Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 197
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris 163
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware 145
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host 141
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall 136
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities 128
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man" 128
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off 117
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition 111
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries
Similar on eTradeWire
- Visionary Author Dives Deep into the Underworld
- Take A Perilous Quest To Another World In "The Changeling's Daughter" By Author R. Chris Reeder
- The Islander Gift Store in Fort Myers Beach now carries Fortune Cookie Art
- MEDITATION FOR CHILDREN by Shelley Wilson Introduces Visual Mindfulness to Children
- Get a Case of FREE Chocolate Wine With PR Promos Services
- "Homo Cosmicus: A Science Fiction Novel"
- Ward Morehouse III Dies; Noted NY Author, Journalist, Drama Critic, Playwright, Publicist
- The Ghost and the Wolf by Shelly X. Leonn
- Retribution - Book 1 of The Donaghey Brothers series
- The Imagine Gift Store in Naples, Florida Now Carries Fortune Cookie Art
A Miracle at Dachau: My Opa's Story (https://amiracleatdachau.com/) tells the riveting story of her grandfather (her Opa) and his time in the infamous Dachau prison camp. A French gentile, Simon Johann Haupt was living in Germany with his wife and daughters in 1933 when he and some friends dared to resist the terrorism of the Third Reich that was starting to destroy the fabric of their peaceful community and would continue to do so for the next decade plus. His subsequent arrest and imprisonment (and the miracle that saved his life) is a compelling story of that awful period in world history.
"History books don't often talk about the spirit of the unknown hero, and they remain unrecognized shadows in our past unless we talk about them and make them known."
More on eTradeWire News
- NGBN.TV to Launch Connected TV Apps
- Impact Mailing Club Review | What Is Impact Mailing Club
- New Jersey State Children's Chorus to hold Open House for interested singers
- En Bloc Capsulectomy is becoming a common procedure
- ROCK Properties Announces Benefit Of Selling a House Directly To a Local Austin Real Estate Investor
Those words, spoken from her grandfather, compelled Laurin to make sure others knew what he had experienced firsthand.
"Every one of us that stood up to Hitler paid a heavy price. There were many a good man that sat back and did nothing, maybe they felt helpless, afraid, I don't know, " said Simon Haupt.
"My grandfather remained a dignified Frenchman to the very end, standing up for what he believed in. As he shared his experiences with me on a long train ride we took in Germany, other passengers heard his story and they, too, were overcome with emotion upon hearing some of the more gruesome details. I knew then his story had to be written down and shared with the world. I'm now working on the sequel to this memoir because there is more that he shared with me regarding what happened after he was released from Dachau."
"After my Opa passed away from various illnesses he dealt with for years after his imprisonment, I was determined that his passing would have greater meaning beyond just my family's understanding and knowledge of our past," said Laurin. "I hope people read this book and realize the depth of the atrocities many brave people like my grandfather had to endure in the fight against oppression."
More on eTradeWire News
- Sem Link Awarded $10,000 Stem Grant From Jack And Jill Of America Foundation
- QLAdmin Solutions Chosen to Modernize Operations for William Penn Association
- We Sell Restaurants Sells Nona's Sweets of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Kambrian Corporation Awarded Three-Year Software Contract with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- Kambrian Becomes Licensed to Perform Low-Voltage Services in the States of CA, NV, WA, and FL
"Most of us heard about Hitler's atrocities against the Jews when we were in school, but little is known regarding the way that members of the Third Reich turned against anyone that dared defy them in the early years of their regime. This book is also an excellent example of how performing just one act of kindness can have life-saving consequences, as evidenced by the miraculous turn of events that allowed my grandfather to be released from Dachau," she explained.
Laurin Haupt is available to speak about her grandfather's experiences as a political prisoner. If you or your organization would like to schedule a talk or a media interview with Ms. Haupt or have books for your book club or group, please contact her publisher's representative. A Miracle at Dachau: My Opa's Story is available on the web sites of Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Publisher's Contact: Linda Hinkle Phone: 832-372-3452
Email: LindaHinkle@GhostwritersNetwork.com Publish Date: Spring 2019
- Friedman Marketing and Public Relations Joins Unified Strategies Public Relations Network
- Neurology Associates Earns MRI Certification from Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Motivation Depot Announces the Launch of their new Weight Loss Accountability & Support Club
- R&B/Pop Recording Artist Tanya Nolan Set to Release New Single 'I Like' on August 23
- 19" Outdoor Waterproof Sunlight Readable Monitor, Ideal for Any Environment
- Universal Data Acquisition System Controls Hydraulic Pressure Test
- Richard Hawkins Joins Triad Financial Services as SVP of Loan Servicing
- 2019 Grand Master Marketer Recipient Wins Big With Excellent Digital and Marketing Solutions Partner
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries!
- Vitor Zucco Schizzi of Foundation CCB wins Brazilian National Championships
- Uply Media, Inc Introduces Fisher Island Florida To Digital Luxury Real Estate
- The Autocycle Reimagined: Announcing Mash Motor Company and the Alpha
- Tarps Now® Industrial Divider Curtains in High Demand
- Uply Media, Inc Launches Blockchain Domains CryptoAssets Marketplace
- Invision Security Group Partners with Software House
- Salon Invi wins Two Best of the North Shore Editor's Choice Awards from Northshore Magazine
- Volunteers Brighten Up Atlanta Homeless Shelter
- KoKyu's Second Location Brings Self-Pour Craft Beer to South Durham
- Sack tip station for dust-free material handling