Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 200
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies 173
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 156
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 146
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 139
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 134
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 123
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 117
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 106
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
Similar on eTradeWire
- PALZEWICZ Knows He MUST Win This Fall
- Public Safety Industry Professional Joins GeoComm's Product Management Team
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Derby Zero Six Productions Releasing Jason Soudah's "Followed" Score
- Local League of Women Voters & ACLU to Host Online Candidate Forum for Palm Beach County Sheriff
- Exploring Progressive Candidate Erica Collins endorses Democratic Candidate Amy Kennedy for Congress
- Presidential Candidate Dr. Valerie McCray Understands the Soul of America
- Project for Groundwater Recharge Captures Stormwater amid dry months of January and February
- Chance Trahan Asks Questions That Will Stump Any Trump Supporter
- Three States Impose Quarantines - Here's How To Enforce Them
Houston Independent Presidential Candidate, Jade Simmons, releases official statement on the unrest in America and announces virtual rally
Read the presidential candidate's official response to the death of George Floyd and the unrest in our nation below.
More information on Jade Simmons, the Operation Restoration Movement, and all upcoming events can be found at www.operationrestoration2020.com
Official Statement on the unrest in America sparked by the outrageous death of George Floyd
The death of George Floyd is the straw that broke America's back. The most dangerous thing we can do right now is the dangerous thing we've been doing forever, which is to allow our eyes to be averted to the temporary inflammation of rioting without dealing with the hard ugly reality of the current situation. That situation is the persistence of racism, the rise of race-based aggression, and race-based murder. What we are seeing break out now in America is not an overreaction to the death of one man. It is the inevitable eruption of years of injustices gone unaccounted for.
Let me officially call for an end to the looting, the burning of buildings, the damage to brick and bone as more lives and livelihoods are being taken in this mass outrage on the heels of 100,000+ deaths from Covid-19. We need an end to the destruction, not simply because of the property damage, but because it is shortening this day of reckoning, dampening the calling out of real evil. Before this moment subsides and we forget, let us first understand what we are seeing. We are seeing people from every color and creed unite against this cancer called racism. We are seeing the oppressed link arms with people who look like the oppressor but don't have the same heart of darkness. We're also seeing violence projected in response to violence received, lawlessness in response to the abuse of law and order, death and destruction in response to death and destruction. We're going to continue to see businesses that don't deserve to suffer in response to continuing to see people killed that didn't deserve to die. Some are saying they are acting like animals. I say they are responding to being treated like animals.
More on eTradeWire News
- Amid hydroxychloroquine shortage caused by COVID-19, lupus patients unite to protect supplies
- LBI Region Redefining Beach Culture Safely By Spotlighting Museums, Art and Performances
- AccrueMe™ Ready to Invest $100 Million in Amazon Sellers
- New San Diego Office to Launch Snell & Wilmer's First Podcast, CalCurrent
- Preh wins General Motors Supplier of the Year Award for the eighth time
I hate what George Floyd and his family had to lose for our country to finally get the message that racism still exists in our most respected institutions and that race-based murder is a reality. We, every people group, must also deal vehemently with murder at the hands of criminals who look like us. Nevertheless, we cannot allow the false comparison with death coming at the hands of those charged to protect us and also at the hands of citizens with a dangerous sense of misplaced authority. The policewomen and men who put on their badges with serious, honorable intent to preserve life are also scarred by the bad thorns that have been allowed to exist without consequence in an engrained culture of displaced loyalty to brotherhood, instead of to the people. We all lose when we make this a conversation about law and order instead of one about the plague of racial injustice and the too-common incidence of police brutality towards African-Americans.
This rightful outrage is fueling the twisted rhetoric of the current President, who will use his dismissed and ironic calls for law and order to weaponize a base that has been taught to be fearful of the calls for justice, to misinterpret these cries as anarchy without a cause, and to see the rise of those oppressed as the overthrow of life as they know it. Let us ALL not play so easily into his re-election playbook.
America, let us not waste this moment! If we want to see an end to the rioting, the people rioting will have to see that an end to the injustice is in sight. So let us now move from outrage to outcomes, from rioting to restoration, but not before we flesh out the resolutions this moment demands.
We must press forward now into a new era of leadership led by people who live our lives currently, who've tasted our pain, who've carved ways out of impossible situations and built roads into impossible successes. It's time for new voices (yours, not just mine) to take it from here into an era of reshaping this nation into one that finally looks like its God-given identity. We were designed to be one nation. It's taken us tragedy after tragedy to get us to this moment, but here we are, ready to stand as one.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Studio Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for The Josie Network!
- Garden City Realty recognizes its Agents of the Month and Quarter, Drew Dellinger and Bobby Streett
- Torres Law Joins Alliott Group, The World's Sixth-Largest Multidisciplinary Alliance Of Professional Services Firms
- Noted Neuropsychologist Warns of Pandemic's Harm to Frontline Healthcare Workers
- Motaz H Matar's The Pigeon Whisperer released September 1, 2020
Let us not waste this moment going "back to normal," settling for chicken soup for the soul. We don't need comfort, we need breakthrough! We must own this season of discomfort so that we can allow it to force us to change. This is not the time to mindlessly crave the familiar, but it's time to courageously build a new future. Let us refuse to ever look the same again.
To come out of this, on the other side of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Botham Jean, Atatiana Jefferson, Sandra Bland, and Trayvon Martin's deaths (to name a few), looking the same would be a disservice to their memories. This is the time to put our heads and our hearts together, to craft new solutions, and to present our own options, not the ones forced on us. Let us turn this accumulated pain into something we can be proud of, a moment in history that won't soon be forgotten.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing Tips for Business Re-Opening
- Time Is Running Out to Enter to Win this 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Signed by the Late Burt Reynolds!
- BHC Press Acquires Firebird Fairytales Series by Fantasy Author Amy Kuivalainen
- Meredith Charles Launches New Website
- Healthiby Selects LaTorrie Glover-Brown as a Team Captain
- Traditional Cleaning Methods Won't Make Offices Germ Free
- 2020 Christmas Light Contractor post Coronavirus
- Auto Insurance and the Excluded Driver
- Healthcare Workforce Management Company ShiftWizard Welcomes New CEO
- California League of Schools Names Cathy Perry as Executive Director
- Unicorn Children's Foundation to host 7 Day Heads or Tails Challenge ft Cedric the Entertainer
- Summit Funding, Inc. Opens New Branch in Red Bluff, California
- NAAFA Fat Community Project Grants
- Start a Chat with Your Phone's Camera
- Medicare No Cost Advantage and Supplement Reviews – MedicareInfoUSA
- The Playdate Dilemma Many Face
- Car Finance Deals Celebrates Its 2nd Birthday And £3 Million Financed Transactions
- Fallen Oklahoma police sergeant to be honored with apparel fundraiser for his family
- Devpal Gupta announces the release of Power of One
- James J. Hoover named to Advisory Board of WomenSV, a nonprofit serving survivors of domestic abuse