Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Esteemed Literary Anthology Series Features the Joys of Travel
- All the Way Up podcast uses storytelling and meditation to uplift the African American community
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
Similar on eTradeWire
- Put some G.L.I.T.Z. in Hospitalized Children's Holidays
- Cultural Vistas Welcomes New Vice President of Digital Strategy and Technology
- NABCA Releases Control States Nine-Liter Spirits Sales Results for October 2019
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Honors Colin Wanless at 2019 Luncheon
- Local Businesses and Young Professionals Network to Benefit Northeast Florida Nonprofit
- SOS International Meditation Center in Lisle Featured on Cover of "Metal Architecture"
- Children's Choir to Sing In Memory of Martin Luther King, Jr
- Charity for Change's fundraiser raises $177,425 for important children's programs
- North Florida Land Trust Adds Three New Members to its Board of Directors
- Thought For Food and Food Lab Accelerator at Google (FLAG) Launch the Inaugural Circular Economy of Food Challenge
International Jewish non-profit launches historic initiative to strengthen the plant-based movement in the DC Jewish community.
Washington, DC, Oct 4, 2019: Jewish Veg is excited to announce the official launch of the Jewish Veg chapter in our nation's capital. Our official launch event (https://www.jewishveg.org/dc-launch) will take place on Wednesday, October 16 at 6 PM at the Edlavitch DC JCC, and will celebrate the harvest festival of Sukkot.
As part of the launch, we will unveil a historic Jewish Vegan Holiday Initiative. The first of its kind, the Initiative will provide an important opportunity for the DC community to celebrate all major Jewish holidays with 100% plant-based food.
Following the tremendous growth of the vegan movement throughout the United States, more and more people are making critical connections between faith, food, compassion, health, and our environment. And more Jewish institutions are adding vegan options to the food they serve.
More on eTradeWire News
- Recruiter creates Accountant Fee Directory
- Freight Forwarding in the upcoming decade
- France Removals website renewal declared
- Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc. Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The Kimberley Process
- Waster paper baler and other similar baler's benefits and availability
For almost half a century Jewish Veg has led the charge within the Jewish community to embrace plant-based diets as an expression of the Jewish values of compassion for animals, concern for our health, and care for our environment.
"Our work has made plant-based lifestyles mainstream in the Jewish community, thanks in large part to our supporters and the strong institutional partnerships we have built," said Jeffrey Spitz Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Veg.
Jewish Veg has already successfully coordinated and published a Rabbinic Statement signed by more than 100 notable rabbis from all denominations encouraging Jews to move towards a vegan diet.
"Humankind is at a crossroads: Are we going to destroy our health and our planet with our meat-centric diet, or will we transition to a sustainable plant-based food system, one that is in keeping with our Jewish values," said Michael Gribov, Director of Member Engagement and Development at Jewish Veg.
As part of the Initiative, Jewish Veg will partner with local congregations, Jewish schools, and other institutions to provide educational programming and plant-based celebrations throughout the Greater DC and Baltimore area.
- Man Van London website refurbishment
- Art talk by South Dakota Landscape Artist Jessie Rasche at JFAC Gallery on December 10th
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- The World's First Vegan Game Series | PlantBasedMunchies.com
- The New Kid on The Block Shows You How To Make Money
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Lake Forest Nursing Center After Alleged Choking Incident
- Sip, Shop and Stroll First Time Event In Woodstock, Georgia
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Manor Care of Fountain Valley for Alleged Abuse
- Cat DNA Test by Basepaws Makes for the 'Purr-fect' Holiday Gift!
- Claim For Damages Filed Against City of Santa Barbara by High Sierra Grill
- AJUSD Students Help Break Guinness World Record in Sport Stacking
- Leading online broadcast network engages BuzzFrame
- Best Hunt Shop: Premium Hunting Products for All Skill Levels
- Clarity Nutraceuticals Partners With Well Now Supplements To Offer Locally Made, All-natural Wellnes
- Silva Construction Added 5 Tips to the Home Remodeling Series
- Superior Solar Supplies: Premium Solar Products for Every Home
- Selecting the Best Upgrades for Your Custom Home
- Ruby Ranks #2 Among Oregon's Most Admired Technology Companies
- A Honda Accord You Need to See!