Popular on eTradeWire
- Plan Heal Smart Health Assessment Platform Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 537
- Impress from Engagis Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 293
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 267
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 245
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 232
- IAM and Universiti Malaya form collaborative relationship/ MOU - 183
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach - 156
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast - 130
- The New Way of Selling Your House! - 127
- Local Speaker and Humanitarian Travels to England for Faces of Women of Heart Awards - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- ResmarkWeb's Expertly-Crafted Website Packages Deliver Outstanding Results
- Knobull's President Spotlights "Most Searched" Labor Market Data
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Knobull's President Shows How Leadership Skills Boost Career Growth
- echolingo.com Translation Validation App Released
- Tech SEO Case Study Explains How Boulder SEO Marketing Helped a Managed IT Service Provider Dominate the Local Landscape
- President Of Knobull Explains Top 2 Predictors Of Resume Success
- Link.Store Launches the Ultimate Etsy Shop Manager Manual – A Comprehensive Guide for Thriving on Etsy
- Knobull Tools Save A Critical Personal Asset
People find new opportunities through the Hidden Job Market: vacancies that aren't publicly listed or advertised with recruiters but instead are filled through internal candidates or referrals.
"There's a lot of positions — at least 60%, I'd say — that never make it to the public, which really surprises a lot of people," Bentley adds.
Make a short list of companies you want to work for — no more than 10 — and let that list guide your search.
Then, figure out who the decision-makers at those companies are. That's because companies want to hire people who have a strong, veritable interest in their business, Bentley explains — and as a jobseeker, it is much easier to build relationships if you are thoughtful and intentional in your search instead of copying and pasting the same outreach message to 50 people.
"Even if they don't have an immediate opening, it's not to say that in a few weeks or months someone will get promoted or quit," he says. "If you're on their radar, you'll be at the top of their hiring list."
More on eTradeWire News
- Jennifer Killilea Joins Retirement and Investment Specialists Johnson Brunetti
- A Symphony of Inclusion: Geneva Worldwide's ASL Interpreters Shine at the 2023 New York State Fair
- The Future of Deposition Summaries: The Synergy of Human Paralegals and AI in the USA Legal System
- Big Village Launches Audience Intelligence Services: Revolutionizing Audience Strategy & Targeting
- Florida Foot and Ankle Specialists Shed Light on Top Three Common Foot Conditions
Most of your networking, however, should stem from names on your target list of companies you want to work for: the recruiters, hiring managers, potential co-workers and higher-ups you'd work with.
Even if there's no current openings that fit your experience and interests or you don't have anything in common with this person right off the bat, "it's important to share why you're reaching out … what, specifically, is compelling about their career or their company to you?" Bentley says.
In your initial outreach, you also want to explain "what solutions you can bring to the table and how you could solve problems for them or strengthen existing processes," he says.
Choose three specific skills, milestones or experiences to highlight in your elevator pitch that would really add value to the organization, Bentley advises, then end with the following script:
"While I don't see an opening for [insert dream job here] right now, I just wanted to introduce myself and what my specialization is, in case future opportunities arise. I'm always looking to connect with like-minded professionals in [insert field here]. In case you're interested in connecting, here's how you can reach me!"
"Putting in the time and effort to form deep connections, and approaching networking from the perspective of how you can contribute to the organization and make it stronger, will help you stand out in the search compared to all of the other applicants who are really just focused on their wants," he says.
- Ayda Announces Launch of USD Participant Payouts and Increases Coverage to 52 Countries
- Spreading the Twinkl Magic this Festive Season
- Revolutionizing the New Homes Industry
- Michigan Computer Supplies Helps Fix Pesky Printer Problems
- CourMed Partners with NorthStar Care to Launch Virtual & Confidential Alcohol Substance Abuse Pilot
- Innovative Engineering Advises Building Owners on Winter Preparedness
- HIBLOW USA DUO/DUAL Port Air Pump Timer Settings
- Alpha Design + Build Transforms Ann Arbor Kitchens and Baths
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Ayahuasca Ceremonies in Montgomery, Alabama Provide Healing to The Sick
- Birmingham Alabama Ayahuasca Ceremonies - Psilocybin, Bufo Alvarius and Kambo Retreats
- CXO 2.0 Conference Announces Dedicated Exhibiting Spaces In Dubai And The USA
- Shelflation Retail Technology Corp. Provides an Innovative Approach to Inventory and Stock Rotation
- Master Astrologer Robert Lee Camp a.k.a. Mr. Destiny Shows His Hand on The 'X' Zone
- UFOs, Black Triangles, Sasquatch, Haunted House and Ghosts Investigated in Kings Canyon, CA
- #DO7E Creator Dr. Tracey Bond Begins 25-Day #Genius-Quote Parade Countdown to Genius More in 2024
- CENTUM Financial Group Launches Groundbreaking Technology-Agnostic National Deal Desk for Canadian Mortgage Brokers
- Introducing a Trailblazing Anthem: "Passport Bros Anthem"
- My Glo Mushroom Made Lighting is nominated for the Green Product Award 2024
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Curtis Cloke America's Leading Retirement Income Expert