Popular on eTradeWire
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 206
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 178
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 171
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 169
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 149
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 130
- Good Hospitality Services announces groundbreaking ceremony for new Crown Point Hampton Inn 125
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 118
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 116
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 106
Similar on eTradeWire
- Grace Church Delivers Free Shoes, Backpacks, and School Supplies to More Than 1,000 Local Students
- Carne Collective Launches Direct To Consumer All-Natural Argentinian Meat Delivery Service In Us
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Golden West Food Group, Cooks Venture Raise $10 Million For Regenerative Agriculture Business
- Explore Produces Commercial Featuring DeLoreans Delivering 1985 Beer
- Maryland Vegan Eats Fights for Maryland Restaurants During Vegan Restaurant Week - Aug. 1 through Aug. 9
- UK Govt to Fight COVID With Anti-Obesity Laws
- Matt Benham 2020 Daphne Zepos Teaching Award Winner
- P.o.p. Candy Co. Founders Expand Business During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Arsilica, Inc Announces Free Online Spirits Evaluation Academy
If we could go back 30 years to ask the question: "What's your favorite office cafeteria or restaurant?" we probably would have gotten quite a few blank stares in response. Such was the state of affairs for the much-maligned office cafeteria in those days.
Someone might've suggested the United States Senate dining room at the Capitol in Washington, DC — where politicians, lobbyists, and reporters rubbed shoulders (wearing formal jackets and dresses of course, per the dress code). But, despite the high-power guests and Federalist decor, the menu selections were as uninspiring as the signature Senate Bean Soup, which has been on offer each day for more than a hundred years.
The situation today is altogether different. As we'll see below, hardly a month goes by without a major announcement of a new corporate cafeteria opening up that rivals anything in the local restaurant scene.
But like most revolutions, this transformation didn't happen overnight. To get where we are today took a journey of more than two decades, starting with a new cafe concept in the San Francisco Bay area.
More on eTradeWire News
- ArborMotion on Hot Car Safety This Summer
- HairMax Launches Hair Loss Awareness Month With New TV Commercial, Free E-Guide and Giveaways
- Trilliant Joins Activate Good's Triangle Corporate Volunteer Council
- MDDV enables MQ-9 to REAP the benefits of big data management
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
If you're thinking about Alice Waters and her groundbreaking Chez Panisse restaurant in Berkeley, you're not far off. Waters has single-handedly helped develop the modern American palette and our appetite for eating locally grown food.
But there is another figure who helped transform the lackluster world of corporate and institutional cafeterias into the modern gourmand era, the restaurant entrepreneur Fedele Bauccio.
Larry Ellison, the co-founder of the software database giant Oracle, gave Bauccio his first big break in the corporate catering world of Silicon Valley, selecting his company to create a paninonteca, or Italian sandwich shop. Soon Bauccio's company, Bon Appetit Management Company, opened a series of different cafe offerings at Oracle, each featuring a different cuisine.
Read more ... https://formaspace.com/articles/workplace-bulletin/healthy-eating-at-work/?utm_source=prlog&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=article-070518
- Deadly Night Out Starts Filming In September
- Lead Generation Software For Digital Marketing Agencies
- CARBONELL AWARDS Announces Winners in First Virtual Ceremony
- Marketing Gurus Conversion Tactics & Digital Secrets
- Isaac Lidsky Discusses His Descent Into Blindness en Route to Becoming a famed Author and Father
- Want to Change the Laws in Your Area?
- Elite Middle and Secondary School Offers Interactive Online Learning Platform
- Digital Defense Announces New Partner Program for Managed Service Providers
- The death of Naya Rivera was an accidental drowning | Criminal Defense and DUI | Red Metric Law
- Mission Fat Hearts Movie Campaign Hopes to Inspire Ripples of Kindness That Turn Into Waves
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "What Should You Be Tracking For Success?"
- American Bar Foundation Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth M. Weldon Into the Fellows
- Help for Hotels as They Reopen - Hyperion Biotechnology Offers Legionella Water Testing
- Wellfit Girls announces new leadership transition
- Fort Myers Brewing Company releases a limited-edition Pilsner to benefit boy battling cancer
- Attorney Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law releases video discussing Trump's use of federal agents
- Healthy Lee launches Teacher Appreciation Contest
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida receives grant from the Community Foundation for $5,000
- COVID-19 Halts Fundraising of Colon Cancer Research in Kansas City
- Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate Wins TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award for 2020