Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 348
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 311
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 192
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 176
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 175
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 158
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 114
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- Judge Kills ACA's Protection for Pre-Existing Conditions, But
- Georgia's InsuranceHub Makes the Holidays Happy for Local Families
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Colonial Life as a New Platinum Member
- CLARA analytics Announces Expanded Relationship with QBE Insurance
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate Over $21,000 to Local San Diego Charities
- Microsoft Teams Includes a Free Phone System! BluIP Completes the Feature-Set!
- Twin Cities Public Adjuster Offers Advice for Filing Insurance Claims
- Joe Edgeworth Honored With Prestigious Invitation
- Georgia's InsuranceHub Doubles the Size of Its Transportation Division
- 35% Dividend Paid to Members of the Retail Group of New York Workers' Compensation Safety Group #544
Making a claim will result in paying an excess and an increase in renewal premiums for the next few years. Therefore, preventing unnecessary claims is a worthwhile exercise. Read on for our list of winter proofing tips.
1) Make sure that the pipes and roof have insulation and the loft storage tank, if there is any, has insulation foam to ensure that they don't freeze.
2) Ask tenants to make sure that they are heating and maintaining the property correctly, even when they are not there. Tenants don't necessarily turn the heating on sometimes because of the cost. They do though need to ensure that it is properly heated so there are no problems with the pipes freezing.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fruita Monument High School String Quartet to Join the Pros
- Fitness Expert/Actor/Author Jasson Finney on CBS2 Teaching Children How To Lead A Healthy Lifestyle
- Garyk Lee Style TV Teaser Episodes 4 & 5 Introducing Fashiona
- Findability Sciences launches FP Reply™, a new AI service to manage high volumes of inbound emails
- Continuing his article series on legal assistants, William B. Blanchard reviews training issues
- Bk2Bk Inc. Announces PillMap, Your Daily Guide
- Godfrey Muwonge, immigration lawyer, now offers Flexible Billing Plans for New Clients
3) Make sure that the stopcock is working and that the tenants know where it is.
4) Is there a condensing boiler? If so, make sure to lag the outlet pipe to ensure that it doesn't freeze during the winter. If they are not lagged the boiler can freeze and consequently need replacing.
5) Make sure that the tenants have bled the radiators to release any trapped air. If the radiator isn't warming up due to trapped air then it won't keep the house warm.
6) Make sure that there are no loose guttering or overhanging trees or broken tiles at the property as these could cause damage during a storm.
7) Make sure that there is adequate insurance in place including having enough contents cover
8) Check the central heating is working properly. It may be time to have a service of the boiler to make sure that it is as efficient as possible.
9) Drain any outside pipes. Burst pipes can be a nightmare and often the outside pipe or water systems are overlooked.
More on eTradeWire News
- Superhero Themed Event Shares Author's Journey
- Real estate attorney William B. Blanchard publishes article series on paralegals
- Introducing the little countdown iOS App: helping travelers get to the gate on time
- 1000 Food Baskets Distributed to Families In Our Local Community
- Angela Carlson N.D Brings Spirit of Sustainability to Naturopathic Medicine
- Apple Iphone Users First To Get New Revolutionary AR App
- AltMBA Reading List - Seth Godin's AltMBA Program
10) Does the property have a working chimney? If so, make sure that it is swept on a yearly basis.
11) Ask tenants to make sure if there is any build-up of snow on the roof to keep an eye on it and notify the landlord if it builds up. It can melt quickly or freeze and consequently cause more damage
12) Make sure that the roof is in good repair. Get a roofer round to ensure that there are no leaks in the roof and there are no loose tiles to cause any damage.
13) Ask tenants to check all the outside gates to make sure that they are secure and not likely to come off in a storm.
14) If the property is empty be sure to drain down the water and keep the heating on a low temperature.
15) Make sure to complete any small works such as draughty doors and flimsy pipes before the winter.
- Updated Social Media Management Certificate Program at NC State TTS Reflects Changing Social Media and Digital Marketing Landscape
- LeakTronics Helps Australian Residents Facing Concealed Water Leakage Concession Policies
- BME Successfully Launched The 1st African-American Live TV Streaming Service In The United States
- This Brand Wants to Replace Your Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Free
- Dustin Ferguson, Award-Winning Filmmaker, Releases First CD Titled CALIFORNIA BITCHES
- Women Choose Wealth Announces Its New Program: Mind Over Money Makeover
- Anchorage Dentist Offers Extended Hours, Same Day Dental, and Emergency Appointments for All Alaskans
- "Nice" is Now the "New Normal," Declares Author
- Cavallo Names Horse Trainer Emma Massingale as Global Ambassador
- Holabird Western Americana Collections' wild eclectic auction, Dec. 5-9, featured 3,500 diverse lots
- More than Sporting Goods; Play It Again Sports Announces Maintenance Services
- ERA Triangle Real Estate Group Welcomes NC Real Estate Broker, Billy Yeargin
- After recently legalizing marijuana, Canadian MPs have their radar set on sports betting, Says PayPerHead.com
- Salmon Box setting up an online platform for wild salmon distribution nationwide
- Qualis Corporation's Strategic Programs Unit Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- Your Safety Department, Llc Announces Spirometry Testing Services
- Dubuque Senior High School String Quartet to join the pros
- Imagine Wellness Spa adds innovative beauty-enhancing technology
- Wizard World Teams With Team Happy Foundation On Comic Book Program In NOLA
- Cape Coral Community Foundation announces 2019 Power Players Professional Advisor Award winners