Popular on eTradeWire
- Yost & Company Proudly Joins Engage Advisors, Creating Leading Healthcare CPA Firm
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos Awarded over $20,000 in Grants including Princeton Area Community Foundation 2022 Community Impact Grant
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Women Veterans Alliance Encourages Support and Empowerment of Underserved Women Military Veterans on Veteran's Day and Throughout the Year
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- Actionstep Unveils New Built-in Payments Solution – Actionstep Payments
- PC Bennett Partners with PDM Automotive to Bring More Aftermarket Functionality to AutoFitmentPlus
- "Reflections" of Iconic African Americans Light the Way
Similar on eTradeWire
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Ken W. Stone Joins Talent Concierge®
- Unreasonable Kids College, a Norfolk Police mini-grant recipient
- Father Forms Non-Profit Organization with Simple Plea — See Disabled Persons®
- KLR24's flagship morning magazine attracts new sponsors
- QuarsiProfitNews Review $16,987 Bonus
- Easy Resume Writing Tips for Beginners and Career Changers
- 12 Cyber Monday Safety Tips for Retailers in 2022
"It is well documented that organizations drive better business results, create safer and more positive cultures, and foster higher retention by focusing on building a high-level of trust among team members," Baker said. "Meantime toxic cultures have the opposite effect."
Baker said a study by SHRM indicated toxicity in the workplace has cost organizations $223 billion in retention over the last five years, $431 billion per year in lost productivity due to unplanned employee absences, and one in five employees leaving their job. Nearly three of four workers said they wish their organization was less tolerant of toxic employees, and 58% of those who left stated the problem was their manager.
More on eTradeWire News
- Venture Capital and Family Offices Turn to Revenue Security Start-up RevSystems
- The Doral Chamber proudly Welcomes Quick Logistic US as Trustee
- African American Women In Cinema Launches Campaign to Support Women Film Makers
- Regent Surgical Health Announces New Controller Patricia Pyrdum
- Abundant Life Coach Dr. Arriel Cymone To Host Dynasty Masterclass
"Leaders need to reframe the conversation around their team so they can work together and feel listened to and supported. Trust breakers such as sidebar conversations, jockeying for position, gossip and backbiting, and lack of constructive feedback need to be addressed."
Baker added, instead, executives need to help team members support each other by giving them the benefit of the doubt, suspending judgment, and assuming positive intent. "Zero in on strengths, renew commitment to the organization, get everyone on the same page, and deepen collaboration. Team coaching and trust workout sessions should be part of the process."
Baker said many companies lack a game plan to determine and improve trust within a team. A program like the Reina Three Dimension of Trust Building Model® measures the team's state on specific behaviors that build or break trust.
"One company, Voya Financial, underwent team building training and reported that 80% of employees felt trust building positively impacted their ability to serve their customers, 84% said it positively impacted collaboration across the team and 76% of the staff said it increased their desire to work for the company."
More on eTradeWire News
- Pop Up Holiday Sale at The Center for Contemporary Art
- Sensoria Health Speaking at Smart Haptics Conference in Seattle, December 7-8, 2022
- Bubba Puppin Adventure Dog new children's book release
- Southwest Florida Music Education Center names Jennifer Clark executive director
- Genoa Design Announces Partnership with Datifex: Unlocking the Value of the Digital Ship
According to Baker, following a team-building initiative, another underperforming company turned around a $30 million project on time and on budget, saved $1 million in strategic planning efforts through efficiency, and became the #1 performer for five years in a row moving from lowest to highest producing plant in their nationwide network in 18 months.
"You can't build trust by slapping words on the wall or website. Trust can only be built or broken one way and that is through our behavior."
Kim Baker is a team builder/designer, corporate consultant, and speaker. She and Vivid Performance Group help build happy, trusting, get-it-done employees and teams. They optimize talent and accomplish their mission, so everyone works better, together.
- Joseph Durnford Receives 2022 Industry Leadership Award and is Inducted into Hall of Fame
- Save Fuel - Add Power – Reduce Pollution – Low Cost – Guaranteed – ECOFuelMax
- NWDC finishes donation drive for Hurricane Ian
- One of North Carolina's Largest Charitable Clinics First in State to Offer Clinical Trials as A Care Option to Patients
- Circus Harmony Holiday Camps/Classes
- Sonnenblick-Eichner Company Arranges $22 Million Loan to Refi Doubletree by Hilton in Los Angeles
- Award-Winning Documentary "A New Home" Shares STL Bosnian Community with the World via Amazon
- Ocean Partnership for Children unveils refreshed brand identity
- The Morgridge Family Foundation Launches $1.4M Initiative to Disrupt the Child Welfare System
- New Study Projects VR Revenue to Reach $28.8 Billion by 2026
- Receivables Performance Management Data Breach: Murphy Law Firm Investigates Legal Claims
- High Quality Veneers Available at Center Valley Dental
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation to host Jan. 19 fundraiser at Topgolf
- SBACNJ Recognized by Industry Group for Community Outreach Efforts
- Acts 4 Ministry Seeking Winter Coats & Accessories For "Share The Warmth" Drive
- Philip Paul Kelly Set To Reprise Role Of Mr. Greenway In "Elf The Musical"
- Summit Court's newest phase is already 50 percent leased
- Southampton Dental Practice Offering Affordable Dentures
- National Lacrosse League Announces Playoff Format and Playoff Schedule For 2022-23 Season
- Food Gardening Magazine Publishes December Garden-to-Table for the Holidays Issue