Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 533
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 373
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 366
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 250
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 220
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 196
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 178
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 175
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 161
- Richard Dreitzer Joins Fennemore Craig's Business Litigation Practice 155
Similar on eTradeWire
- Think Coffee Fights Single-Use Cups in NYC
- Sterile Storage Temperature & Humidity Standards Monitored by dataTaker
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Mrs. Fields Introduces Limited Time Only Fall Cookie: Caramel Pecan
- Big Bear Brewing Company wins Grand Champion in 25th annual USBTC
- Let NESCO help preserve your family tradition
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- QuiAri Set To Shake Up The Health And Wellness Industry With Breakthrough Products
- Monitoring Seed Corn Drying Temperature to Optimize Product Quality
- New husband and wife start-up launch the first low-carb almond flour pasta
If we could go back 30 years to ask the question: "What's your favorite office cafeteria or restaurant?" we probably would have gotten quite a few blank stares in response. Such was the state of affairs for the much-maligned office cafeteria in those days.
Someone might've suggested the United States Senate dining room at the Capitol in Washington, DC — where politicians, lobbyists, and reporters rubbed shoulders (wearing formal jackets and dresses of course, per the dress code). But, despite the high-power guests and Federalist decor, the menu selections were as uninspiring as the signature Senate Bean Soup, which has been on offer each day for more than a hundred years.
The situation today is altogether different. As we'll see below, hardly a month goes by without a major announcement of a new corporate cafeteria opening up that rivals anything in the local restaurant scene.
But like most revolutions, this transformation didn't happen overnight. To get where we are today took a journey of more than two decades, starting with a new cafe concept in the San Francisco Bay area.
More on eTradeWire News
- Arabel Lebrusan Takes the Sourcing Trip of a Lifetime
- Tenor Saxophonist Lawrence Clark Releases his Sophomore Album Inner Visions Featuring Jeremy Pelt And Duane Eubanks on the European Jazz Tribes Label
- Local HVAC Contractor "Heroes Club" Provides Free Services to Cincinnati Community
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOMEOPATHY supports the HHS Pain Management Best Practices
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
If you're thinking about Alice Waters and her groundbreaking Chez Panisse restaurant in Berkeley, you're not far off. Waters has single-handedly helped develop the modern American palette and our appetite for eating locally grown food.
But there is another figure who helped transform the lackluster world of corporate and institutional cafeterias into the modern gourmand era, the restaurant entrepreneur Fedele Bauccio.
Larry Ellison, the co-founder of the software database giant Oracle, gave Bauccio his first big break in the corporate catering world of Silicon Valley, selecting his company to create a paninonteca, or Italian sandwich shop. Soon Bauccio's company, Bon Appetit Management Company, opened a series of different cafe offerings at Oracle, each featuring a different cuisine.
Read more ... https://formaspace.com/articles/workplace-bulletin/healthy-eating-at-work/?utm_source=prlog&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=article-070518
- Newly Decorated Model Home Now Open at Parsons Retreat in Johns Creek
- Founder of Financial Planning Honored for 50th Anniversary of CFP Designation Asset Planning Corp
- Claudiu Murgan will attend 'Word On The Street' on Sept 22, 2019 - Harbourfront Centre, Toronto
- Candidates Return To Travel Jobs Market With Big 21% Jump
- How does Icelandair Cancellation Policy Work
- National Event for Singles Launches
- B Hotels & Resorts says "I Do" to the Spontaneous and Free-Spirited Couple in Love
- CivicScience Names Jack Randall as Chief Commercial Officer
- VLC solutions launches new content engagement platform
- Wallwork at Advanced Engineering 2019: Stand M102 The Art of Sharing Knowledge
- Everything You Need To Know About 1031 Exchanges
- Aegis Business School of Philosophy Launches Online School
- Benchmark International has Advised on the Transaction Between Maitland and The Doctors Clinic Group
- Airplane Noise Complaints About Montreal Trudeau Airport Up 1,485% (June 30, 2019)
- Undiscovered L.A. based French-American Jewelry Designer Launches New Healing Crystal Collection to Match Your Outfit – and Your Life
- Welcoming Edmund Cotter to the Ordior Team!
- A 600,000,000 Milestone For Ordior!
- Newark CTE Network Kicks Off School Year
- Eric Ginsburg's Fridge Miami Salutes Baltimore in "Farewell Tour" for Art Week
- The best of Silicon Valley leaders to share knowledge and insights on Timeless Leadership Lessons