Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 192
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- New E-Consulting Platform aims to accelerate the Passive House standard in Canada and the US
- CENTRIA Formawall® and Integrated Formavue Windows Enhance Salish Cancer Center Exterior
- Innovative Sign Maker Pushes ADA Signage Industry to Be More Eco-Friendly
- Leana Clifton's "1-in-8" opens At The Veldt Gallery In Marfa Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness
- MHP Structural Engineers Wins 2019 EiSE Award
- Protective Coating for UV, Moisture, Acid Rain, Salt Spray and Extreme Weather Cycling
- Forecasting the future of the office
- Building One at Tech Center Research Park Opens in Virginia
- Is your general contractor capable of progressive construction?
- Fishman & Associates Designs Equipment for Renovated Pool Bar and Outdoor Kitchen at the Sarasota Yacht Club
"AGC ENERGY Select provided the right color range we needed, the right level of reflectance, and the ability to meet required energy code standards," says Jason King, Senior Associate of Cooper Carry, the firm responsible for the design. "The AGC team was very helpful to us in providing the information we needed, the samples, and all other materials in a timely fashion so we could obtain ownership and stakeholder signoff on schedule."
ENERGY Select 28 combines excellent solar control, a neutral appearance, and low reflectivity, making it ideal for a warmer climate like Georgia.
"We used a lot of very clear glass at the lower levels of the hotel to achieve the same level of transparency as retail storefronts," King says. "Higher up, the goal was to create privacy for guests via glass with a low level of reflectance that could also comply with energy code requirements."
More on eTradeWire News
- Olympic Medalist Monica Aksamit Sets Out on 2020 Olympic Quest
- Chief Internet Marketer CEO launches Radio Show
- Wayra Uk: Black Is The New Black
- Hbma Announces Election Of New Board Members
- First Forensic Criminal Tagging System Installed in Florida
ENERGY Select 28 provides exceptional solar blocking performance while maintaining a high level of visible light transmission, maximizing building performance and indoor comfort — a perfect combination for the development, which serves approximately 600 local technology companies.
"Our intent was to design a 4.5-star hotel, incorporated in a location principally catering to a high-end retail area. We wanted to honor and complement the brick, stucco, and glazing used in the larger Avalon development while creating a destination for the clientele who visited specifically for the retail element," King says.
The 325-room hotel and conference space anchors the Avalon development. The Hotel at Avalon contains 44,000 square feet of flexible event space and 10,000 square feet dedicated for exhibit space. It connects directly to the Alpharetta Conference Center, and its amenities include a pool, spa, and South City Kitchen, a Southern-style restaurant.
The Hotel Avalon and Alpharetta Conference Center was completed in late 2017. Cooper Carry provided architectural and design services, and the general contractor was Brasfield & Gorrie. Oldcastle Covington was the fabricator, and the glazing contractor was Gardner Glass and Glazing.
More on eTradeWire News
- The MN Christmas Market at Nicollet Island Pavilion is a Charity Marketplace Featuring MN Brands
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- OFAC, Global Affairs Canada to speak at Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions in Toronto in TWO WEEKS
- The Art Of Untangling Celebrates 2nd Year Publishing Anniversary
- Braces in Exton Available for All-Inclusive Price of $3,995
About AGC Glass North America
AGC Glass is the world's largest manufacturer of glass and glass-related products. The company offers the widest range of flat glass for architectural, interior, and residential applications. AGC Glass North America is part of the AGC Group, employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries. As a global company, AGC leverages its many resources to develop innovative new products and to offer world-class service that is second to none. AGC glass products are available through an extensive network of glass fabricators and window manufacturers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit our website at www.agcglass.com.
Nick Murosky, Director of Content Marketing
- Re-Stem Biotech Research Collaboration Featured on Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures' Website
- NHR Presents at the Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Novi, Michigan
- The New York Stock Exchange edition of the Digital Innovators show features Starcave Global's revolutionary Color Code Security System
- Trump Loving Latino's New Book Encourages Transparent, Well Intentioned Discussion To Bring Americans Closer
- GeoLang Partners with Northdoor plc to deliver award-winning data security solutions
- 'Lost' Guggenheim Portrait Discovered After 93 Years
- LyvEdit, A Unique Real-Time Video Editing App, Launches On iOS
- Create an instant retail pop-up store with WaveLine Merchandiser display kits available at Best Tradeshow Display
- Never Ending Summer is more then just a tour, its a rock album
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
- The Survival Sign Publishes New Facebook Business Page
- Ben Byron Davis of Red Dead Redemption II joins The Grindhouse Radio
- Jared Goff to Donate $1,000 per Touchdown to Support California Strong
- Steeves and Associates Invited to Attend Microsoft Identity-Driven Security Airlift Event
- Children's Services Foundation of SWFL makes first grants to help fill service gaps
- CGI Franchise Launches a New Website