Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 318
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 241
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 229
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 217
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 202
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 192
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 167
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 159
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
- CrittEar Unveils Calm, Dog Earplugs
Similar on eTradeWire
- Mofas Publishes Its First Stable Release In Chrome Web Store
- International Businessman Blazes New Trails in eCommerce with Innovative Home Furnishings
- Siding Company Helps Prepare Local Homes & Businesses for Winter
- A Thousand Ways to Save Energy - And $$$$
- Introducing Tulsa Pampered Chef
- Why Is HVAC Cleaning Maintenance Important?
- Women Today Are Less Aware Of Their Heart Disease Risk
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
According to Elizabeth Detampel, Sales and Marketing Specialist, Sussex IM, "Recent health concerns have led to less – but larger – trips to the supermarket, more weekly meal-planning, and the addition of new foods and flavors to household repertoires. At the same time, buying in larger quantities – and less frequently – puts added emphasis on enhanced food storage tactics."
A recent article in Food Manufacturing Magazine states that 88 percent of consumers do more at-home cooking since shelter-in-place began earlier this year, and 72 percent have lessened the frequency of their grocery shopping. Yet only 57 percent have reorganized their pantries, freezers and refrigerators.
Such disorder leads to waste and, according to the EPA, there is lots of it: America throws away more than 38 million tons of food annually, an amount equal to the weight of 104 Empire State Buildings, with a dollar value of $218 billion (Natural Resources Defense Council). In addition, the research firm OnePol reports that the average American dumps nearly $55 of spoiled food a week.
More on eTradeWire News
- EVENT - How and Why Activist Lawyers "Sue The Bastards"
- Jackson Rathbone's "DO NOT REPLY", launches Break Out Star: Elise Luthman
- Investment Mortgage Loans for Investors Investing Outside Asia
- Question Time for Rwanda's President Paul Kagame
- Did LightskinKeisha Clone Georgia Rapper Flii Boi Breeze's Song "Get In Dea"?
"We are buying more, and doing it less frequently, receiving more food deliveries, and trying new food products," Detampel said. "According to U.S. Department of Agriculture statistics, over three out of four consumers forget what is in their fridge, or can't find it. And that means waste. American fridges are unorganized. The good news is that Mr. Lid is here to help. As people seek new food storage options, our online sales have had a dramatic increase this year. Some major retailers are looking at adding Mr Lid to their shelves."
The company's Wisconsin-made Mr. Lid storage containers are secure, air-tight, easy to stack, microwave and dishwasher safe. They are sold in stores, online, and via www.MrLid.com.
"Men, women and children are involved in food prep and storage these days, and all appreciate the key benefit of Mr. Lid containers: the lid is permanently attached by a state-of-the-art, Sussex-developed 'living hinge'," added Keith Everson, CEP. Sussex IM. "This eliminates a common consumer frustration – lost lids."
Further, each Mr. Lid container is BPA-free, crafted to last more than 100 industrial dishwashing cycles, recyclable, and leak-resistant, thanks to the company's proprietary air-tight seal technology. The containers come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors.
More on eTradeWire News
- FDA approval wrist blood pressure monitor for everyone
- Cardiff Auto Wreckers Announce Company Extension
- Identity: The Podcast Consuming the Industry
- Southwest Florida marketing professionals honored with Angel Awards for excellence in public service
- bestchineseutotor offers learning Chinese online
Food Storage the Mr. Lid Way
According to Sussex IM's Detampel, there are easy ways to streamline in-fridge organization, reduce waste and save time searching for ingredients – with the right food storage containers, of course.
- First-in/first-out" food prep: Place your oldest foods in the front of the fridge, and plan meals around those ingredients first. This reduces the chance of wasteful (and icky) back-of-the-fridge "science experiments".
- Keep leftovers in the front of your fridge. Label your Mr. Lid containers with tape. Put the eat-by date on the container. Generally, leftovers keep well for up to four days, according to the prestigious Harvard School of Public Health.
- Prep veggies as soon as you purchase them -- wash, chop, and dry. Then Mr. Lid them. "Let's face it (we've all been guilty of this): immediately stuffing them into the produce bins of your fridge increases the chance that you'll forget about them and not use them at peak freshness," said Detampel.
SussexIM is a full-service, fully automated supplier that solves problems to satisfy consumer needs. SussexIM 's capabilities include B-to-B and, now, B-to-C. The company was founded in 1977 and has experienced annual double-digit growth in recent years.
- New Research Reveals TN K-12 Students Need Math Help
- Community Hospice & Palliative Care Welcomes New Team To Serve the Alachua Community
- Doctors Launch Online Course to Fight Chronic Inflammation and Disease
- Impact Fund Genuine Interest Announces Strategic Investment in American Homebuilders of West Africa
- Adam Ereth, candidate for Mesa Water Board, District 2
- Andy Hueller and INtense Publications Announce the Release of Life in Increments
- Income Property Organization forms new partnership with District Capital
- Durand Bernarr New Album "DUR&" Premieres at #1 on Apple Music R&B Albums
- Closet Tec's 2020 Wallace E. Smith Young Designer Scholarship
- Letter written by Albert Einstein in 1943 condemning racism and segregation in the U.S. is for sale
- Laura Ruszkiewicz Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- Ladies - Here is How to Elevate Your Wardrobe
- TVS Nostalgia Network Adds Jackie Gleason Portfolio of Legendary Shows to Post Cable Network
- Guadalupe Center announces date, sponsorship opportunities for 'Circtacular' virtual event
- Author Ev Bishop Releases New Holiday Romance – Christmas Dreams
- Airlines Misrepresent COVID Risks From Flying - Expert
- Spectra360 Named To The Staffing Industry Analysts List Of Fastest-Growing US Staffing Firms
- Lake Tahoe Homeowner Sues Real Estate Brokers Alleging Fraud & Conspiracy in Property Transaction
- Rhoda Weiss, Ph.D., Joins Editorial Advisory Board of Strategic Health Care Marketing
- JK2 Construction named to Orlando Business Journal's Golden 100 list