Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 385
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 181
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- Ballet Palm Beach Announces 2019-2020 Performance Schedule
- Altered Surfaces at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Polestar Productions LLC Is Making Headlines
- The Carbonell Awards Announces New Officers & Board Members for 2019-2020 Season
- Patagonia Partners with Ocean-Focused Nonprofit for Santa Cruz Event
- Gray's October 2 auction will feature a Van Cleef & Arpels necklace and a Helen Frankenthaler print
- Lynn University launches 2019–20 season of Jan McArt's New Play Readings
- Ballet Theatre of Carmel Academy Named 'Favorite Arts Educator'
- Monumental Sculptures In Steel & Plexiglass By Parisian Sculptor Charlotte Franchisey
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches 2019-2020 Season
Earlier this year the Houston abstract artist, Edgar Medina, was approached with a unique opportunity to create an art experience that would make a journey into space. Partnering with Blue Origin in their race to providing access to space for all, his art traveled aboard the recent New Shepard suborbital vehicle launch and safe return in West Texas.
In planning the "Mission Art" project, Medina explored inspirations from his local city of Houston and its connectivity to the long history of space exploration. Through his planning, he knew that he wanted to involve his volunteer work at the local children's hospitals. Working with Children's Memorial Herman Hospital, one Saturday in February he spent the morning painting with patients of the hospital. This work would be the first step in the project and the strips of canvas that Medina created with the children were sealed into a small metal box, and ready for their space journey.
More on eTradeWire News
- CGI Franchise Launches a New Website
- Comedian Marc Yaffee Brings His Mid-Laugh Crisis Comedy Show To Seattle
- Wireless Mini Recessed Door and Window Security Sensor
- Bystronic Introduces ByStar Fiber Laser Cutter with 12kW Fiber Power
- WIFA Closes $6.2 Million Loan With the City of Peoria
On May 2nd, 2019 Blue Origin performed another test launch of its New Shepard system. Launching from the company's West Texas facility, the rocket with Medina's art aboard launched 65 miles above ground to break into the boundary of space. While high above Earth, space will play its hand in the art as the payload was subject to capsule movement, atmospheric pressure and micro-gravity freedom. The art continued to evolve as the capsule re-entered Earth's atmosphere and successfully landed 10 minutes later.
For the final step in "Mission Art," Medina traveled to the MAX 2019 Space Festival in San Francisco, May 16-19, 2019. Representing the connectivity of Art and Science, Medina retrieved the art from space and incorporated the canvas strips into a final work of art in a live painting experience at the closing night of the festival. The art was auctioned off in support of future MAX events.
Explore more "Mission Art" images here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n73jfcyxtvbqczn/AABQyvPcRRnrl-rLLVb4e-3Ja).
About Edgar Medina
Edgar Medina (http://www.medinaedgar.com/), a Houston abstract artist is originally from Cd. Mante Tamaulipas, Mexico. His originals have shown across the country at galleries in Chicago, New Orleans, Santa Fe and Houston. Medina has been a featured artist at Art Chicago, The Los Angeles Art Show, Art Santa Fe and Red Dot Miami. Last year, Edgar Medina originals helped to raise a substantial amount for Houston area charities including American Cancer Society, MDA, Victory Houston –Cattle Barron's Ball, Foundation for Teen Health / Baylor Medina, JDRF and Tahirih Justice Center.
More on eTradeWire News
- Mrs. Fields Introduces Limited Time Only Fall Cookie: Caramel Pecan
- Scottsdale Philharmonic announces programs for fall concerts
- Susan G. Komen® Miami/Ft. Lauderdale More Than Pink Walk™ Takes Place October 12
- Rachele Royale Featured on the Movie Soundtrack ½ New Year released on Comedy Dynamics Network Scr
- University Archives October 2nd online auction is packed with 240 lots in many collecting categories
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin, LLC (Blue Origin) is a private company developing vehicles and technologies to enable commercial human space transportation. Blue Origin has a long-term vision of greatly increasing the number of people that fly into space so that we humans can better continue exploring the solar system.
- Billerica-based Tint King Provides Info Regarding Hiring Commercial Window Tinting Companies
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards
- Detroit Non-Profits Partner with Local Agency to Support Small Business Growth
- About iRemodel Home Renovations
- Berea BioVentures Announces Collaboration with CMPlus, Inc. To Match Life Science Companies
- Madisonville, KY Pennyrile Technologies Provides an All-in-One Managed IT Solutions
- Texas A&M University and VetNOW Create First Veterinary Telemedicine Program
- Sacred Heart School to hold annual Golf Tournament
- iRemodel Home Renovations and Improvement
- Anytime Fitness College Parkway Raises $6K with 9/11 Push-Up Challenge Benefit
- Identifying Water Meter Tampering Using a Data Logger
- Tampa Bay's Annual Macaroni & Cheese Fall Festival!
- Mantua Manufacturing Announces Rebrand to Rize
- KaTom Growing Again Investing More Than $12 Million
- Attorney Christopher Andrew Corpus has Achieved the AV Preeminent® Rating
- Main Street Waterbury Announces 2019 Main Street Community Partnership Award Recipient, John L. Hopkins, CEO of Post University
- The CMI Group Wins Trial Critical for Accounts Receivable Management
- Eaton Hudson Contracted to Sell Fixed Assets Of Midstate College. Sale Starts October 1st
- How AR/VR Technology is Revolutionizing Employee Safety Training
- Week 4 Shake-Up: All-City Classic 302 Legends League