Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 511
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 296
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 157
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 121
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- SEO Consultancy launches in York
- ETV's SkyAI Technology is a Winner at the US-China Innovation Alliance's InnoSTARS Houston Competition
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
The Arrival of ICD-10
As healthcare is highly aligned with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR), medical coders review clinical statements and assign standard codes. The International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) is the latest system used by physicians and other healthcare providers for classifying all diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures recorded in conjunction with hospital care through proper codes assigned against those. It's the improved version of its predecessor, ICD-9.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Many Popular Rolex Bracelets
- Central Illinois manufacturer holds Open House to celebrate new expanded corporate headquarters
- Marketing + Advertising + Promotion = $ for Business Owners and CEOs
- ViewStub Presents: Mad Transit live in concert for Robert's Recovery Fundraiser
- Comprehensive Benefit Administrators' Michael McKenna speaks at Quincy Rotary
Changes that ICD-10 has Brought to Prior Authorization
ICD-10 is a medical classification listed by World Health Organization (WHO) for the differential diagnosis, reasons, causes, findings, complaints, diseases, injuries, procedures, etc. Since prior authorization is now mostly based on procedural and medicinal codes, ICD-10 has been able to zero-down on the gaps by covering more and more medical requirements. ICD-10 is a great instrument for streamlining the prior authorization process enabling more prior auth approvals. An integral part of the patient-provider-payer cycle, ICD-10's accurate level of coding has come as a boon to the providers and the industry as a whole. However, practice managers have anticipated the following implications:
• Diagnosis Code: The importance of diagnosis codes is huge in prior authorization request approvals. The implementation of ICD-10 is expected to rise that to a large extent.
• Procedure Code: Monitoring the submitted ICD-10 codes against the requested procedure codes needs to be strict for better claim denial management.
More on eTradeWire News
- Cohen Architectural Woodworking's Phillip Cohen Named to Small Business Hall of Fame
- Resort-style pool, clubhouse now underway at Seasons
- NEVA Mobile Vascular Access Company, Chosen To Compete In MassChallenge Boston 2019
- South Carolina Economic Developer Kim Williams Graduates from Leadership Greenville
- Royse Law Firm Expands Estate Planning Team
• Training: Proper training programs for the prior auth executives have to be set to get them updated with the new procedures, associated codes, and the technicalities involved.
• Additional Information: ICD-10 requires providers and/or their prior auth requestors to gather more information on the patients and the procedures, definitely much more than before.
• Medical Coders: Medical coders need self-upgrading for an improved level of submission of correct diagnosis codes.
ICD-10 migration egged by these checks and balances is definitely helping prior authorization in the long run. The only flip-side is, payers will put more pressure on the providers with repeated checks and extra documentation for any slight deviation. This can get taxing for the already over-burdened in-house staffs. Taking help of the professional prior authorization services can solve this drawback.
For more information, browse here:https://priorauthonline.com/
- FusionInvoice Version 2019-2 Released
- 10170 42nd Way N, Pinellas Park, FL 33782
- Kelseyville Mobile Home Park supports Lake County Land Trust
- Former City Council Candidate Spearheads Empowerment Men's Conference
- Infertility Through a Father's Eyes
- Bloomex supports Snow4Kids Brisbane
- Be Timeless with Dr. Sonny O, Plastic Surgeon
- 2019 Women's World Cup, a Marketing Opportunity For Hispanic Food Products
- Spring Detangling Made Easy-Save Money and Labor Hours with These Spring Detanglers
- Record prices are set at Material Culture's Straight Up: American Outside Art auction held June 10th
- National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Reveals Entire Generation Adversely Affected by Opioids
- MERGE4 Releases New Line of Youth Size Socks
- How Electric Scooters Took Over Austin
- An Enchanted Racetrack Awaits in the Novel, Stairway to Heaven
- Website Update - Linking ReduceRegens.com How to reduce REGEN's-Diesel Regeneration Cycles +/-70%
- 2019 NFPA Robotics Challenge Scholarship Winner Announced
- Tax Resolution Attorney John P. Willis Shares An Overview of Several Tax Related Topics
- Christos Sierros viewed: Generic Bosentan of Tracleer® (Actelion Pharmaceuticals) Tablet 62.5/125mg
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Coin Cell Batteries Offer the Highest mAh Capacity Available
- Xometry's CFO Named Emerging Growth CFO of the Year