Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Esteemed Literary Anthology Series Features the Joys of Travel
- New Release: 'God's First Pick', Written by Johnnie Jackson Emphasizes A Woman's Worth & Purpose
- Elmquist Eye Group's Dr. Sarah Eccles-Brown earns certification in Kahook Dual Blade procedure
- All the Way Up podcast uses storytelling and meditation to uplift the African American community
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
Similar on eTradeWire
- ASAP Systems' Inventory Management System Offers a Refined User Experience with New Visual Enhancements
- First-of-its-kind Tampa Bay resiliency summit set for January
- New Queensland election watchdog to expose fake news
- Let Medalcraft Mint design a challenge coin for your organization
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- Green Energy Exchange Partners with SmartGridCIS to Help Texas Consumers Save Green by Going Green
- ASAP Systems' Inventory System and Asset Tracking Solution Tracks the Equipment Needed For a Healthy New York
- Brexit and a New Regional Economic Settlement
- Fueling America Author, Jack Kerfoot, Targets Portland City Council
- Wright Enterprises Shares Freelance Writer Anh Lê's Commentary on the Impeachment Hearing
"In the almost seven years I have served as a district judge, I have endeavored to apply the laws of our state in a uniform and neutral manner, and to provide every litigant with a fair opportunity to present and defend the claims before the court," Smith said.
"I believe Collin County voters value a fair-minded judge who is faithful to the law and mindful of the trust placed in him to make difficult decisions that will have a permanent impact on the lives of those affected. Our justice system cannot function as intended unless the participants and observers have confidence in the integrity of the decisions made by the judge," Smith said. "I would be honored if given the opportunity to serve our citizens for another term."
More on eTradeWire News
- The Macomb Group Expands Into South Carolina
- Chevy Warranty Alternative Available from autopom! Agents
- Executive Management Firm 98 Ventures Adding 150 Jobs in Greenville County, South Carolina
- In Celebration of The 2019 Kennedy Center Honors, Philip Bailey Hosts Special Master Class & Event
- Sunknowledge Services Inc: Way Toward Streamlined Infusion Billing Services
The 380th Judicial District Court is a general jurisdiction state trial court. Judge Smith has presided over criminal felony, family law, and civil matters. Judge Smith had extensive trial court experience prior to joining the judiciary. Smith worked for eight years as an assistant district attorney in Kaufman and Collin counties. As a prosecutor, Smith excelled in many roles: chief felony prosecutor, chief of the misdemeanor division, second assistant district attorney, and chief of the special prosecution division. Smith supervised scores of young attorneys and tried hundreds of cases, ranging from misdemeanor shoplifting to mortgage fraud, and from simple assault to capital murder.
Judge Smith received his Juris Doctorate from the Boston University School of Law in 2002. He also studied law at Oxford University, United Kingdom. Prior to that, Smith received a Bachelor of Science degree from Boston University's College of Communication.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wins from the Road: Improving the Health and Wellness of FF&E Spend
- Cerevo Becomes Afero's First Advanced Tier Integration Partner
- Perle launches IRG5000 Industrial LTE Routers for M2M and IIoT
- How Quitters Can Rebound By Using Montessori Tools
- The Lake Club Draws Nearly 2,000 During 22nd Annual Lakewood Ranch Tour of Homes
Judge Smith has been a proud Texan since 2002. He and his wife Rebecca have been married for 17 years. They have two boys, Jackson and Lincoln, and two spoiled dogs, Shadow and Copper.
ABOUT JUDGE BEN SMITH
Ben Smith is the presiding judge of the 380th Judicial District Court in Collin County, a position he has held since August 2012. Judge Smith is seeking re-election to the bench in the November 3, 2020 general election. Judge Smith adheres to a conservative judicial philosophy, which means he believes that the rule of law must be the standard by which conflicts are resolved and justice is administered, not the rule of individual persuasions. Judge Smith received his Juris Doctorate from the Boston University School of Law in 2002. He also studied law at Oxford University, United Kingdom. Prior to that, Smith received a Bachelor of Science degree from Boston University's College of Communication. He and his wife Rebecca have lived in Collin County since 2005. They have two boys, Jackson and Lincoln. Learn more about Ben Smith at keepjudgesmith.com.
- Enjoy New Year's Eve Dinner at The Dock at Crayton Cove
- Exton Orthodontist Helping Teens and Adults Find Affordable Care
- Esse Health O'Fallon Pediatrics Welcomes New Physician
- Plans Underway for Harbor Lights Jacksonville
- - Inspire2Read Clothing Brand -
- Cloud CMA integrates Buyside to provide valuable intel on real-time buyer demand
- Unacast Expands The Real World Graph® to Include Neighborhood Activity and Travel Patterns
- Guidon Security Consulting and Centralized Vision Begin A Strategic Channel Partnership
- Cosmetic Dentistry in Reading Helping Patients Smile with Confidence
- Marquee Hire Franchise for Under 20k?
- Flipping the Script: Native Moto Adventures challenges the male dominated motorcycle world with female-led tours
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- Residence Inn by Marriott Longer-Stay Hotel to Open in New Orleans' Central Business District
- Designer of Original TMNT Action Figures is offering $115 Custom Drawings through December 2019
- How To Choose The Best Kitchen Design and Installation Company
- Managecore to Again Present at Google Cloud Day Dallas Regarding Migrating SAP to Google Cloud
- Accelerated Work Effort Creates AWE Across the World
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- Clubhouse construction underway at WCI's SouthShore Yacht Club
- Dozens tour Medley at Mirada and nearby Crystal Lagoon