Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 452
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker 101
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
- Prince Crowe Signs With Tcb Records
- Anchorage Entrepreneur, Molly Bz, Selected as Forbes Top 150 Startups 2019, launches cookie business with worldwide distributor, Sysco Distributing
- Tony Goldwyn, Maria Shriver, and more Named Honorees for 2019 Television Industry Advocacy Awards
- Ty Cohen Net Worth and Review of Kindle Cash Flow - I am NOT an affiliate
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
Similar on eTradeWire
- NESCO's 18 Qt Roaster Oven makes holiday meal time easier
- Savory Bites Cracker Company Launches Online Shop
- Caffe Luna Rosa in Delray Beach to Host Final Four-Course Wine Dinner in 2019 Series on Dec. 3
- Mark's Outing Celebrates 15 Years in Business with the Launch of its First Food Truck
- Transitions2earth Announces Progress on an Innovative PFAS-Free Product Line
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
- Third Coast Bakery Wins National Award From PETA
- BEYONDPLASTIC.NET hosts the international BEYOND PLASTIC Award 2020
- Boutique Atlanta Bakery Changing Georgia's Dessert Landscape one Treat at a Time
- Step Through the Looking Glass with the Grand Opening of the Wonderland Tea Company
If we could go back 30 years to ask the question: "What's your favorite office cafeteria or restaurant?" we probably would have gotten quite a few blank stares in response. Such was the state of affairs for the much-maligned office cafeteria in those days.
Someone might've suggested the United States Senate dining room at the Capitol in Washington, DC — where politicians, lobbyists, and reporters rubbed shoulders (wearing formal jackets and dresses of course, per the dress code). But, despite the high-power guests and Federalist decor, the menu selections were as uninspiring as the signature Senate Bean Soup, which has been on offer each day for more than a hundred years.
The situation today is altogether different. As we'll see below, hardly a month goes by without a major announcement of a new corporate cafeteria opening up that rivals anything in the local restaurant scene.
But like most revolutions, this transformation didn't happen overnight. To get where we are today took a journey of more than two decades, starting with a new cafe concept in the San Francisco Bay area.
More on eTradeWire News
- American Knives Warehouse: Find Versatile & Effective Knives
- WipFly to provide unmanned vehicle interoperability for IoT platform
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
- Consortium members benefit from DOT random drug testing rules
- Alter Domus Celebrates Ten Years Of Success In Cyprus
If you're thinking about Alice Waters and her groundbreaking Chez Panisse restaurant in Berkeley, you're not far off. Waters has single-handedly helped develop the modern American palette and our appetite for eating locally grown food.
But there is another figure who helped transform the lackluster world of corporate and institutional cafeterias into the modern gourmand era, the restaurant entrepreneur Fedele Bauccio.
Larry Ellison, the co-founder of the software database giant Oracle, gave Bauccio his first big break in the corporate catering world of Silicon Valley, selecting his company to create a paninonteca, or Italian sandwich shop. Soon Bauccio's company, Bon Appetit Management Company, opened a series of different cafe offerings at Oracle, each featuring a different cuisine.
Read more ... https://formaspace.com/articles/workplace-bulletin/healthy-eating-at-work/?utm_source=prlog&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=article-070518
- Outdoor Sport Us: Making The Outdoors Feel Like Your Second Home
- Political Campaigns Use Artificial Intelligence to Detect Emotion in Videos with CampaignTester™
- Use vacuum pull rolls to create safe web tension isolation
- Batley CPA Tax & Business Alert November 2019
- Regent Surgical Health Announces New Joint Venture Partnership in Alaska
- Longleaf Law Partners Welcomes Attorney Carl Younger
- Miller & Miller's Watches & Jewelry Auction, Nov. 23rd, will feature luxury items by famous makers
- ATEN Expands KVM over IP Extender Series
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Caters Powerful DME Eligibility Verification Services
- "Blades Direct Reviews" BladesDirect.net Announces Famous Shocker SHOXX RX13 Diamond Blade
- Duplex stainless steel fabrication leverages its physical benefits
- North Florida Land Trust has received the Joe Hixon Champion of Conservation Award
- "Blades Direct Reviews" BladesDirect.net Announces New Shocker RX13 SHOXX Diamond Blade
- Branded Seats® Teams Up With Caddy Products for Exclusive USA Distribution
- Construction Completes on Updated Campo Bello Elementary School Campus
- Fennemore Craig Earns Top Tier Rankings in the 2020 Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Rankings
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- Gaither Homecoming Soloist to Sing at 29th Annual Christmas Carol Sing
- Indie Film Festival Fave "My First Kiss and the People Involved" Is Now Available on Amazon.com
- Storyteller, Speaker& Best-selling Author Dr. Nina Kelly Encourages Readers To Turn Within