Popular on eTradeWire
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 228
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 209
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 202
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 191
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 184
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 138
- Evil Under The Skin Trailer & Poster Stream To Scream Today
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Raises Over $100K for Childhood Cancer Research
- InterMountain Management Announces Partnership with Gemini Hotel Group for Management of the Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, NE
- Former Rentals United COO and VP of Sales Agustin Fiori joins BookingPal
Similar on eTradeWire
- Justice Bell Replica on View from outdoors at Morven Museum & Garden through Election Day
- Donna S. Bellinger, Business Sales Expert Shares Life Business Advice on Entrepreneurship LIVE Show
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Jenna Guarneri Accepted Into Forbes Business Council
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Save Money On Halloween Sale With Beautyforever Hair Coupons
- Awakening the Warrior Within and Giving Tools to Survive
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- Bling Galore Paparazzi Jewelry Parties are a great way to promote fun and accessorize!
Out with the Old, In with the New
With many of us spending more time at home this year (thanks, 2020), there's no better time to do a major closet purge than now! We can all be guilty of holding onto clothing items or accessories that spend more time in our closet than on our bodies which is exactly why it's so important we finally let them go.
In fact, it's actually been said that most people only wear 20% of their clothes a majority of the time. This means less closet space for items you're really into! Let go of those pieces that aren't serving you anymore to make room for things that will elevate your look. Plus, you could even make some money selling your old clothing and accessories online. Talk about a win-win.
It's All in the Details
The easiest way to elevate your style is by accessorizing. Even if you're rocking a simple outfit, adding a few key accessories such as scarves, jewelry, handbags, and sunglasses can really take it up a notch.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you're accessorizing:
Don't wear more than 3-4 large accessories. An overload of accessorizing can actually take away from the look and that's the last thing we want.
Step out of the box and mix colors/metals. Remember, fashion is meant to be fun and expressive so wear what you like and feel comfortable in!
Consider what your plans for the day are. Many accessories such as handbags and sunglasses serve a purpose as well as make a fashion statement. For example, if you'll be doing a lot of walking that day, opt for a cross body purse instead of a shoulder bag. It's all about function and fashion!
More on eTradeWire News
- Smart Water Club Uses Real-Time Data to Perfect Individual Water Technology Needs
- Arizona Mom launches a Natural Hair Care line
- National Minority Health Assn. (NMHA) Launches GoFundMe™ Campaign
- Loretta Kaufman Receives Medal of Honor in the NAWA's 131st Annual Members' Exhibition
- Artists Find Structure in Their Work
You don't always have to match your accessories to your outfits. Being matchy matchy is a thing of the past which means that you can mix prints, colors, and fabrics and still look chic!
Example: Black Daisy Bracelets Katelyn Cobblestone Link Bracelet
When people think about improving their closet, many think of investing in a pricey designer piece. And while it isn't a necessarily bad idea, it's important to keep in mind what your personal value of this piece may be. For example, if you are looking at a pair of $600 heels but can't picture at least 5-10 outfits you'd wear with them, it's probably a good idea to rethink your purchase.
When investing in your wardrobe, start off with basic items that you can get a lot of use out of. Think minimalistic bags, shoes, or sunnies in neutral tones that will match with any print, fabric, or outfit in your closet. Once you have those staple pieces in your collection, then you can branch out and splurge on those eye-catching items that you may not wear as often.
Example: Cocktail Dresses Bamboo Silk Digitally Printed Open Back Dress - Imported from Europe
In this age of social media and fashion influencers, it can be easy to lose sight of your own personal style in favor for trends and popular looks. Keep in mind that your closet should be a reflection of you and your personality. After all, your clothes are one of the first things someone notices about you.
Don't force yourself to wear something just because it's trendy. And don't be afraid to wear something that you like even if it is considered "out of style." Your wardrobe should make you feel confident and comfortable so don't worry about what anyone else thinks!
Fashion is an art and just like with painting, sculpting, or any other form of art, you shouldn't shy away from experimenting! Play around with different colors, fabrics, prints, and silhouettes to find pieces that work for you and your lifestyle. The only way you'll really learn what you like is by trying new things. Even if you make mistakes or end up wearing something that doesn't suit you, who cares! At least you can have a laugh at yourself a few years down the line.
More on eTradeWire News
- Association's Directory Lists Local Medicare Insurance Agents
- DC Area Moving Company Announces Launch Of Best Movers In Brooklyn
- Alovéa Partners with National Health Share in CELL-A-BRATE Health Project
- TVS Hi Tops Network Adds Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Woody Woodpecker Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Nonprofit Teams Up with Pro Athletes on Learning Disorder Affecting 70 Million Worldwide
Layer, Layer, Layer
Learning the art of layering is key when trying to step up your looks. It's also a way for you to get more wear out of items you may not gravitate towards as often. Try wearing a hoodie underneath a blazer, your leather jacket over a sundress, or a jean jacket over a chunky sweater. The options are truly endless when it comes to layering, which means more outfit combinations for you to try out! Shop print tops>>
Take Care of Your Closet
It's super important to take good care of your wardrobe—especially if you've invested good money into it. At the end of the day, a wrinkly Burberry trench coat is still wrinkly!
Here's a checklist to make sure your closet is in check:
Iron or steam wrinkly clothing before wearing them. If you're crunched for time, hang the items in the bathroom with you while you shower so the steam can reduce some of those wrinkles.
Find a good tailor. This is especially important if you're buying investment clothing items. Clothing that fits your body is more flattering and will make you feel more confident wearing it.
Storage is important. Keep your purses stuffed with tissue in dustbags, don't overstuff your closet so clothing gets super wrinkled, don't hang sweaters to avoid stretched out shoulders… the list can go on.
All in all, fashion should be fun and not a chore so keep that in mind next time you go shopping to elevate your look!
Ready to find your unique style? Shop http://adora-bold.com or http://adorabold.co for pieces to help you elevate your wardrobe!
Lyn Reed, Adorabold
- Q3 2020 | Houston Industrial | Research & Forecast Report
- Checklist for Autism Treatment Selection
- Panel Built's Modular Offices Adapt to Meet New Workplace Needs
- DHS' Vice Chairman, Fernando Aguirre, Approves to Launch Partnership and New Coalition to Strengthen
- Financial Solutions Inc. Adds Timeshare Cancellation Services
- 143VINYL adds StarCraft SD Matte Removable Vinyl to product line
- Double Heart and Kidney Transplant Recipient Reveals Secrets to Survival During Difficult Times in New Book
- Blaqq Production Compnay Hosts a Screenwriting Compition and Uncovers Unique Talent
- TRENIQUES: Shay Leonia gives insights into her music career
- Guardian Pool Fence Systems Opens New Location In Las Vegas
- For "Write a Business Plan Month"... During Covid...Every Month is "Write a Business Plan Month"
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Cheryl Jett
- Charlotte Art League's Storytelling Payphone Launch
- LED Display Lightings and its Importance in Modern Economy
- MTGA Recognizes COVID-19 Response Champions At Annual Awards
- Pirate Chain Onboards a New Core Developer
- Welcome to Victory – Century Victory!
- KFA Wins Honor for LA LGBT Center, Anita May Rosenstein Campus at LABC Architectural Awards Gala
- Grab The Axe Consulting signs UAT Professor & IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Dr. Mark "The Shark" Smith
- Sink into the strange new tale by horror author Timothy G. Huguenin