Popular on eTradeWire
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 191
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 142
- Actress Marcia Cross Hosts Virtual Town Hall with U.S. Representatives Kathy Castor (FL) and Dr. Kim Schrier (WA) on the "PREVENT HPV Cancers Act" - 139
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 138
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 123
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World - 117
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Oklahoma The Newest Meet Now App has Arrived "Sooner" than Expected!
- Antoine Dunn's LOSE IT ALL premiers on BET SOUL as Song Breaks BILLBOARD R&B Top 40 Charts
Similar on eTradeWire
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- U.S. Counting on Georgia to Criminally Prosecute Trump - Chairman
- DOT drug screen ensures federal compliance for your drivers
- The Bar Association of D.C. Mourns the Loss of former U.S. Secretary of State, Hon. Colin Powell
- Black Mountain Town Hall Meeting with David Hurley, Candidate for Buncombe County Sheriff
- VetsTurn: Woodturning Equipment and Training Provided to US Veterans By ToolMetrix
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Calumet City Mayor/State Rep Jones Misappropriates Clerk Figgs Signature and Usurps her Authority
We applaud Apple's innovation and we do not want Illinois to lag behind other states. Under Pat Dowell's leadership, the Illinois Secretary of State's office will be an innovation leader and build on the programs put forth by Secretary Jesse White.
On August 16, 2021, Pat Dowell released an innovative policy proposal to create a digital driver's license that would be available on your phone. Dowell's policies are designed to innovate the Secretary of State's office and make things more convenient for residents.
Dowell continues to lead in proposing innovative solutions for the Secretary of State's office, like digital driver's licenses, an online personal dashboard for each Illinois resident, and doubling the supplier diversity spending at the Secretary of State's office.
Link to Dowell's 8/16/21 press release: Illinois Secretary of State Candidate Pat Dowell calls for Digital Driver's License (https://www.illinoisfordowell.com/post/illinois-secretary-of-state-candidate-pat-dowell-calls-for-digital-drivers-license)
More on eTradeWire News
- Get To Know Matt "MK" Kiatipis a little more!
- Matt Kiatipis (MK) Takes the Internet and Street Ball Basketball by Storm
- Mounts Botanical Garden Will Be Hosting 13 Events
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird's Personal Nutritionist launches the first Health NFT Project
- Hospitality Funding Arranges $60M Construction Loan for 212-Room Austin Cambria
Full text below:
For Immediate Release
Aug 16, 2021
Illinois Secretary of State Candidate Pat Dowell calls for Digital Driver's License
Pat Dowell, candidate for Democratic nominee for Illinois Secretary of State, announced another innovation for the Secretary of State's office. She proposed the creation of a digital driver's license that would be available on your phone, like a boarding pass, an idea that is becoming a reality in many states across the country. The digital license would be available to augment a hard copy license.
Dowell said, "Digital driver's licenses are more secure and more convenient. Whether at an airport security check, a traffic stop, or an age verification, a scan of a driver's license on your cell phone can quickly give accurate information and save officials and Illinoisans time and trouble. You would be able to access your digital driver's license on your phone, either through the personal dashboard I've proposed or as a standalone app."
More than a dozen states are exploring the possibility of digital driver's licenses. Dowell will make sure that Illinois is one of them. While there are risks, Illinois needs to explore them and work through them.
"Illinois cannot afford to be left behind in this digital age. If other states can do digital driver's licenses, why can't we?" said Dowell. "In a post-COVID world, we need to use as many digital tools as we can to make it easier and safer for people."
More on eTradeWire News
- Save on Tutoring Lessons On All Courses At Learnalgebralessons.com
- ICS Australia is now calling for papers for its Closing the Gap Conference series
- TVS Pet Parade Network.Com Adds The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau to Winter Schedule
- Atheists Helping the Homeless, DC, Distribution Event, Silver Spring MD
- 'Bathroom of a Bar on Bleecker' to debut in Manhattan Meeting Room
Dowell emphasized that with proper implementation, these programs can increase convenience and give residents the ability to show only personal information from the license required for a specific interaction. Initially, digital driver's licenses may be used for:
* Online authentication: from access control to identity verification
* Screening at TSA checkpoints
* Car rental: to identify the renter, ensure their driving privileges, and share the required attributes for the rental contract (name, address etc.)
* Identity validation or confirmation for hotel check-in, financial institutions, social services
* Proof of age: where the purchase of age-restricted products, like alcohol, is to be verified by the retailer selling those products
On the federal level, Congress has already passed the REAL ID Modernization Act, and the Department of Homeland Security will work with states as they begin to implement digital driver's licenses so that these also may be REAL ID compliant. As the SoS improves technology and cyber security, these REAL ID options can become a reality.
Dowell acknowledges there are issues that must be worked through. "We must make sure people's information is secure," she said. "And for those who don't have smartphones or don't want a digital license, they should still have the option to stay with the hard copy REAL ID."
- How Bulldog Mobile Billboards Uses Experiential Advertising To Promote Businesses
- Radio Host and PR Star Adrienne Mazzone
- Snell & Wilmer Welcomes Justin B. Birtcher to Phoenix Office
- New Platform Launches Making It Easy to Shop Online for Ethical Products
- Financing - Auto Loan for any credit situation, Good/Bad Credit, Newcomer and Bankruptcy
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
- LA Small Business Development Center Network & PPE Unite to Distribute PPE to Area Small Businesses
- 2015 BMW Series on Sale in GTA!
- Used 2018 Lexus NX available for Sale at Our Dealership!
- Minority Owned Business Breaking into the World of Franchising
- Bee Removal Service that doesnt kill the bees!
- Hernando County Emergency Physicians Joins Emergency Care Partners
- Costacos Collection Announces Inaugural NFT Drop with Baseball Legend Willie Mays
- Dentist, Transformational Coach and Consultant, Dr. Teresa Faye Morris, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists
- Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day helps serve hope for kids Oct. 28
- Public-private Partnership Delivers Critical Resource To Los Angeles Foster Families
- The historic antebellum Adams French mansion home in Aberdeen, Mississippi is for sale, for $750,000
- 'Women In Real Estate' Host Empowerment Networking Event at Tower City In Cleveland, Oh
- Sacrifices Hold the Beauty of Forgiveness in Rachel Homard's The Black Circle
- "American Underdog" — w/ Kurt & Brenda Warner — serves as the Centerpiece at 30th SLIFF