Popular on eTradeWire News
- Aramsco Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sun-Belt USA 717
- Beverly Hills PR Firm Signs 'Deeper Than Music Radio' Now Streaming on iHeartRadio 673
- Mobile game Maze: Shadow of Light Pre-registration begins on iOS and Android 334
- Crossover Film Festival is Live 225
- SOPHI Kickstarts Operations in Cebu 224
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 206
- Reach Higher, Collegewise partner to make college counseling resources available to all students 203
- Compare Bear Announces New Free Resource to Help Customers Save Even More Money 196
- Area Leaders Impressed with Knovva Academy Students as they Visit Argentina for Y20 Activities 190
- LSUS Dean & Professor Violate Students' 1st Amendment Rights Nationwide 180
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Pegeen.com Launches A Collection of Tutus and New Nutcracker Party Scene Girl Styles
- Quality Leather Handbags Australia
- The Wearable Art Collective showcases new collection during New York Fashion Week!
- Maxwell Scott Offers Pink Collection in Support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2018
- Crowdfunding: The perfect tool to help a woman with a fashion masterplan
- Foodie Turned Fashionista: FoodeCall to Host L.A. India Fashion Week
- AsSeenOnTV.pro and Kevin Harrington Launch DRTV Campaign with Posh Pushers
- Heritage British Label N.Peal Announces Collaboration With Cult New York Brand The Laundress
- Bk Style Foundation Kicks Off Brooklyn Fashion Week With 1st Annual Muse Awards
- Bokeh SA International Lifestyle & Fashion Film Festival 2018 presented by Savanna Loco
Not only that but it provides unparalleled ability for customers to interact with the companies they wish to do business with, using social proof such as reviews and engagement to decide which businesses to give their custom to.
Unfortunately some people have turned these benefits on their heads, with fake businesses, fake accounts and fake followers.
But how can you spot fake businesses with fake accounts and fake followers? Using the social media platform Instagram as an example, here is two examples of a fake business with fake accounts and followers on Instagram.
1. New Account: Real accounts have likely had an Instagram account for years. They didn't just start three months ago, post six times, and magically have 100k followers. If an account is relatively new, and has a sizable number of followers, they're probably not real.
More on eTradeWire News
- Anand Mahurkar of Findability Sciences accepted into Forbes Technology Council
- Vovance Announced to Offer Cloud Computing Services to Global Clients
- "SAE" Students Win International Awards During their Participation in Four Film Festivals
- Swiss International School Dubai Announces New Leadership and Developments for The New Academic Year
- 90210 Cosmetic Dentist or Cosmetic Dentistry in Beverly Hills?
- Install MS office 365 and Best for your Business
- Beyond the Viewing Experience: How Samsung's QLED TV Incorporates Style with Function
Take an example of this unnamed London based business that purports to be both a fashion and media company. Their latest Instagram account was only 2 days old and yet had followers of 100K. Quite clearly this is fake.
2.High Follower Count/Low Engagement: It's more than just followers. If the user has tons of followers, but low engagement, they're either buying fake followers or they're not creating content that resonates with their audience. The rule of thumb is that accounts should have at least a 10% engagement per post.
So in this case the same London fashion / media business has 185k followers, and their latest post has 1900 likes. This would be what be expected if the account and its followers were real. However on closer inspection it appears that there is only 1 comment.
This means that the account has not only bought fake followers - over 185,000 fake followers but its has also purchased over 1,900 likes. And they are doing this for each and every post.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest at Biggles in Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
- Becoming an Advanced Tree Care Certified Arborist
- Lincolnshire Homeowners Seek Lawn Care Service from Advanced Tree Care
- Traffic Regulation Enforced in Nainital
- Late Summer/Early Fall Lawn Care Tips from Advanced Tree Care
- Elk Grove Village Real Estate Market Update September 2018
- Composer Kevin Wood Celebrates "Eternal" Partnership with Non-Profit LoveLight Which Helps Vulnerable Children in South Africa Build Sustainable Lives
- Jazz Child SHEILA JORDAN Steps to the Stage on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Alpha Direct Agency designs Workers Compensation platform with Attune Insurance Company
- The lifetime cut glass collection of Jean Rex will be sold October 20th by Woody Auction in Kansas
- New Teen Girl Self-Esteem Book
- Brand Protection Practitioner, LeTonya Moore, Convenes International Power Players
- Seed X Nottz - No Way in Hell (Album)
- Second Annual Lucky Strikes Films Festival
- Attn:Newspapers, Magazines, Radio & TV: What is your Company Planning for your HALLOWEEN PROMOTIONS?
- Local high school string quartet to join the pros
- Michelle Kwan's 'Casa del Sole' Sold in Newport, RI
- Russell Brunson Review - 30Days.Com and 30 Days Summit - NOT an Affiliate
- New Book Highlights the Rich History of Hiking
- Legendary Scream Queen Caroline Williams To Attend Cult Classic Convention In Bastrop Texas, 9/29/18