Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 542
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 448
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 249
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 221
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 201
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 168
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 135
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 132
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 130
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 121
Similar on eTradeWire
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' Amanda Chili' Gorman The Spicy' Poet! Biden's Inauguration! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA
- Waste Management & NYC Department of Sanitation Presenting 4th Annual M/WBE Forum
- City Streaming TV, a Streaming Television Inc Network Launches, bringing Community and Faith Leaders into local TV's, At No Cost
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- The Inaugural Eve of President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris
- Join the Worldwide Celebration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's Victory
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Tucson Mayor Regina Romero with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 34th Tribute to Mayors
- WDTC helps employers comply with Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Federal Agencies can keep track of their Assets and Inventory with our Barcode Software
- Freedom is what you make of it
Gashabana was finally able to raise several issues in court which the lawyers previously representing Rusesabagina, who had been appointed by the Rwandan government, had failed to bring up at Rusesabagina's previous hearings. The Government appointed lawyers failed at each previous hearing to represent Rusesabagina's best interests which is further proof that he is not receiving a fair trial nor will he ever.
First and foremost among these issues is the fact that Paul Rusesabagina was kidnapped and arrested illegally. He did not willingly go to Kigali, Rwanda.
Rusesabagina said, "I was kidnapped to come here. They tied my legs and my arms and I was blindfolded."
There was discussion of a summons calling for Rusesabagina to present himself for arrest, but this was not delivered since Rusesabagina was abducted and held in an unknown location from August 27 and 31. That should have been sufficient evidence for the first judge to release Rusesabagina, but that did not happen.
There were no lawyers present at the initial interrogations when Rusesabagina was being tortured. His confession was obtained by torture and Rusesabagina's rights were not respected during his arrest and detention. He stated in court that his hands and feet were bound, and he was blindfolded, for the first three days of his capture. This should also be grounds for Rusesabagina's release.
More on eTradeWire News
- Applied Clinical Research Post Graduate Diploma
- Frank J. Gorshin, CLU, Brings Safe Money Radio To Myrtle Beach & Charleston
- Furin Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric)
- Detroit Based Startup MARUX™Accepted By Technology Accelerator Investment Platform
- Columbus Woman Beats COVID: Encourages Families To Touch
Gashabana also talked about Rusesabagina's health. Rusesabagina suffers from high blood pressure and is a cancer survivor. Gashabana asserted that Rusesabagina's condition should be monitored by independent doctors. Rusesabagina's ongoing health issues should also be grounds for his release.
Gashabana also stated that Rusesabagina should be released and monitored outside the prison, especially since the prison also had a Covid-19 problem, making it impossible for client visits.
Rusesabagina reiterated that he is a Belgian citizen, not a Rwandan citizen. When Rusesabagina left Rwanda as a refugee he renounced his Rwandan citizenship in order to become a Belgian citizen. He became a stateless person and was accepted by the Belgians who granted him citizenship in 1998. At the time Rusesabagina became a Belgian citizen, neither Belgium nor Rwanda allowed dual citizenship. Therefore, both countries must admit that by their own laws and procedures, Rusesabagina is not a Rwandan citizen.
Gashabana and Rusesabagina explained again that Rusesabagina was in Rwanda illegally because he was a Belgian. Rwanda did not follow any international procedures to extradite someone for arrest. He was kidnapped and brought to Rwanda, held and tortured before his official arrest. He did not go of his own free will and he had not received a letter calling him to Rwanda. Rusesabagina did not have a visa for Rwanda. Rusesabagina was not given access to any lawyer, even the government imposed lawyers, until September 6. Gashabana repeatedly tried to have access to him beginning September 2 and was repeatedly denied by the Rwandan government.
More on eTradeWire News
- Custom Aerospace Platforms from Panel Built Offer Long-Lasting, Convenient Maintenance Solutions
- Aldrick Williams the Photographer
- Air Fry Plus: Enjoy Convenience And Style With Premium Kitchen Supplies
- United Wholesale Mortgage Went Public Today
- Texas nut company brings healthy nut mixes, candies to the health conscious
The prosecutor admitted that Rusesabagina "was brought to Rwanda, where he was immediately arrested and charged with felony criminal mischief," but he did not say how Rusesabagina was brought to Rwanda nor by whom.
According to media reports and publicly available information about flights between Dubai and Rwanda, Rusesabagina was brought to Rwanda on a GainJet aircraft. Neither GainJet nor the Rwandan government have answered the obvious questions of who chartered that plane, who was on that plane, how Rusesabagina was taken on and off that plane and who paid for that plane.
The judge ruled that the court's decision would be read on December 2, 2020.
Twitter: @freethehero (https://twitter.com/freethehero)
Facebook: @FreePaulRusesabagina (https://www.facebook.com/FreePaulRusesabagina)
Instagram: #FreeRusesabagina (https://www.instagram.com/freerusesabagina/?hl=en)
TikTok: #FreeRusesabagina (https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJyXmy5k/)
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida elects four new board members at annual meeting
- Nova Biomedical FLEX2 Cell Culture Analyzer Adds Sample Retain Capability
- Cinema St. Louis and St. Louis Public Radio present free Best of Shorts program on Twitch on Feb. 20
- 360° Nation Launches Multimedia Music Channel
- Benchmark Int. Facilitated the Transaction BTW Scott, Singleton, Fincher & Co., PC & Park Associates
- Kaizen Finance Launches Staking to Foster the Widespread Adoption of DeFi
- Ismail Sirdah Describes the Best Practices for Holding Corporate Events
- MDAdvantage Appoints Pete Cammarano to Board of Directors
- Business Update from Fascinators Direct
- Ideanomics December and Q4 EV Sales Activity
- Boys & Girls Club of Collier County to host 'Youth of the Year' celebration on Feb. 23
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Orion Energy on Successful Capital Partnerships
- expEDIum Direct Pay®, seamless online payment added to iTech's expEDIum Medical Billing®
- Blue Heart Records and the Blues Society of Central PA release original blues from Pennsylvania and beyond
- Professional Women's Group Hosts Virtual Networking Event January 28, 11:30am
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Kathleen Colorado, MD
- Comms Guru launches to help organisations deliver kick-ass internal comms
- Social Music Platform, Geojam, announces new CMO
- Rusesabagina Trial Delayed, Lawyers Ask for Remedy for Violation of Rights
- Dynamic Healthcare Systems Now Integrates EHR with its Provider Analytics Solution