Popular on eTradeWire
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 1792
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 1715
- Viva Tequila Festival Mexico Experience Tour Honored at Taste Awards in the Outstanding Culinary & Travel Experience Category - 1384
- How do I get Access to My Jetblue Travel Savings Account - 1277
- Australians Desperate To Get Back To The Great Outdoors - 1188
- Travel Job Vacancies Double In March - 1029
- State of Yucatán Continues to Position Itself as a Leading Destination for Meetings, Conventions, Inc - 1018
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing - 958
- Forces Car Hire adds Cruise Deals and Worldwide Holidays to its One Stop Travel Portfolio - 765
- "Exploring Our National Parks, Volume 1" by Michael Finney Released on Audible and Amazon - 618
Similar on eTradeWire
- Ya se viene Agile World en Español!
- Addgene Announces Departure of Executive Director
- Celebrating Nat'l Farmworker Women's Health Week
- Humanity's Biggest Killer - Why is nobody talking about it. Learn how to save yourself from its deadly clutch
- PulteGroup Breaks Ground on First Triad-Area Community
- Paragon Events to Promote Change with Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact
- When Hiring a Tree Service Keep These 4 Things in Mind
- You Are The Brand: Sustainability From The Inside Out
- Group for LGBTQ+ Adults with Developmental Disabilities to Hold Virtual Meeting on May 18, 7pm. New Members Welcome
- FreePinellas.Info To Track Pinellas County, Florida 2022 and 2024 Election Candidates
In Celebration of Earth Day, The Black Doll Affair Introduces its Paper Doll Line and Announces a Partnership with a Mermaid!
In support of educating its members about the topic of plastic pollution and its direct impact on BIPOC (black, Indigeounous, people of color) communities, TBDA is bringing its own line of fashion paper dolls into the marketplace and announcing a new partnership with ocean activist Danni Washington. A self-described 'Mocha Mermaid' and 'Citizen Scientist,' Washington is host of a new podcast, 'The Genius Generation.' She is also the first-ever African American woman to host her own science television series and the co-Founder of Big Blue and You - a non-profit created to empower the next generation to take action for ocean conservation through arts & media. Mama Doll, Founder of TBDA, is pleased to announce that Danni accepted her invitation to become an Honorary Black Doll and the 2021 Face of TBDA Doll Giveaway Sleigh, celebrating TBDA's 15th year of giving dolls to girls. Leading up to the giveaways on Saturday, December 4, 2021 (also Wildlife Conservation Day) via social media, Danni will educate and engage members, fans and the Black doll community at large.
More on eTradeWire News
- Haddonfield Living Magazine Features Owners of Boutique Real Estate Agency in May 2021 Edition
- Commercial Industrial Association of South Florida (CIASF) announces officers, board members
- Austin Office Market Report | Q1 2021 | Colliers
- Auction Life's May 18-19 auction features antiques, oddities, artifacts, decor, perfumes, factice
- Exeter Orthodontics in Harrisburg Accepting New Patients
That's one small step for The Black Dolls, one giant leap for Black doll-kind.
"The Black Doll Affair is a social club whose members enjoy a philanthropic lifestyle that received President Obama's Service Award and was given Congressional recognition by the late John Lewis. My daily job is to keep challenging my members to the highest standard of their legacy. My job during our annual doll delivery season is to create philanthropic messaging that raises the bar and enhances my members' tradition of changing the world for Black women and girls. Having learned that racism is connected to pollution in BIPOC communities by corporations who place toxic waste factories and dumps in poverty-stricken neighborhoods, thereby CHOOSING for poor and minority people to breathe in toxic fumes and drink contaminated water (for example: Flint, Michigan's Water Crisis and The Dakota Pipeline Access,) I knew that our 2021 doll deliveries would lead us on an adventure as we replace plastic with paper and that our Christmas conversation would focus on Black Dolls for GREEN environments," said Mama Doll.
The intention of this year's 'paper doll' messaging is to bring awareness to racially discriminative plastic waste management, global climate change and The Black Dolls' collective initiative to reduce their carbon footprint on the environment. In that direction, this Christmas season, The Black Dolls will gift girls with its new line of fashionable paper dolls. The paper dolls will be used to educate girls about environmental injustices, as well as engage them in sustainability activities and storytelling. Hopefully, discovering girl geniuses and inspiring both adult and youth activists to spark solutions that envision a better tomorrow at home, abroad and in the world's oceans.
More on eTradeWire News
- Art And Soul Restaurant Debuts Following Design And Culinary Evolution
- Maximize the Functionality of your Kitchen
- Traffic to Medicare Supplement Insurance Association's Online Directory Grows
- Helping Students find Inner Strength for Outer Stability
- Matcha Design at 2021 Communicators Awards. Oklahoma Marketing Agency competes with industry giants
"Dolls are more than toys, they reflect who we are. As Mother Nature cries out for humanity's help in curbing plastic pollution and the fossil fuels used to produce plastic dolls and doll clothes, (synthetic fibers such as acrylic, nylon and polyester are plastic), asking the Doll in the mirror to consider paper dolls and paper doll clothing to reflect responsibility toward the environment is an idea whose time is now. As I looked at my own carbon footprint, I also had to consider the network that follows my lead...my carbon footprint has long legs. So this Christmas, I'm giving Mother Earth a season off. For almost two decades, we've been serious about empowered doll play, now it's time we get serious about sustainable doll play. What does that mean for my social club moving forward? It means more earth-friendly events & experiences; conscientious conversations, programming & partnerships; and play rooted in honoring the most important dollhouse humans have - planet Earth. Will we get it right all the time? No. But we will focus on doing better, now that we know better," said Mama Doll.
"I am excited to help The Black Doll Affair swim into more sustainable territory and honored to teach my new Black Doll family all they're willing to learn about plastic pollution and how they can help empower BIPOC communities and continue to clean the ocean. My biggest dream is to encourage every child to understand their innate connection to the sea. Also, provide more access for our children to learn how to swim, surf or scuba dive. These skills will allow them to fully immerse themselves in the wonders of the ocean," said Washington.
For sale and donation for the first time in the marketplace, The Black Doll Affair Recyclable Paper Doll line will be ready for the 2021 Christmas season. Evolving into product extensions to include digital dolls, promotional gear, activity books, party supplies and paper dolls featuring TBDA Porcelain Pals and Black Doll Brotha.
Join the conversation @Blackdollaffair #beadollgiveadoll
A Better Concept PR
- Industrial Steam has completed the install of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- NHE Property Management Named One of the Top Large Workplaces in South Carolina
- Five Business Intelligence Tools to Save Your Bottom Line
- CPG e-Commerce Without Business Intelligence
- Tampa office park in the I-75 Corridor sells for $11.39 million
- Good, Better, Best: Evaluating e-Commerce Analytics Tools
- Ormond Outpost/Level 10 Motorsports Relocates
- New from Down & Out Books: ROUGHHOUSE by Jeffery Hess
- 2015 BMW 3 Series For Sale in Toronto
- Alliance Technologies LLC. Names John Unger Vice-President of Data Services
- All You Need to Know About Heated Floors
- GREAT DEAL on a GTA Used Nissan Rogue at Good Fellows
- HD PHYSICAL THERAPY Wakefield Celebrates 9 Year Milestone
- Vermont Author Eva Robinson Releases New Psychological Thriller – Influenced
- Registration Now Available for Open Apereo 2021!
- When people want the apartments to live in then these are things that are essential
- Addgene Announces Departure of Executive Director
- ShearShare Cofounder Inducted Into Texas Military Institute Hall of Fame
- Trending Jewelry Gifts for Mother's Day 2021
- Community First Awards $7,500 in Scholarships to USLA Champions Merit Scholarships