Popular on eTradeWire
- Award winner actor speaks about living with type 1 diabetes for almost 60 years - 324
- The Lashe® Customer Appreciation Month - 262
- 2nd Annual Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered By AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers This Thanksgiving Season - 183
- Aries Industries Celebrates Three Years of Successes Following Culture & Leadership Changeover - 177
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 167
- WFEAGL has released a ton of new Samsung bands for Christmas - 163
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 159
- Meet Texan Author Patty Scott at Book Signing - 151
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 129
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 128
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Power of Gratitude Everyday Not Just Thanksgiving
- How to Help Canadian Flood Victims As They Brace For Another Storm - 4 Confirmed Dead To Date
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Charity Event
- A New Podcast Featuring a Rabbi and a Parenting Expert Touches on Family in a Modern World
- Give The Gift Of Financial Literacy To Children For The Holidays
- Solvefory.org announces investigation into Tarrant County employee misconduct allegations
- November is Now Pregnancy Month!
- Edison Mall Welcomes Holiday Season with Full Sleigh of Winter Activities
- Worksite Labs' Free COVID-19 Testing Site/LA Church to Serve Thanksgiving Dinner on Nov. 20
- Trolls LIVE! Tour Coming to Baltimore
In Memoriam: Honoring Mrs. Verlie Mae Pickens
By Anh Lê
Mrs. Verlie Mae Pickens, a long-time resident of San Francisco, California, passed away on Wednesday afternoon, September 22, 2021, surrounded with the love and care of her granddaughter, Ms. Charisse Anderson, in Los Angeles.
Mrs. Pickens was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana on June 11, 1916, the daughter of Mr. Thomas Alfred Nisby and Mrs. Lillian Lumpkin Nisby.
She celebrated her 105th Birthday with her family at Disneyland this year.
Mrs. Pickens was raised in Lake Charles, and moved to San Francisco in 1940.
Mrs. Pickens was married to the late Mr. Samuel Van Buren Pickens in 1947, and she and Mr. Pickens were happily married for 40 years until his passing in 1987.
Her first husband was Mr. Joseph Henry Anderson, whom she married in 1937. She and Mr. Anderson were blessed with their child, the late Mr. Joseph Henry Anderson II, who passed away several years ago.
More on eTradeWire News
- Holiday Inn® Sydney Airport launches dog friendly stays and partnership with Dogtainers
- Rocburn Ltd- your cost effective ventilation solution
- Expert Sports Handicapper, Wunderdog, Launches Sports Betting Advice Video Series
- Failure – an important part of your journey
- Digital Inks Market Insights, Leading Players and Future Scope
Mrs. Verlie Mae Pickens' most immediate family includes her son, the late Joseph Henry Anderson II; her granddaughters, Ms. Charisse Anderson and Ms. Lesa Campbell; her grandson, Mr. Joseph Anderson; her great grandson, Mr. Jeremy Anderson; and her daughter-in-law, Ms. Euna Anderson.
Mrs. Pickens has 7 siblings: Ms. Vera Nisby Miyasaki of Antioch, California; and the late Charles Nisby, Addie Hall, Wiley Nisby, Lillian Nisby, Mercedes Joubert, and Ina Tommie Dewitt.
My son, Minh Jeffrey Anh Lê, and I are so deeply thankful that Mrs. Verlie Mae Pickens was and will always be regarded as our Dearest Family Friend.
Mrs. Pickens and I enjoyed so many good and memorable conversations together.
Born and raised in Lake Charles, Mrs. Pickens grew up in the Deep South.
She shared with me how her parents so lovingly raised her and her siblings, and taught her values that she lived by throughout her life.
More on eTradeWire News
- Crypto Artist Pierre Gervois represented by Fort Gallery NFT at Art Basel Miami Beach
- How a traveller get Virgin America booking with all safety standards in COVID-19
- Paige Rice Water Helps Deal with Tough Hair Problems
- Is Building A Granny Flat Worthwhile?
- 2021 NSW MBA Award Night Was A Monumental Success!
For Complete Article Click Here:
Related Article: https://sfbayview.com/2020/08/we-honor-you-ms-verlie-mae-pickens/.
Photo From August 30, 2020 SF BayView Article:
Verlie Mae Pickens is honored on Mother's Day 2019 at her church, Jones Memorial United Methodist, by the Curtis Family C-Notes – Maestro Curtis, his wife Nola, their children – and Anh Lê. – Photo: Anh Lê
- American Survivalist Partners with My Patriot Supply
- What Every Female Must- Have To Prepare For Her Next Virtual Meeting
- Councilwoman Death Blamed on Unknown Diabetes & Heart Disease After Shot Linked by Am Heart Assoc
- V 10 Plus USA Inc. Announces Color Therapy Strategy
- Last Chance to Win a Custom 1961 Corvette Convertible and a 2021 Corvette Stingray!
- Winergy Wireless Charger review, the best wireless charger to buy now
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
- BDE Entertainment announces LUDLOW
- Be part of the Ugly Sweater Art Exhibit at JINGLE
- Free Community Christmas Concert in Suwanee Helps Light The World on Dec. 11 and 12
- Lipoxplus lose Bucket Loads Of Fat * WITHOUT EXERCISE!
- New 'A Hot Set' Brand Page and Media Kit Launched
- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Robert Taylor
- The Matrix Resurrections: Are You Looking for the Truth?
- Breaking The Chains Foundation x Jillian Rose Reed How To Love Yourselfie Holiday Stocking Stuffers
- LearningRx Shares 4 Gift Ideas for National Buy Nothing Day
- Used Burgundy 2018 Volkswagen Atlas for Sale!
- Age When Long-Term Care Insurance Claims Begin Reported By AALTCI
- Omicron Variant Currently known as B.1.1.529
- Precautions To Take When Gardening to Prevent Skin Problems