Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 273
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 250
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 201
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 171
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 161
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 157
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 153
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 143
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 125
- DW Sanders Tile & Stone Contracting Pledges $1,000 per Month to CTEF During COVID-19 Pandemic 107
Similar on eTradeWire
- Research and Development efforts result in economical flame-resistant foam
- Smokescreen eyes a larger share of the global cybersecurity pie; appoints Preekshit Gupta as Head of Sales – India, MEA, and, APAC
- Tampa Bay Rays Manager Kevin Cash Endorses Crown Automotive Group
- Navy Veteran from Georgia Wins the Mustang Dream Giveaway!
- Kia Extended Warranty Alternatives Available from autopom!
- Pro's Phoenix Fast-Response Service Has Started
- M.G.A Garage Door Repair Houston TX Will Now Be Operational On A 24/7 Basis
- Auto Dealer Retention Services Firm Hires Auto Industry Executive Stan Sher
- Don't Miss Out on This 2016 Nissan Rogue
- Coach & Equipment Launches CDC-Compliant Driver Protective Barrier for Mass Transit to Combat COVID
Unfortunately for us, leaving your car in the driveway for weeks on end can actually damage your vehicle. In this article, Motorparks investigate how to keep your car in good condition during lockdown.
It is recommended to drive your car every two weeks if possible, driving for around 10 miles and reaching speeds over 50mph. Driving for a few minutes around built up areas at 30mph will have little benefit on your vehicle apart from heating the engine up.
Additionally, batteries can lose their power when left idle and turning on the engine will drain the power even more. Driving for several miles allows the battery a chance to recharge. However, if your car has been sitting for a month or more, so much power could be lost that it will need jump starting. If your battery has run flat or you're unable to drive long enough, consider purchasing a trickle charger or battery conditioner, the most effective method for to keep your battery healthy for a long period of time with little to no use.
More on eTradeWire News
- Legal Impact - Natl Urban League Report on Blacks and COVID [2-5PM]
- Douglas Stockton Named Growth And Development Director At Northwestern Mutual-Chesterfield
- Find Your ID NYC Presents: Three More Days Until the #BlackoutFundraiser
- First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice in Essex
- Things To Keep In Mind When Designing A Basement Suite
2. Tyre Care
Regularly check your tyre pressure with a pressure gauge or at your nearest petrol station, as not only do underinflated tyres use more fuel, but they can be dangerous when on the roads. Also, check for any sidewall cracks or visible damage to the tyres. Roll your car back and forth a few metres every so often to prevent flat spots and your tyre losing shape by spreading the pressure out.
When your car is stationary, try to keep it on a flat road rather than on a hill, and if possible, keep your handbrake off and hold the tyres with tyre blocks to remove strain from your brakes and prevent them seizing up. You should also regularly get in your car, remove the handbrake, and apply the foot break to prevent it sticking.
You probably haven't considered how storing fuel in your car can have an effect. Your car certainly won't thank you for being woken up after a long hibernation and running on old fuel that's past its use-by date.
More on eTradeWire News
- Inc. Magazine Publishes List of America's Fastest-Growing Companies—the Inc. 5000
- Wild Bird Centers of America Reports Boom in Sales During Pandemic
- 143VINYL (Formerly 651VINYL) Is Excited To Officially Change Our Name
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Best Cities for Working From Home
- Anyone for President: Now Available on Vimeo On-Demand and Amazon Prime Video
To prevent moisture accruing and rust and corrosion developing in the fuel system, adding fuel stabiliser to your fuel will extend its lifespan by preventing oxidation and chemical breakdown, as well as lubricating valves to keep everything running smoothly. Fuel stabiliser can keep your fuel fresh for around 12 months — hopefully more than enough time for lockdown!
- Doctor Uses His Profound Spiritual Journey to Inspire Others
- 143VINYL (formerly 651VINYL) is excited to officially change our name
- 143VINYL™ Adds StarCraft SoftFlex 12" x 5' Yard Rolls To Their Product Line
- Braces and Invisalign in Exton Cost Only $3,995 with No Hidden Fees
- The Rich Get Richer... By Design
- MIRAmedtech and Bio-Infusions Join Forces in Bringing Aesthetic Medical Innovations to the USA
- Empowering children's picture book aims to whisk away young readers on magical adventures
- Edge-pushing dubstep record label announces relaunch, new EDM single
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Sixth Consecutive Year with Three-Year Revenue Growth of 221.5%
- CNet Training Receives Silver Award from UK Ministry of Defence
- Reimagining Healthcare: How clinicians and administrators reduce risk, waste and disjointed services
- Tecan expands presence in the United States with new distribution agreement
- Country artist Teddy Ray Bryant Lands deal with Rock Solid Talent Entertainment
- Hope for young high achievers in this pandemic world
- Hip Hop's Rising Star Blac Lou Caine Shows Appreciation to Fans All Around the World
- Scramble New Fiction Novel by Fred Williams
- Two Hispanic women create international gastronomic summit in Spanish to combat Covid's effect
- Just Say No to Fabric and Cloth Masks
- Summer Hill Films announces the North American DVD and VOD release of the online romance, IRL!
- 1,000% Uplift in Out Of Home!?