Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 219
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 210
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 181
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 131
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 110
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Truth from the lips of struggle
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Troy Clinton brings his NY flavor, with a twist of ATL to the "H-Town"
- Petite designer registration for UNDER ends soon
- Ollie Quinn Opens New London Flagship
- St. James Infirmary's 20th Year Anniversary Gala on June 2, 2019
- Ted Baker Launches New Store At South Coast Plaza
- Fearless and Layered In The New Season
- CMG Holdings Reports Elimination of All Convertible Debt and Growth at XA
- Clean Dirt SS19 Capsule Collection set to drop mid-March 2019
Not only that but it provides unparalleled ability for customers to interact with the companies they wish to do business with, using social proof such as reviews and engagement to decide which businesses to give their custom to.
Unfortunately some people have turned these benefits on their heads, with fake businesses, fake accounts and fake followers.
But how can you spot fake businesses with fake accounts and fake followers? Using the social media platform Instagram as an example, here is two examples of a fake business with fake accounts and followers on Instagram.
1. New Account: Real accounts have likely had an Instagram account for years. They didn't just start three months ago, post six times, and magically have 100k followers. If an account is relatively new, and has a sizable number of followers, they're probably not real.
More on eTradeWire News
- SmileyAnswers™ Joins The Beryl Institute Community
- ReCap NY Secured $20MM In Financing For Major Funeral Home Client
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, April 6th and 7th, in downtown Los Angeles
- infinimesh announces the go-live of a new type of IoT platform: fully Open Source, low code and highly scalable. All whilst being extremely secure
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
Take an example of this unnamed London based business that purports to be both a fashion and media company. Their latest Instagram account was only 2 days old and yet had followers of 100K. Quite clearly this is fake.
2.High Follower Count/Low Engagement: It's more than just followers. If the user has tons of followers, but low engagement, they're either buying fake followers or they're not creating content that resonates with their audience. The rule of thumb is that accounts should have at least a 10% engagement per post.
So in this case the same London fashion / media business has 185k followers, and their latest post has 1900 likes. This would be what be expected if the account and its followers were real. However on closer inspection it appears that there is only 1 comment.
This means that the account has not only bought fake followers - over 185,000 fake followers but its has also purchased over 1,900 likes. And they are doing this for each and every post.
- Truth from the lips of struggle
- Bark Avenue Foundation Receives Grant From Petsmart Charities® To Help Keep People And Pets Together
- Morven in May Garden Craft & Heirloom Plant Sale set for May 3-5
- New Homes with RV Garages Now Pre-selling at Freedom at Asante!
- Electro Funk Project Synthonic To Release New Single "Divergence" On Monday April 1st, 2019
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion
- Three Square Market Hosts Over 65 Users From Across the U.S
- Teen Creates Kickstarter for Transgender Scouts
- Free Bereavement Support Group for Survivors of Suicide Loss - Longview
- Pandamoon Publishing Inks Film Deal with Mon Rêve Productions
- Relationships are the driving force behind IBOs Whitney and Jason Johns' success
- Top-rated Sanibel restaurant springs into Easter
- Law Enforcement New Kitting Module Saves Time and Improves Efficiency for law Enforcement Agencies
- Panacea to Focus on How to Meet the CMS Price Transparency Rule at Becker's Hospital Review 10th
- Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic Spring Fling to raise funds to Heal the Hurt
- First Annual Schaumburg Health Summit Scheduled for 2019
- March Open for Business®: The four stages of social media issue and crisis management
- Homestake Capital receives 5 FAME Awards
- Jazz Guitarist Fareed Haque to Tour Several Cities
- United Premier Soccer League Announces South Florida Expansion with Atletico Miami Club de Futbol