Popular on eTradeWire
- Impress from Engagis Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace - 281
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 265
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 243
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 229
- IAM and Universiti Malaya form collaborative relationship/ MOU - 178
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach - 153
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast - 127
- The New Way of Selling Your House! - 122
- Lorien Health Services Sweep the 2023 Daily Reader Rankings - 114
- Superior Seating to Showcase Top Hospitality Furniture at Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show 2023 - 111
Similar on eTradeWire
- Financial Resources Federal Credit Union Goes Live With Scienaptic's AI Platform
- Heritage Bank NA Offers Simplified Business Checking Options With FDIC Insurance Up To $100 Millio
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- October 2023 Financial Market Review
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- Titan Pressure Washing Demonstrates the Difference Between a Pressure Wash and a Soft Wash on Tile Roofs
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- StackSource Introduces Commercial Mortgage Lender Match Score
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
Interview with a Local Regarding Unemployment Inaccessibility | SouthernCalifornia.site by Joshua Autrey Serrano
"I've called the unemployment office over 250 times just this morning. I almost got through to someone, once, and then it hung up. That was after 20 minutes. Most of the time I can't even get to that point before it hangs up on me. I love this country..."
In Southern California, a local man and teacher was one of millions affected by the worldwide pandemic. The conversation sparked after recent attention in the media regarding more and more Americans being unable to communicate with a real person or obtain assistance.
More on eTradeWire News
- Riptide Strategic Group Acquires CMS-Connected Media Corp
- AKCP Extends sensorProbe+ Operating Temperature to -25°C for Industrial Applications
- Locateye Set to Revolutionize Live Streaming
- Actress Irma Cadiz heating up this Winter with recurring roles in "Raising Kanan" and "Law & Order"
- The 'Thrive Through Menopause' Program - A Natural Menopause Treatment Australia can Trust
"I also wrote them a long email and got an automated response back that didn't even attempt to address my problems," said the local, "And it took 6 days to get the response."
When asked about other attempts to contact the unemployment office, he said, "Oh, and I wrote a formal letter and mailed it to their office. No response to that."
"I have not given up hope yet. I keep thinking someone, somewhere, in a dusty old office in Sacramento, will see my number pop up on their phone and answer and fix my problems. I'm starting to think I have a better chance of winning the lottery though."
Now, in order to meet the demands of living, he has turned to his musical talents. For those sympathizing, you can find a sample of his music and show your support online:
- Impress from Engagis Now Available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- ASA to Discuss Valuations for Financial Reporting from an IFRS Perspective in Upcoming Webinar
- ACC STL Receives 2023 Outstanding Achievement Award for "Innovative Programming Effort"
- Barker, Pasha and Vokac receive prestigious 54th annual USS Admiral of the Ocean Sea Awards
- Meet Your Fitness Goals by Installing a Home Gym
- Attorney Tami Wolfe Certified as Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Winn Claybaugh's New Podcast Features Lorenzo Lewis: From Prison Birth to Mental-Health Advocate
- DCMS Network: Your Guard Against Time and Revenue Loss in Construction Projects
- Snowbird Technologies to Exhibit at the 2024 Military Additive Manufacturing Summit
- Maximize Your Online Reach: MRB Marketing's SEO Services Now in Raleigh, NC
- Mashman Investments Launches New Website to Showcase Investment Focuses
- Blue Monday and the holidays offer opportunities for parents and children to discuss financial literacy
- Mashman Properties Launches Its New Website
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Trimcraft Of Ft. Myers, Inc
- Despite Testimony, Colleges Do Punish Speech - See GWU
- Aquareyn Acquires Assets of Thar Process, Inc
- ResmarkWeb's Expertly-Crafted Website Packages Deliver Outstanding Results
- Isaac Mashman Reveals He's Planning A Non-Profit Initiative, Mashman Global
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine