Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 800
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 547
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 112
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Metalwërks® Presents High-Definition Sculpted™ 3D Video and Interactive Renderings
- World's tallest spider platform for St Pancras station maintenance!
- General Time Development welcomes Wayfair to Athens, Georgia
- Ground-up construction services in Kansas City
- A Second-Generation Construction Cost Estimation Firm celebrates its 40th Anniversary with an Updated Website
- The reception area advantage that's right for you
- Danielian Associates Earns Grand Award for ICON Palm Springs Project and Client Far West Industries
- Northern States Metals to Attend AIA Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Balance and Beauty Achieved with CENTRIA Products at Upscale Westin Hotel
Illinois Institute Of Technology Appoints Reed Kroloff, Founding Principal Of Jones|kroloff, To Lead
"The university community is thrilled to welcome Reed and the unique voice and vision he will bring to Illinois Tech's historic leadership in architecture," said Peter Kilpatrick, Illinois Tech's provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. "With more than 30 years of professional experience as an educator, critic, design practitioner, and consultant, he is the right person to guide our College of Architecture to a new level of eminence nationally and internationally."
Currently, Kroloff is principal of jones|kroloff, an influential design-strategies firm. Previously, he served as director of the renowned Cranbrook Academy of Art and Art Museum in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, dean of the Tulane University School of Architecture in New Orleans during and after Hurricane Katrina, and editor-in-chief of Architecturemagazine when it was the nation's leading design publication.
"As an unapologetic modernist, I'm excited to be part of an institution that has been—and remains—so central to the history and practice of architecture," said Kroloff. "There is no more significant laboratory for modern architecture than this school and its campus, nor a more auspicious moment to join Chicago's only design- and tech-focused university than during the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus."
More on eTradeWire News
- Doggy Delight Beds: Premium Dog Supplies and Accessories for Happy Pups!
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
Kroloff's writing has been featured in a wide selection of books, magazines, journals, and catalogs, and he is a sought-after lecturer, moderator, panelist, and reviewer. He has appeared in broadcast series such as 10 That Changed Americaon PBS as well as Architecture Schooland Big Ideas for a Small Planet, both on the Sundance Channel. Regarded as an influential forecaster of emerging design talent, Kroloff has spoken at TED and the Aspen Design Conference. His work has been included at the Venice Biennale of Architecture, and he received the Katherine Edwards Gordon Rome Prize from the American Academy in Rome.
At his current firm, Kroloff has worked with clients on some of the most significant architectural and design projects of the last 25 years, including, among many others, the Jose Vasconcelos National Library of Mexico, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, the Logan Center at the University of Chicago, and the High Line in New York City. The aggregate value of projects on which jones|kroloff has consulted now exceeds $1 billion.
Kroloff holds a bachelor of arts from Yale University and a Master of Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin.
For more information about Illinois Tech's College of Architecture, please visit arch.iit.edu (http://www.arch.iit.edu/).
# # #
More on eTradeWire News
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
ABOUT ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Illinois Institute of Technology, also known as Illinois Tech, is a private, technology-focused research university. Illinois Tech is the only university of its kind in Chicago, and its Chicago location offers students access to the world-class resources of a great global metropolis. It offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, applied technology, and law. One of 21 institutions that comprise the Association of Independent Technological Universities, Illinois Tech provides an exceptional education centered on active learning, and its graduates lead the state and much of the nation in economic prosperity. Illinois Tech uniquely prepares students to succeed in professions that require technological sophistication, an innovative mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Visit iit.edu (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=2367940-1&h=3345175006&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iit.edu%2F&a=www.iit.edu).
Howard J. Lee
Howard J. Lee
- Pavese Law Firm partners recognized as Florida Trend's 2019 Legal Elite
- Trucker Huss Director Freeman Levinrad Named President of NIPA San Francisco Chapter
- Adjustable High-Speed Acquisition for Test and Simulation
- bisco Announces Authorization for Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Reggae Report Publisher Releases "Reggae Trilogy Vol. 1: 200+ 80s & 90s Artist Headshots"
- Omnichain Recognized on Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 Supply Chain Projects List
- LARC Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Raises $14,000
- Las Vegas Latino Bar Association Plans ¡Andale! 5K to Help Equalize Law School Admissions
- Holli Bryant Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Evolve IP Revolutionizes DaaS Delivery with High Security, Flexibility and User Experience
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on Hawkeye Gold and Diamond, Inc. (V:HAWK)
- Rosario Central USA Earns Promotion to UPSL Division I Florida Central Division
- Home Renovation and Improvement
- The Dieringer Research Group Named One of Wisconsin's Fastest Growing Firms
- Cookie & Milk: A Scientifically Stunt-tastic Sisterhood
- Orange Effect Foundation Expands with Addition of New Board Members
- The Las Vegas Latino Bar Association fundraises to equalize law school
- Long Island School of Rock Students to Perform at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Tuesday
- The Buzzards of the Buttery Inn
- Who is Cyril Grayson? An Intimate Look Inside the Life of Saints New Wide Receiver