Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 496
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 373
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 313
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 220
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 211
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 198
- The rise of vacation rentals in Emerald Coast, Florida over traditional hotels - 172
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 167
- Tulsa Recycling Professional Robert Pickens Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award - 163
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC - 141
Similar on eTradeWire
- 3rd Annual Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goal To Celebrate All
- Documentary Showcase Goes "To the Ends of the Earth" to Present the Impact of Extreme Energy
- FuseFX Promotes Johnny Fisk to President
- Bay Boy Films Announces The Completion of Kendrick
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
- Life of Consequences Feature Film Screening Scheduled
- Going Back to Documentary Roots
- Boomers vs. Millennials in New Micro-Budget Comedy "Get All You Can"
- Documentary Showcase Presents Gottfried Helnwein and the Dreaming Child
- Official Statement From The Family of James Mtume
Pope and Collins, who frequently discussed making a feature length movie hit a typical brick wall when it came to two things: time and money. "We knew from the small commercial productions we worked on that to make something of quality you're looking at several thousand a day just to fill the minimum crew and talent positions, rent the gear, and feed everyone," explained Pope.
More on eTradeWire News
- What is the cutest Jellycat???
- LMNts, a Full Service Sales Funnel Agency Goes Lean
- No Permit? "Cop City" Project Doesn't Seem to Care
- Metal Finishing Equipment Market Insights, Growth Drivers and Forecast to 2030
- Kuester Management Group Shares Tips for Managing HOA Fees
Then at a dinner meeting last October, Mr. Collins announced that he had devised a formula; "Write it this Winter. Shoot it over the Summer. Release it next Fall. Rinse and repeat!" Inspired by filmmakers like Roger Corman and Woody Allen who turned out films frequently and cheaply the two made a decision to try and pull off their first feature in less than a year.
Pope wrote the screenplay over several weeks in February and March, basing it on an award-winning short film they'd made the previous year. The movie, a nostalgic throwback to "creature features" of the 1960s and 70s, concerns a 13-year-old girl and her two friends who fall asleep watching a monster movie and are literally sucked into its world. As dark forces close in, the kids formulate a plan to destroy a horrific lake dwelling creature in order to end the movie and return to reality.
Casting began in April, with Pope reaching out to friends and local theatre companies and stipulating that the roles would be non-paid. Locations were kept to a minimum with the filmmakers only shooting in places they could get very cheaply or for free. The movie was shot in ten days working Fridays to Sundays to get a reduced weekend rate on gear rentals with Pope cutting the film together on the days in between. When all was said and done, the movie had been made for just over $2500.
More on eTradeWire News
- Family Audiologist, DigiClear, opens new branch in Chigwell
- Intelligens Consulting responds the Public Accounts Committee review of UK Broadband progress
- Next Shiba inu Coin $Tsuki, The Ground-Breaking 13% Reward Token Just Launched
- FlightTonus Care Systems Inc. Reveals Air Travelers' Fears and Problems and What to Do About Them
- Are Extraterrestrials A Threat Or Not?
"There's something in the Lake" premiered October the 28th in Franklin TN to a sold out, enthusiastic audience; almost a year to the day after Collins first presented his "rinse and repeat" formula. It is available to stream on Amazon Prime and Vimeo on Demand and is an official selection of the Summer 2022 Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival.
More information is available on the film's website: http://www.somethinginthelake.com
- Anthony Cetrangelo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Fiery Seahorse Productions To Present 2022 Reading of Ye-Xian: The Chinese Cinderella
- Real Boss Women Marks Launch of "Little Black Dress" of Female Leadership Groups
- Jerry Olivo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Native Edge Landscape of Austin, TX Awarded Best of Houzz 2022
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- David Weekley Homes Named Atlanta's Builder of the Year
- Mark Nieds Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- All Star Medical is Your New Provider for Ireliev Products in Tennessee!
- Tips for Safe Winter Driving on Ontario Roads
- IEDC Posthumously Presents 2022 Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Economic Development to Victor S. Grgas, HLM
- The Greatest Music Starts With No Idea
- Fact vs. Fiction: The Truth About Facial Rejuvenation
- ViaPure Wellness Welcomes Sarah Toto, RN to Palm Coast office
- CDI Global Guides Successful Acquisition of Elna Press by QLM Group
- Canadian Welding Supplies - Canaweld
- Arrow Rehab Welcomes Dianna Pucci to St. Augustine Office
- Blue Ocean Diving Welcomes End to Travel Restrictions in Time for 20th Anniversary
- Carolina Core Wellness Showcases New Community to Health and Wellness Professionals in the heart of
- Older Youth in Care Thrive with Support from Local Families