Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 204
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 191
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 173
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 138
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- HHS Kills $250K Health Campaign; Deja Vu
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
Similar on eTradeWire
- Syxsense Announces New Vulnerability Dashboard as Demand for Securing Remote Workers Surges
- S4 Inc. awarded NOAA Mission Information Technology Services (NMITS) BPA
- Netberg Launches Custom Networking Solutions
- Dynamic Systems Announces a Low Cost SIMBA Lite for Fresh Food Processors Who Pack Fixed Weights
- Struto Selects BPA Platform for HubSpot Integration and Automation Projects
- Green Office Partner Welcomes Rick Sanchez!
- Dynatrace advances distributed tracing with fourth generation of PurePath
- GigaIO Introduces the Industry's First PCIe 4.0 Fully Managed Accelerator Pooling Appliance for the Composable Data Center at #SC20
- Transact Campus Inc. creates 110 new roles in Limerick
- SEO Agency of the Year revealed by Industry Experts
IBM Spectrum Scale 5.1 Enhances Active File Manager to Create New Opportunities for RSTOR and Reseller Community to Serve Enterprises
"It also greatly elevates the value of RSTOR Space, our cloud-based storage platform, as a compelling alternative to expensive network-attached storage-based (NAS) hard-disk solutions for the AFM capacity tier," explains Schellong.
RSTOR -- which in February of 2017 received $45 million in series A funding from Cisco Investments and a further $35 million in funding in late 2019 from Digital Alpha -- has created a next-generation, fast, edge-distributed object storage. By providing an agnostic environment for efficiently storing and transporting data, RSTOR adds a new level of cloud performance (~10x faster) and cost-efficiency (70-80% less) to the AFM capacity tier.
Spectrum Scale AFM integrates On-Premises and Cloud Environments
"Release 5.1 will allow IBM resellers to introduce a new array of 'certified' enterprise features as well as optimizing the price and performance of S3 storage that call for sharing data across compute clusters and storage tiers," says Schellong.
More on eTradeWire News
- Alpha Fraternity Management and Delta Tau Delta Announce National Preferred Partnership
- FREE eBook of Journey of a Successful Dreamer
- New from Down & Out Books: CODE FOUR by Colin Conway and Frank Zafiro
- Bavarian Inn matriarch, Dorothy Zehnder, celebrating 99th birthday December 1
- HomeCentris Healthcare Announces New Location Serving Maryland's Eastern Shore
By adding S3 object storage as an AFM target for the capacity tier to Release 5.1, it will now be possible for data to be read/write accessed through both file- and object-interfaces, enabling virtually unlimited scalability at a highly competitive price point. Because Spectrum Scale 5.1 now supports S3 cloud storage, it will allow resellers to expand the range of competitive solutions for enterprise customers.
Other important enhancements introduced by Release 5.1 include: new Quality of Service (QoS) functionality for throttling IOPS throughput; and support for Cloud Object Store (COS, S3) as an AFM target. The latter will provide the ability for organizations to migrate files between IBM Spectrum Scale and various S3 resources by using the intelligence and automation features of AFM.
"All of this is very good news for enterprises that are working across hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructures, because AFM is designed to manage data and compute effectively in today's increasingly heterogeneous environment," says Schellong
The RSTOR Position
When organizations work across complex infrastructures -- whether they are on-premises or in the cloud -- it is important to closely monitor the cost equation. This is especially important if data is dynamically moving from one environment to another. As data workloads are shifted among cloud service providers (CSPs) -- or simply brought back to corporate data centers -- egress fees can quickly add up.
More on eTradeWire News
- Economy Fuel launches Enhanced 2020 Heat for Heroes Program
- As Americans face censorship on social media, one media company has a solution
- Lyricist AC The Entity Releases Greatness Displayed EP
- Crypto Land Is Calling For A New Coin While Its Rates Skyrocket
- New Home Decor Collection from Five | Six Textiles Celebrates West African Ikat Pattern
RSTOR offers an agnostic S3 storage layer optimized for storage efficiency and network throughput. RSTOR Space, specifically, is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) object storage solution. It addresses the performance, reliability and budget requirements for storing unstructured data. It also provides a decentralized cloud architecture that utilizes geo-distributed erasure coding and a 100Gbps infrastructure.
The platform provides clients with cloud access at the edge, typically providing throughput performance that is ten times (10x) greater than those offered by traditional CSP's. With Spectrum Scale 5.1 these attributes are now available for an AFM target.
"As an IBM ESA partner, RSTOR is working closely with IBM to embed the new capabilities of Release 5.1 into RSTOR Space. On November sixth, when Spectrum Scale 5.1 is made generally available, RSTOR will be ready," concludes Schellong.
To learn more visit: https://www.rstor.io/partners/ibm
- Fusion Health and Vitality Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Core Essential Nutrients and Immune Boost Liquid Vitamin D3
- Amazing Photography Book on Black Seniors "A Generation Found: Precious Pearls of Wisdom" by Roohee Marshall
- Personalisedweddingmasks.com create fun customised face masks for weddings amidst a pandemic
- Outlinx receives special mention in TIME's 100 Best Inventions of 2020 list
- A New Way To See The Cook Islands In 360˚
- TVS Nostalgia Network.Com Begins No Repeat Schedule of Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Fox's Tucker Carlson Right Regarding Sidney Powell's Claims
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Stetson University
- FlatToast Social Luxury Platform Reaches 100k Lifestyle Minutes and Creates over 600k Virtual Millionaires in the process!
- Vancouver Canucks Draft Pick Ethan Keppen & Vegas draft pick Mason Primeau Interview
- Local Life Coach Explores Role Of Positivity As A Means To Combat Stress
- 5 time Stanley Cup Champion Grant Fuhr Interview
- a19 Consulting releases a19 Asset Scanner | Apple iOS Mobile App | Ivanti Service and Asset Manager
- PB PHOTO CENTRE to Exhibit 'Painting with Light' by Matt Stock, Opening Dec. 17
- Beckatt Solutions Named One of Mirror Review's Top 3D Printing Companies of 2020
- Local Maple Valley Realtor Collects Donations for Food Bank
- For Coronavirus Curfew Time Fun: Read 'em or Sing 'em a poem called "The New Coronavirus Blues"
- Safe Shelter Presents November 25 Virtual Fundraiser with Fabulous Equinox Orchestra
- "Sapphire Stars: Poems" is an Artistic Serenade to the Romantics and Dreamers of the World
- 2020: Vitalii Blazheiev TM, SBU arrests Yulia Timoshenko for espionage, which led to complete liquidation