Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- TM Design Wins 2019 MarCom Award
The Arrival of ICD-10
As healthcare is highly aligned with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR), medical coders review clinical statements and assign standard codes. The International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) is the latest system used by physicians and other healthcare providers for classifying all diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures recorded in conjunction with hospital care through proper codes assigned against those. It's the improved version of its predecessor, ICD-9.
More on eTradeWire News
- Warning! This Book Can Alter Reality As You Know It As Well As Who And What You Think You Are
- Otcwagon Initiates Coverage On Ethema Health Corporation (GRST)
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- Change Your Story in the New Year
- North Carolina "We Buy Houses Cash" Company Reveals 30 Ways to Find Heavily Discounted, Off-Market Properties, Even in a Strong Market Like Today's
Changes that ICD-10 has Brought to Prior Authorization
ICD-10 is a medical classification listed by World Health Organization (WHO) for the differential diagnosis, reasons, causes, findings, complaints, diseases, injuries, procedures, etc. Since prior authorization is now mostly based on procedural and medicinal codes, ICD-10 has been able to zero-down on the gaps by covering more and more medical requirements. ICD-10 is a great instrument for streamlining the prior authorization process enabling more prior auth approvals. An integral part of the patient-provider-payer cycle, ICD-10's accurate level of coding has come as a boon to the providers and the industry as a whole. However, practice managers have anticipated the following implications:
• Diagnosis Code: The importance of diagnosis codes is huge in prior authorization request approvals. The implementation of ICD-10 is expected to rise that to a large extent.
• Procedure Code: Monitoring the submitted ICD-10 codes against the requested procedure codes needs to be strict for better claim denial management.
More on eTradeWire News
- Andrew Jones' January 11th auction will feature fine art from the collection of Gerard L. Cafesjian
- Dr Claudio Cerullo - AWARDS and CITATIONS
- More bodies. No accountability
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
• Training: Proper training programs for the prior auth executives have to be set to get them updated with the new procedures, associated codes, and the technicalities involved.
• Additional Information: ICD-10 requires providers and/or their prior auth requestors to gather more information on the patients and the procedures, definitely much more than before.
• Medical Coders: Medical coders need self-upgrading for an improved level of submission of correct diagnosis codes.
ICD-10 migration egged by these checks and balances is definitely helping prior authorization in the long run. The only flip-side is, payers will put more pressure on the providers with repeated checks and extra documentation for any slight deviation. This can get taxing for the already over-burdened in-house staffs. Taking help of the professional prior authorization services can solve this drawback.
For more information, browse here:https://priorauthonline.com/
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses
- Brandon Honda hires Elie Eid as Executive Manager
- Tiny Startup Takes on Facebook and Craigslist
- Dwight Threeperson Named Chair of Apprenticeship Committee for Newark CTE Network
- Olibrix - Celebrating Our Children With Language Enrichment, And Cultural Exploration
- Stock Of The Year: 2019 Gratomic, Inc. (TSX-V: GRAT) - Strong Buy Recommendation!
- Must Have: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Everlast® Advanced Composite Siding Receives Improved Fire Rating
- Victorious Mind Launches New Podcast "House Of Nako" Hosted By Nako
- SterlingRisk Launches Sterling A&E
- No Qualifying - Fund $10,000,000+ No Payments Due For 6-12+ Mo
- Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders 2019 Fundraiser reaches $500,000 - 4 days to go
- Blue Marble Geographics announces academic lab for processing drone or UAV images
- THE LIBERATORS Dubbed "The Bag of Bags" Has Launched
- Robby Poblete Foundation and Vallejo Police to Hold Third Solano County Gun Buyback
- Mohawk Arms' Militaria Auction #82, Dec. 28th, is packed with items from multiple wars and conflicts
- State Officials Recognize Congregation Ruach Israel in Celebration of their 40th Birthday
- Concierge Auctions' New York City Sale Kicks Off with Over 30 Bidders and 100% of Auction Lots Selling
- FRIDAY THE 13TH SPECIALS darkregions.com/fridaythe13th from Dark Regions Press Today Only!