Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 186
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- New E-Consulting Platform aims to accelerate the Passive House standard in Canada and the US
- CENTRIA Formawall® and Integrated Formavue Windows Enhance Salish Cancer Center Exterior
- Innovative Sign Maker Pushes ADA Signage Industry to Be More Eco-Friendly
- Leana Clifton's "1-in-8" opens At The Veldt Gallery In Marfa Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness
- MHP Structural Engineers Wins 2019 EiSE Award
- Protective Coating for UV, Moisture, Acid Rain, Salt Spray and Extreme Weather Cycling
- Forecasting the future of the office
- Building One at Tech Center Research Park Opens in Virginia
- Is your general contractor capable of progressive construction?
- Fishman & Associates Designs Equipment for Renovated Pool Bar and Outdoor Kitchen at the Sarasota Yacht Club
Illinois Institute Of Technology Appoints Reed Kroloff, Founding Principal Of Jones|kroloff, To Lead
"The university community is thrilled to welcome Reed and the unique voice and vision he will bring to Illinois Tech's historic leadership in architecture," said Peter Kilpatrick, Illinois Tech's provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. "With more than 30 years of professional experience as an educator, critic, design practitioner, and consultant, he is the right person to guide our College of Architecture to a new level of eminence nationally and internationally."
Currently, Kroloff is principal of jones|kroloff, an influential design-strategies firm. Previously, he served as director of the renowned Cranbrook Academy of Art and Art Museum in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, dean of the Tulane University School of Architecture in New Orleans during and after Hurricane Katrina, and editor-in-chief of Architecturemagazine when it was the nation's leading design publication.
"As an unapologetic modernist, I'm excited to be part of an institution that has been—and remains—so central to the history and practice of architecture," said Kroloff. "There is no more significant laboratory for modern architecture than this school and its campus, nor a more auspicious moment to join Chicago's only design- and tech-focused university than during the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus."
More on eTradeWire News
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
Kroloff's writing has been featured in a wide selection of books, magazines, journals, and catalogs, and he is a sought-after lecturer, moderator, panelist, and reviewer. He has appeared in broadcast series such as 10 That Changed Americaon PBS as well as Architecture Schooland Big Ideas for a Small Planet, both on the Sundance Channel. Regarded as an influential forecaster of emerging design talent, Kroloff has spoken at TED and the Aspen Design Conference. His work has been included at the Venice Biennale of Architecture, and he received the Katherine Edwards Gordon Rome Prize from the American Academy in Rome.
At his current firm, Kroloff has worked with clients on some of the most significant architectural and design projects of the last 25 years, including, among many others, the Jose Vasconcelos National Library of Mexico, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, the Logan Center at the University of Chicago, and the High Line in New York City. The aggregate value of projects on which jones|kroloff has consulted now exceeds $1 billion.
Kroloff holds a bachelor of arts from Yale University and a Master of Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin.
For more information about Illinois Tech's College of Architecture, please visit arch.iit.edu (http://www.arch.iit.edu/).
# # #
More on eTradeWire News
- The Survival Sign Publishes New Facebook Business Page
- Ben Byron Davis of Red Dead Redemption II joins The Grindhouse Radio
- Jared Goff to Donate $1,000 per Touchdown to Support California Strong
- Steeves and Associates Invited to Attend Microsoft Identity-Driven Security Airlift Event
- Children's Services Foundation of SWFL makes first grants to help fill service gaps
ABOUT ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Illinois Institute of Technology, also known as Illinois Tech, is a private, technology-focused research university. Illinois Tech is the only university of its kind in Chicago, and its Chicago location offers students access to the world-class resources of a great global metropolis. It offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, applied technology, and law. One of 21 institutions that comprise the Association of Independent Technological Universities, Illinois Tech provides an exceptional education centered on active learning, and its graduates lead the state and much of the nation in economic prosperity. Illinois Tech uniquely prepares students to succeed in professions that require technological sophistication, an innovative mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Visit iit.edu (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=2367940-1&h=3345175006&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iit.edu%2F&a=www.iit.edu).
Howard J. Lee
Howard J. Lee
- We The Creative develops three 2018 Year In Review reports for City of Long Beach
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- Aron Blue Tells the Truth About Mermaids
- Cat Tree Plus: Charming Cat Trees and Other Supplies
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Havana, Cuba and improve the lives of the Cuban people
- Odd-On Industries Brings Much Needed Fun to the Smart Speaker Market
- Greasezilla Selected to be the FOG Separation Technology for Danbury Wastewater Treatment Center
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Eliminate The Unnecessary So That The Necessary May Scat
- WWI Paris Comes To Life In The Little Palace
- Billerica-based Tint King Provides Info Regarding Hiring Commercial Window Tinting Companies
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards
- Detroit Non-Profits Partner with Local Agency to Support Small Business Growth
- About iRemodel Home Renovations
- Berea BioVentures Announces Collaboration with CMPlus, Inc. To Match Life Science Companies
- Madisonville, KY Pennyrile Technologies Provides an All-in-One Managed IT Solutions
- Texas A&M University and VetNOW Create First Veterinary Telemedicine Program
- Sacred Heart School to hold annual Golf Tournament
- iRemodel Home Renovations and Improvement
- Anytime Fitness College Parkway Raises $6K with 9/11 Push-Up Challenge Benefit