Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 269
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 249
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 194
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 171
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 166
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 160
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 154
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 152
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 139
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 125
Similar on eTradeWire
- NABCRMP Announces Founding Board Members
- 10th Annual St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Winners Announced
- Maccabi USA Men's Basketball Announces New Head Coach For 21st Maccabiah
- SEM Link Kicks Off Its 15th Fiscal Year Virtually
- Digital Literacy and the Future of Work Goodwill offers free certificate training
- Goodwill Pine Ridge Store Reopens with a newly remodeled and expanded layout
- Humbl Hustlr Foundation's 2020 Hustl•Print Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition deemed a success
- Hip Hop Trio Cuzzinz Applies Pressure with the 2 Pressure Challenge - Back To School Laptop Giveaway
- Nothing New in Guidelines from Canada
- Unicorn Children's Foundation 7 Day Heads or Tails Challenge raises funds for virtual programs
International Jewish non-profit launches historic initiative to strengthen the plant-based movement in the DC Jewish community.
Washington, DC, Oct 4, 2019: Jewish Veg is excited to announce the official launch of the Jewish Veg chapter in our nation's capital. Our official launch event (https://www.jewishveg.org/dc-launch) will take place on Wednesday, October 16 at 6 PM at the Edlavitch DC JCC, and will celebrate the harvest festival of Sukkot.
As part of the launch, we will unveil a historic Jewish Vegan Holiday Initiative. The first of its kind, the Initiative will provide an important opportunity for the DC community to celebrate all major Jewish holidays with 100% plant-based food.
Following the tremendous growth of the vegan movement throughout the United States, more and more people are making critical connections between faith, food, compassion, health, and our environment. And more Jewish institutions are adding vegan options to the food they serve.
More on eTradeWire News
- American Cornhole League World Championship Cards Launch TOPPS NOW ACL Series
- En Banc Argument Suggests Trouble Ahead For Michael Flynn
- Titletown Manufacturing works with customers to create perfect parts
- Mindworks Hypnosis & NLP Announces Article Publication Offering Insights into Habit Change
- Author Alexa Aston Releases New Contemporary Romance - Hollywood Flirt
For almost half a century Jewish Veg has led the charge within the Jewish community to embrace plant-based diets as an expression of the Jewish values of compassion for animals, concern for our health, and care for our environment.
"Our work has made plant-based lifestyles mainstream in the Jewish community, thanks in large part to our supporters and the strong institutional partnerships we have built," said Jeffrey Spitz Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Veg.
Jewish Veg has already successfully coordinated and published a Rabbinic Statement signed by more than 100 notable rabbis from all denominations encouraging Jews to move towards a vegan diet.
"Humankind is at a crossroads: Are we going to destroy our health and our planet with our meat-centric diet, or will we transition to a sustainable plant-based food system, one that is in keeping with our Jewish values," said Michael Gribov, Director of Member Engagement and Development at Jewish Veg.
As part of the Initiative, Jewish Veg will partner with local congregations, Jewish schools, and other institutions to provide educational programming and plant-based celebrations throughout the Greater DC and Baltimore area.
- Drug Education Tools to Get Ready for Back to School
- Branded Strategic Hospitality Makes Investment In LuckyDiem
- Allentown UI/UX Design Team Offers Higher Ed Crowdfunding Services
- Tampa Bay Rays Manager Kevin Cash Endorses Crown Automotive Group
- Madison Tops 2020 HRO Today's Baker's Dozen List for Recognition for 2nd Consecutive Year
- InfinityQS' Global Client Survey Shows Positive Upturn in Manufacturing in the Wake of COVID-19
- Annual MSP 501 Identifies Best-in-Class Global MSP Businesses & Leading Trends in Managed Services
- SEEAG And Growers Take Farm Day Virtual With Series of Agricultural-Focused Features
- Disconnecting to Reconnect with Family
- Dr. Bruce Senior Optometry Practice Joins Quigley Eye Specialists
- America's #1 Frozen Indian Food Brand Now Ships Direct-to-Consumer Amid COVID-19
- iLiveYouToo Partners are Helping Improve Live Audio Video Streaming Experiences for Artists & Venues
- Robinson's new portable fuel trailer is a hit at the lake
- 143VINYL Adds Large Faux Leather Tassels To Their Product Line
- Find Your ID NYC Presents: Five Days Until the #BlackoutFundraiser
- How Commercial Office Cleaning Can Make Your Workplace More Productive
- AdvisorSmith Discovers the Best Cities in the U.S. for Dentists
- Printers rely on MECA for print sleeves that enhance performance
- Urgent Care Franchise Leader American Family Care Partners with Botco.ai Amidst COVID-19
- Tips for going back to school during the COVID-19 pandemic