Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 529
- The Kawagoe Tobu Hotel Celebrates its 6-Month Anniversary on December 29, 2020 - 524
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 439
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 242
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 213
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 192
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 162
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 128
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 124
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 122
Similar on eTradeWire
- Learn How to Develop Product Specifications for Geographical Indication Products
- SEEAG Launches Child Wellness Initiative in Santa Barbara County
- Signs Your Tree May Be Infested with Borers
- Green Health Eugene and COVID Information
- A.M. Logging Purchases Mulch Division of Kuhns Bros. Lumber
- Emrgy Inc. Awarded $3.6 Million from ARPA-E for Transformational Energy Technology
- Two venues with Mondo tracks named "Facility of the Year" by ASBA
- 3 Signs That Indicate A Tree Might Fall
- Black Woman Owned Hemp Farm Founder Launches CBD Business Kit For the Individual Who Wants to Find Space in the CBD Marketplace
- A+ Tree & Landscaping: North Carolina Family-Run Business Boasts Over 30 Years of Experience
Cold Water Disease (CWD) is one of the major diseases affecting trout and salmon farming. According to the USDA1, CWD can kill up to a third of infected hatchery stock and causes significant economic impact to the $13.7-billion salmonid aquaculture industry. There is no commercial vaccine for CWD and fish veterinarians have a limited repertoire of microbials to manage disease outbreaks.
Oreka Solutions, a Canadian feed additive company, has pioneered the development of anti-microbially optimized supplements derived from black soldier flies for use in animal feed. Its products help improve gut health, leading to improved growth and feed conversion rates.
In the short-term study, fish fed a diet containing Oreka's Immaris product exhibited improved levels of resistance to CWD and mortality reduction. The research was led by Dr Vikas Kumar, at the Fish Nutrition and Nutrigenomics laboratory at the University of Idaho.
More on eTradeWire News
- A Pitch Above for Black Businesses
- TVS Hollywood History Network.Com Adds Military, NASA Programming to WatchYour.TV, Powered by Tulix
- Rock Guitar Virtuoso Reveals Secrets To Infinite Sustain
- e Méridien Dania Beach Reopens Popular La Biblioteca de Tequila
- Working From Home - The New Normal
"These findings represent an exciting development", said Dr Kumar. "Inflammatory response is a major cause of death in fish infected with Flaviobacterium psychrophilum, the cause of CWD. In the trials we saw that a small inclusion of Immaris in the diet of infected rainbow trout significantly increased the production of certain cytokines that could mean an enhanced immune response. In addition, we saw early indications of improvements in mortality reduction. Together these results are very promising and show that there are new tools that could help in the fight against CWD."
James Alden, CEO of Oreka Solutions added, "While we have validated the performance of Immaris on growth rates and feed conversion in a variety of species, this study is the first to help validate what we have suspected for a while – that it may also have real immunostimulatory properties. It has taken five years of dedicated R&D to develop Immaris and we thank the fabulous team at the University of Idaho, who have partnered with us to demonstrate its potential in helping address CWD."
More on eTradeWire News
- Westmount Realty Capital Announces Sale of 289,491-Square-Foot FedEx Building in Key Ohio Location
- Stacey Ruth Releases New Self-Help Book – Own Your Own Shift
- Coaches For Action Announces Its First Partnership And Success In Achieving Its Mission To Bring Awareness To Social Justice Issues
- Latunya Wright Is The Financial Pro You Should Know
- Retirement Planning offices of Glenn A. Neasham opening offices in Orlando Florida
Oreka is currently expanding its production to serve larger sections of the North American aquaculture and livestock industries while developing partnerships with feed and animal health companies to bring the benefits of Immaris to as many farmers as possible.
Oreka Solutions combines high-nutrient diets, specialized breeding, growing, and processing techniques to deliver a series of feed ingredients, including "Immaris" to improve animal growth rates, feed conversion and reduce mortality.
- 5 Signs Your Commercial Building Needs A Remodel
- Play Big Zone is an indoor play space and Arcades in Marlboro NJ
- New video aims to unmask domestic abuse as violence against women skyrockets during the pandemic
- ICI Homes, David Weekley Homes and Skinner Family Celebrate Seven Pines Groundbreaking
- Police Officers Association of Connecticut Elects Statewide Officers & Board Leadership
- Activated Health & Wellness Expanding Services in Gilbert, Arizona
- CEO of Industrial Giant ABB in Brazil Joins CEO Coaching International
- President:-Elect Joe Biden & Vice President:-Kamala Harris to be honored at virtual concert
- BREXIT starts with a new UK Fintech launch
- Codeless Platforms Releases SAP Business One Tool Pack v3.12
- Registration Opens for SMi's 5th Annual Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Conference
- Registration Opens for SMi's 21st Annual Pain Therapeutics Virtual Conference
- UK Car Discount Speeds Towards 600 TrustPilot Reviews with Excellent Overall Rating
- Partnership enables Nigerian farming communities to take stake in international trading structures
- The Hottest Virtual Concert Ever: The 2021 Inaugural Gospel Celebration of Pres:- Elect Joe Biden & VP:- Elect Kamala Harris
- Epigen (Human, Recombinant, Highly Pure)
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (Human)
- Pres:- Elect Joe Biden and Vice Pres:- Elect Kamala Harris to be honored and the public is invited!
- Award-winning author Kelly Duff launches Rogue Affair & first full-length novel
- Blac Chyna Bullies Blind Man From Her Hometown