Popular on eTradeWire
- Actress & Musician Linda Collins Uses Diverse Entertainment Background to Bring Unique Edge to Roles 1283
- Chelsea Village Selects Corner Property Management for Upscale Residences in Bridgewater Township NJ 1089
- Jason McIntosh--Apartment Association of Metro Denver Executive of the Year Finalist 1022
- ASA Appraisal Courses at Massachusetts College of Art and Design 341
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 330
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 296
- Answers to the top 5 questions about concrete fasteners 216
- Seaside Art Gallery Announces "INspired by the Masters" with Artist Debra Keirce 207
- Speakeasy Art Gallery presents: ezerd - robots! robots! robots! 198
- In BLOOD OF THE FAE by Tom Mohan, Sometimes the Past Is Better Left Unknown… 197
Similar on eTradeWire
- Are you looking for the best Star Wars costumes for adults?
- Cruise Planners Travel Advisor, Frankie Blankenship, was among the first to experience Celebrity Cruises newest ship, The Brand-New Celebrity Edge
- Technical Report-Applying Physics and Sensory Sciences to Spirits Nosing Vessel Design to Improve Evaluation Diagnostics and Drinking Enjoyment
- Revolutionary FADES Auto-Darkening Eyewear Set to Debut at CES 2019
- Bristol-based Feel the Pulse Clothing Launch New Design
- Valerie Bridal Trunk Show December 7th, 8th and 9th
- Herbal GrayOff Spray Restores Natural Hair Colour
- Memorable Purses: Fashionable Hand Bags, Backpacks, Wallets, and More Stylish Choices for Women
- Blogger and the Brand Shop at Jerome Dreyfuss
- Valeri Bridal Trunk Show Coming December 1st & 2nd to Diamond Bridal Gallery!
Not only that but it provides unparalleled ability for customers to interact with the companies they wish to do business with, using social proof such as reviews and engagement to decide which businesses to give their custom to.
Unfortunately some people have turned these benefits on their heads, with fake businesses, fake accounts and fake followers.
But how can you spot fake businesses with fake accounts and fake followers? Using the social media platform Instagram as an example, here is two examples of a fake business with fake accounts and followers on Instagram.
1. New Account: Real accounts have likely had an Instagram account for years. They didn't just start three months ago, post six times, and magically have 100k followers. If an account is relatively new, and has a sizable number of followers, they're probably not real.
More on eTradeWire News
- Farmington High School String Quartet to join the pros
- The State of Sundance Realty and the Oregon Market: November 2018
- Anderson Trade on Dealing with Hazardous Dusts with H-Class Vacuum Cleaners
- Resolutions 2019 on View at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Project Boon Partners with Inland Valley Recovery Services (IVRS) to Boost Community Outreach
- Attracting & Retaining People – Myths, Magic or Mayhem (Part 2)
- New Original Christmas Music from Renowned Producer
Take an example of this unnamed London based business that purports to be both a fashion and media company. Their latest Instagram account was only 2 days old and yet had followers of 100K. Quite clearly this is fake.
2.High Follower Count/Low Engagement: It's more than just followers. If the user has tons of followers, but low engagement, they're either buying fake followers or they're not creating content that resonates with their audience. The rule of thumb is that accounts should have at least a 10% engagement per post.
So in this case the same London fashion / media business has 185k followers, and their latest post has 1900 likes. This would be what be expected if the account and its followers were real. However on closer inspection it appears that there is only 1 comment.
This means that the account has not only bought fake followers - over 185,000 fake followers but its has also purchased over 1,900 likes. And they are doing this for each and every post.
- Ballet Theatre of Carmel Academy Presents 'The Nutcracker'
- Mccarthy Building Companies Expands National Renewable Energy Group
- The PEAK TV 12 Days of Giving Launches on Facebook Tomorrow
- Picture Perfect Drones: Let's Have Some Fun
- Intelligent Network Defense Tool Helps Organizations Strengthen Cyber Posture
- Erik Owen, CPA, serves as panelist at 2018 Wisconsin Owners Forum
- Annuit Coeptis bounty programs are here!
- Psychotherapist Raising Funds for First Subscription Box Designed to Prevent Screen Addiction
- Concrete Polishing Solutions Offers End-of-Year Promotions
- Annuit Coeptis airdrops, and bounties programs are here
- The Ins and Outs of Fastening Door Frames To Concrete
- df|Music Group Signature Series Announces The Release of 2 New Audio Content Products
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Inland Empire Salsa SC's Dual Expansion Teams
- Lee BIA Builders Care's second annual Charity Clay Shoot raises $34,000
- Titletown Manufacturing supplies high-quality replacement parts
- Philz Coffee Partners with Intalytics to Expand their Unique Coffee Experience to New Communities
- SEP Announces Backup Performance Improvements for Citrix Xen Environments
- An Expanded Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo plus an Outdoor Summit
- Milandr, Inc. and the Town of Florence, AZ Sign Contract to Build and Operate a LoRaWAN Network
- Sol Roots with special guests Ron Holloway, Mary eL, Matt Kelley in Northern Virginia