakdowns. Tune-ups are very affordable and extremely cost effective. Most of us wouldn't dream of going a whole year without getting an oil change for our vehicles, it's just as important for our air conditioning systems.
4. Consider using a programmable thermostat
It's amazing how many people don't use programmable thermostats, says Heffelfinger. They are one of the best ways of reducing your monthly utility bill, and they often pay for themselves in one year. A simple 5-day/2-day programmable thermostat is not expensive and will allow you to set up a separate schedule for weekdays and weekends. The U.S. Department of Energy says you can achieve around a 10 percent energy savings by turning your thermostat back 7 to 10 degrees F from its normal setting for 8 hours a day.
5. Use an energy efficient A/C unit to save 20-40 percent
More on eTradeWire News
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcome Miami International Fine Arts as a Platinum Member
- The Pets & Money Summit Announces Finalists for The Best in Show Spotlight
- Infoworks' VP Product, Ramesh Menon to Speak at Evanta CDO Executive Summit
- Kia Forte Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- Community Foundation of Frederick County Award Grant to Weinberg Center
According to Energy.gov,"Most central air conditioning units last about 20 years. At 12 years old, an air conditioning unit is passing its mid-life point. But even if your air conditioner is only 10 years old, you could save 20-40 percent of your cooling energy costs by upgrading to a more efficient model."
To learn more energy-savings tips or to schedule an A/C tune-up, contact the HVAC pros at https://acexpertek.com/tipsandtricks/ or 623-537-4830. A family-owned business, A/C Expertek has more than 28 years of experience servicing Valley home owners and has an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Longleaf Law Partners Welcomes Attorney Carl Younger
- Miller & Miller's Watches & Jewelry Auction, Nov. 23rd, will feature luxury items by famous makers
- ATEN Expands KVM over IP Extender Series
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Caters Powerful DME Eligibility Verification Services
- "Blades Direct Reviews" BladesDirect.net Announces Famous Shocker SHOXX RX13 Diamond Blade
- Duplex stainless steel fabrication leverages its physical benefits
- North Florida Land Trust has received the Joe Hixon Champion of Conservation Award
- "Blades Direct Reviews" BladesDirect.net Announces New Shocker RX13 SHOXX Diamond Blade
- Branded Seats® Teams Up With Caddy Products for Exclusive USA Distribution
- Construction Completes on Updated Campo Bello Elementary School Campus
- Fennemore Craig Earns Top Tier Rankings in the 2020 Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Rankings
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- Gaither Homecoming Soloist to Sing at 29th Annual Christmas Carol Sing
- Storyteller, Speaker& Best-selling Author Dr. Nina Kelly Encourages Readers To Turn Within
- Indie Film Festival Fave "My First Kiss and the People Involved" Is Now Available on Amazon.com
- Orlando Resident Wins Grand Prize in Steve Harvey's Standup Spotlight
- Honeycomb Credit and BitReel Announce Strategic Partnership
- Henry Ford Village's Management Company Ranked #1 In J.D. Power Study
- The World's First Terpene Beauty Supplement Hits Online Shelves
- 7pace Releases Timetracker 5 with new Dashboards for Azure DevOps