Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 161
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 154
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 108
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 102
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- Zupervise selected to work in partnership with Facebook Startup Programs
Similar on eTradeWire
- Tesla Medbed and Med Bed Technology Now Being Offered to the Public
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded the NIE 2021 Award for the Condition Specific Category to Stratum Nutrition's Ingredient LBiome™
- Knology Receives NSF Grant to Explore How People Move towards STEM-informed Action
- Xen by Neuvana: First-of-its-kind Vagus Nerve Stimulation Device Now Available to Canadians
- The Citizen Science Lab Receives $300,000 Grant from the Eden Hall Foundation for SeaPerch Program
- Picard Investment Group Announces Successful Testing Of New Organic Medicinal Product For Shingles and Herpes Simplex Viruses
- mesur.io Announces Successful Seed-2 Investment Round
- Enciircle's Optiix brand launches all-new TruChrom Explorer Illuminator
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida resumes field trip program for area seventh graders
In a new paper published in Light: Science & Applications, a team of optical engineers, led by Professor Aydogan Ozcan from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA, and co-workers have developed a deep learning-based design method for all-optical computation of an arbitrary linear transform. This all-optical processor uses spatially-engineered diffractive surfaces in manipulating optical waves and computes any desired linear transform as the light passes through a series of diffractive surfaces. This way, the computation of the desired linear transform is completed at the speed of light propagation, with the transmission of the input light through these diffractive surfaces. In addition to its computational speed, these all-optical processors also do not consume any power to compute, except for the illumination light, making it a passive and high-throughput computing system.
More on eTradeWire News
- What happens if I cancel my Spirit Airlines flight
- How Much is Seat Selection on EVA Air?
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- Art is Better in the Dark On October 29!
- Groom announces iOS and Android app release
The analyses performed by the UCLA team indicate that deep learning-based design of these all-optical diffractive processors can accurately synthesize any arbitrary linear transformation between an input and output plane, and the accuracy as well as the diffraction efficiency of the resulting optical transforms significantly improve as the number of diffractive surfaces increases, revealing that deeper diffractive processors are more powerful in their computing capabilities.
The success of this method has been demonstrated by performing a wide range of linear transformations including for example randomly generated phase and amplitude transformations, the Fourier transform, image permutation and filtering operations. This computing framework can be broadly applied to any part of the electromagnetic spectrum to design all-optical processors using spatially-engineered diffractive surfaces to universally perform an arbitrary complex-valued linear transform. It can also be used to form all-optical information processing networks to execute a desired computational task between an input and output plane, providing a passive, power-free alternative to digital processors.
More on eTradeWire News
- Celebrate Halloween with Hot Deals Inc
- 1017 Brick Squad Records Mack Drama gives valuation of Record Lable
- Do I get refund if I cancel my flight from Turkish Airlines?
- Does The Brand Have The Advantage?
- International Academy Awards for Latino Podcasting present the Latin Podcast Awards Winners
Authors of this work are Onur Kulce, Deniz Mengu, Yair Rivenson and Aydogan Ozcan of UCLA School of Engineering. The researchers acknowledge the funding of US AFOSR.
- Visionary Dance Theatre presents "Breathe"
- IntriEnergy™ invites investors to help change the solar equation
- MVA Selects Thinklabs One Digital Stethoscope as 2021 Winner of the Best MedT
- SS Innovations MVA 2021 winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of of Minimal Access
- Evidnt launches an planning solution to identify buyers demographics based on real-time sales data
- Perfect Christmas Gift for those with Mental Health, Depression and Anxiety Challenges
- Venmo Allowing Users to Buy Cryptocurrency Through App
- PSA & Sneakertopia Honor PSA Professional Skate Athletes
- Major Plastic Cleanup Removes 20,000 Pounds of Waste out of the Pacific Ocean
- Boldmere Dental Practice – dental care with a personal touch
- Crystal Dental Care – 24-hour emergency dentist in Wood Green, London
- New to Connecticut! Sell Your House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- Emmy® award winning TV Journalist Harry Martin Exhibits Underwater Photos at Piermont Flywheel Gallery October 14th to 31st
- Moviegazoo Will Cover Its Members Complete Salary, If I.A.T.S.E. Union Issues A Strike Order!
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Hurela Human Hair Wigs Halloween Sale 2021
- Thirty Days of Power lands in the Australian Amazon Hot Releases Top Ten
- Bledsoe International Applies Lanco Products to Provide Waterproof Roof Restoration Systems
- Ray Collins Brings Safe Money & Income Radio To Mobile & Biloxi