Popular on eTradeWire
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 256
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 235
- 2019 Hyundai Sonata for Sale in The Heart of Toronto - 233
- Community Comes Together for Unforgettable Back-to-School Bash at The CENTER @Joshua Home - 227
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 219
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber's Nov. 14 luncheon to celebrate Leadership Fort Myers 2023 graduates - 208
- Atlanta's most famous rug store founder advocates a hands-on-approach to rug shopping - 178
- Amazing Public Art Sculpture Created From Found Objects - 154
- Instantly Boost Your Website Organic Traffic with Premium Websites - 154
- JS Fun Event Hire Supplies Custom Cash Grabber for Pringles' Movember - 152
Similar on eTradeWire
- Coexilia's Aurora Solstice Explores the Collective's Vision for a Harmonious Future
- The Power of Persuasion - Can You Persuade Powerfully?
- Grant Applications Open for 10th Annual Weston Charity Awards
- Author Racks-up Awards for Books Holding Gilgamesh Accountable for Historical Flooding in the Middle East
- Welcome Our Newest Client Periodontist: Raymond L. Wright Jr. DDS, Bing + Google Searches List 'BEST' in San Clemente & South Orange County, CA
- Brightbeam's EdPost.com Partner with Founder of Black Math Genius to Elevate Math Education
- National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals And PCMA Present A Powerful Webinar On How To Successfully Manage Acts Of Violence At Events
- Matthew Brickman Interviews Lawrence Joss of Parental Alienation Anonymous Inc. (PA-A.org)
- Rosann Santos CPC Explains Leadership Through Authenticity to Audiences Worldwide
- Let's Talk Series: Shortcuts, Stereotypes, and Preparedness in the Brain
WASHINGTON — During an otherworldly hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday, lawmakers and witnesses launched accusations that the Pentagon is stonewalling Congress and the public from information about unidentified anomalous phenomena, more often referred to as UFOs.
That includes a 2014 encounter when a "dark gray or black cube inside a clear sphere" traveled within 50 feet of two U.S. fighter jets off the coast of Virginia, according to witness testimony.
The enigma brought together both Democratic and Republican lawmakers on a GOP-led U.S. House Oversight and Accountability subcommittee in imploring high-ranking military and intelligence officials to clear the air on potential malevolent activity, clandestine military weapons development, or even the existence of extraterrestrial life.
"The lack of transparency regarding UAPs has fueled wild speculation and debate for decades eroding public trust in the very institutions that are meant to serve and protect them, as is evidenced by the large amount of people we have here," said Wisconsin GOP Rep. Glenn Grothman, chair of the Subcommittee on National Security, the Border and Foreign Affairs.
More on eTradeWire News
- What To Inspect When Buying A Used Car
- Who Has Been Distracted During Work or Athletics, from Debris falling Between the Shoe and Sock
- Exel Solar U.S. Emerges in response to Growing Solar Demand
- Revolutionizing sustainability with a plant-based gold leaching solution and technology to recover gold from ore while reducing environmental impact
- Local Microschool Wins National Recognition
"We must demand transparency from the Department of Defense, our intelligence community and our defense industry on the UAP work," Grothman said in his opening statement.
The discovery in February of a Chinese surveillance balloon hovering over Montana days after it entered U.S. airspace above Alaska heightened anxiety and attention about UAPs, traditionally referred to as unidentified flying objects. The balloon traversed the contiguous U.S. and was shot down by the U.S. military off the coast of South Carolina. China's government denied the craft's spying capabilities.
Lawmakers on the oversight panel displayed wide-ranging skepticism, raising conjecture and questions about possible involvement from defense contractors, cover-ups of crash sites and debris, and harassment and intimidation of both military and commercial pilots who report sightings.
News You Can Trust
- Erfan Nouraee, the young scientist using innovation to advocate for social change
- Captain Notepad Charts a New Course with Updated Web Page on Engineering Paper and Custom Graph Paper
- North America's Agrivoltaics Expo Set to Level Up the Solar Land Use Renaissance Next Summer in Chicago
- Blue Harbor Resort Unveils Lake Life Sheboygan Holiday Gift Guide
- Rope Access Melbourne Trusts - Abseiling Building Maintenance | Contract Solutions Australia
- eBook, Mass Casualty Incidents: How Enhanced Communication Saves Lives
- Dr. George Sepiashvili Was Just Interviewed By Randy Alvarez On The Wellness Hour TV Show!
- Managing Arthritis Symptoms as Summer Heats Up
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- Why Should I Avoid DIY Teeth Whitening?
- Resources Span Lifetime of Parenting Joys, Challenges
- Texas Center For Oral Surgery & Dental Implants Now Has Videography On Same Day Dental Implants
- PowerTribe "Up With The Sword" - New Album Unleashed January 10, 2024
- Dr. Alex Planes Has A New Website For His Planes Dental Arts Tradition Office In Port St. Lucie, FL!
- Peace Leaders Honored: Martin Luther King, Queen Lili'uokalani, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Zhou Enlai
- 16th Annual Friends and Family Sale announced by LabNaturals, retailer of CBD, non-toxic skincare, and glutathione, based in Western Pennsylvania
- Invenio IT unites with Field Effect to deliver powerful cybersecurity to the SMB
- Kaiser Consulting Awarded a #1 Spot in Central Ohio's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Unlock Healing Today and Put Trauma in Its Place!
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship