Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 215
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 209
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 195
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 142
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 133
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 130
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
- "All New" Google My Business Listing Lead Generation
The Arrival of ICD-10
As healthcare is highly aligned with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR), medical coders review clinical statements and assign standard codes. The International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) is the latest system used by physicians and other healthcare providers for classifying all diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures recorded in conjunction with hospital care through proper codes assigned against those. It's the improved version of its predecessor, ICD-9.
More on eTradeWire News
- No Limit East Forever inks deal with Kwao Lezzes-Tyt as COO of their Ghanaian market
- Research Article Cites Cleanascite™ In Regulation of Hepatitis B Virus in vitro
- Indicators On Cheap Flights Best Reviews You Should Know
- Mother's Day 2019 at Polka Dot Junction
- The perfect poem for National Poetry Month...A poem about every poet's dreams of getting published
Changes that ICD-10 has Brought to Prior Authorization
ICD-10 is a medical classification listed by World Health Organization (WHO) for the differential diagnosis, reasons, causes, findings, complaints, diseases, injuries, procedures, etc. Since prior authorization is now mostly based on procedural and medicinal codes, ICD-10 has been able to zero-down on the gaps by covering more and more medical requirements. ICD-10 is a great instrument for streamlining the prior authorization process enabling more prior auth approvals. An integral part of the patient-provider-payer cycle, ICD-10's accurate level of coding has come as a boon to the providers and the industry as a whole. However, practice managers have anticipated the following implications:
• Diagnosis Code: The importance of diagnosis codes is huge in prior authorization request approvals. The implementation of ICD-10 is expected to rise that to a large extent.
• Procedure Code: Monitoring the submitted ICD-10 codes against the requested procedure codes needs to be strict for better claim denial management.
More on eTradeWire News
- Cloud Capital: Neflix Scoffs at Apple and Disney Competition and SKYY Soars to 52-Week High
- Independent No.1's Vol.9 album featuring chart topping Independent Artists out now
- America 2030 Capital Limited is Announcing Global Leadership in Securities Backed Financing
- Autohaus Polishing, an IDA Certified Car Detailing Facility, Comes to Santa Clarita, California!
- Mhde Askar on the Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Chicago
• Training: Proper training programs for the prior auth executives have to be set to get them updated with the new procedures, associated codes, and the technicalities involved.
• Additional Information: ICD-10 requires providers and/or their prior auth requestors to gather more information on the patients and the procedures, definitely much more than before.
• Medical Coders: Medical coders need self-upgrading for an improved level of submission of correct diagnosis codes.
ICD-10 migration egged by these checks and balances is definitely helping prior authorization in the long run. The only flip-side is, payers will put more pressure on the providers with repeated checks and extra documentation for any slight deviation. This can get taxing for the already over-burdened in-house staffs. Taking help of the professional prior authorization services can solve this drawback.
For more information, browse here:https://priorauthonline.com/
- Pro Chiropractic Dr. Jon Wilhelm Selected to Work with USA Bobsled Skeleton Team for 2018-19 Season
- Connecticut Junk Removal LLC- Announces New Services
- Rougarou - Utah Band Rising Stars
- Global Disruptor Creates Opportunity For Underrepresented Filmmakers At Cannes Film Festival
- 6th Annual True Beauty Women's Celebration sponsored by OGONEWYORK
- Bootlegger Guitar Spade & Ace Guitars
- TMB Publishing rebrands as PHCPPros
- New Guide Book for Entrepreneurs "Signs You Might Be An Entrepreneur" Enjoys Positive Reviews Internationally
- The Factors That Determine and Improve Business Value
- Local high school string quartet to join the pros at the Kentucky Center
- Exclusive Analysis Discovers Most Popular Mattress Brands In The US
- OneAZ Credit Union celebrates Earth Day with special Tesla financing options and Radio Flyer Tesla Model S giveaway
- LMS50 Adds Additional Online Safety Training Titles
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language