Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 181
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 161
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 152
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 151
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 149
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 121
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated
Similar on eTradeWire
- Standard Travel Salaries Jump 7.5% In 2018
- Top Locations for Viewing Cherry Blossoms in Japan North of Tokyo
- Belize Real Estate Investing: The Time is Right to Make Your Move
- Places on 2019 expeditions to the Himalayas, Amazon and Yukon now available
- Book your stay for 6 nights and enjoy a free extended night at the Bahama Beach Club
- Some things should be remember before on American Airlines with your pet-Ysupportnumber
- Napa Valley Airstream Dream Team Hits the Road to Give Back
- Top 50 Jamaica Travel Specialists
- Do Not Miss Your Chance Of Owning A Piece of Paradise in Belize
- Morpher Flatfold ™ the game-changing folding bike and scooter helmet that every cyclist and e-scooter rider needs
Theater getaway with a 'good man' and a Scrooge
Plan a holiday theater weekend to catch a beloved holiday production. The award-winning Ragged Edge Community presents "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at 7 p.m. on Nov. 9-10 and 16-17 and at 3 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 18. This show will be followed by "A Christmas Carol," featuring everyone's favorite Humbug, at 7 p.m. on Dec. 7-8 and 3 p.m. on Dec. 9.
Make it a double billing with a visit to Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill for its Savor and Stroll, Nov. 9-10 and 16-17, including a spirited stroll to the Shaker cemetery followed by music, roasted marshmallows and hot toddies around the fire pit on the Trustees' Lawn.
A getaway to the Village and the Fort
Old Fort Harrod State Park's free-admission Holiday Open House takes place 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Tour the fort, illuminated softly with candle lanterns, and visit with Santa Claus, sitting next to the fireplace in the corner blockhouse. Shop the fort's gift shop, where all merch is 10 percent off, and enjoy cider and cookies.
Arrive in Harrodsburg in time to have lunch at the Olde Bus Station, a historic landmark famous for its Big Daddy Burgers, kid-pleasing fried chicken tenders and homemade banana ice cream. Afterward, drop by Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill and become a Holiday Greenery Helper. From 2-4 p.m. visitors can help the Village get ready for the holidays, assembling fresh-cut greenery to make swags to decorate The Historic Centre. Best of all, you can make one then take one as thanks for helping. (Event is included with Village admission.)
More on eTradeWire News
- Pallett Valo expands its international connectivity by joining Geneva Group International (GGI)
- Pure Depello LLC, Officially Shutters Colorado and Arizona Business and Dissolves
- Innocent Lives Foundation hires Shane McCombs as COO and adds Robin Dreeke, former head of FBI Behavioral Analysis Program, to Board of Directors
- Allied Wallet Listed as a Key Player in $33.25 Billion Payment Gateway Market
- Medic-CE Boosts Fire Continuing Education Training with Clarion UX Fire & Rescue Group Partnership
- "There Is No Here" by Jeremy Orlando is published
- SUSIE CASTELLINI JOINS Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty
Merry little family Christmas getaway
Pile the family into the "front-wheel drive sleigh" on Friday, Nov. 30, for an old-fashioned Christmas getaway filled with small-town fun in downtown Harrodsburg. Begin by fueling up with soup and sandwiches at the Christmas Tea Room at Morgan Row, open until 2 p.m.
Next is Old Fort Harrod State Park and its full-scale replica of a 1774 fort to wander the grounds, explore the cabins and blockhouses and browse the gift shop. With a huge variety of fun, appealing and affordable items, this is a great place to let the kids shop for those on their Christmas lists. Mom and Dad can check off items on their own lists at the Art Council of Mercer County's "Thirty Under $30 Shopping" event.
Pop into the Kentucky Fudge Company for some hot chocolate and a snack before Harrodsburg's "The Joy of Christmas" Parade at 6:30 p.m. Then head to the Christmas Lights of Bondville Display on Bondville Road to see antique lights with a modern twist, all set to Christmas music on 93.7 FM radio.
No place like 'Homes' for the holiday getaway
Harrodsburg's 27th Annual Holiday Homes Tour will showcase grand homes trimmed in beautiful holiday décor. Held 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, and sponsored by the Harrodsburg Historical Society, the tour features properties that have a history or story to tell: Mansion Museum (Old Fort Harrod State Park), Ruby's Jewel Box, The Big Spring, Thomas Logan House (Anderson-Dean Community Park), Vickie's Mayo Country Store, New Providence Presbyterian Church and Warwick, (Moses Jones/Clay Lancaster Home). The Christmas Tea Room will be open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. with its a menu of homemade sandwiches, soups, beverages and desserts.
Check into the Beaumont Inn, a gracious home-away-from-home for travelers for nearly 100 years and resplendent in garlands, holly and lights. In the Main Dining Room of this James Beard Foundation's America's Classic Award recipient, enjoy a Kentucky Christmas feast of "Yellow-Legged" fried chicken and two-year-old Kentucky-cured country ham and Beaumont Inn corn pudding. Nip into the inn's richly appointed English-style pub for a nightcap of fine Kentucky bourbon. Next morning, enjoy brunch specialties like vanilla sorghum French toast with bourbon sauce or cathead biscuits and gravy.
More on eTradeWire News
- Detectamet, Pocklington based detectable products manufacturer, appoint new Sales Manager
- Wrights GPX announce 'Cost Price POS Clearance' for Trade Customers
- Miss America's Ugly Daughter: Bess Myerson & Me
- Wrights GPX announces January Slatwall stock clearance
- Small Businesses Become More Productive in 2019 With ezAccounting Software From Halfpricesoft.com
- Jacob Tolliver Brings Unique Story to Mainstage Theater at Pheasant Run
- International Keynote Speaker Christina Aldan Nominated for 2019 Best Motivational Speaker/Coach
'The Holidays at Shaker Village' getaway
From Dec. 1-31, Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill presents The Holidays @ Shaker Village, featuring Illuminated Evenings, a special time designed to remind us all of life's simple gifts shared with family and friends and long-ago winter days filled with wonder and laughter. The Village will be filled with lively music and merriment, trimmed with fresh-cut greenery and algow with twinkling lights.
Plan a weekend getaway to include a holiday meal or afternoon tea – including Children's Tea Time with Mrs. Claus – along with jingle bell shuttle rides, holiday discounts in The Shops and Saturday workshops where you can make a special gift – hand-tied broom, holiday reed star or beeswax candle and soaps – for someone on your list.
Request a Holiday Calendar of Events from the Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission or visit www.HarrodsburgKY.com and click on the Calendar of Events. Book a holiday stay at The Inn at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, gracious Beaumont Inn, Bright Leaf Golf Resort or at one of Harrodsburg's many other lodgings options.
Karen Hackett (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), Executive Director
Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission (http://www.harrodsburgky.com/)
800-355-9192 or 859-734-2364
HI- and LOW-RES photos available.
ABOUT HARRODSBURG, KY (http://www.harrodsburgky.com/) | Surrounded by the bourbon and craft distilleries of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®, Harrodsburg provides an official stop on the Trail at the Beaumont Inn. Lemons Mill Brewery put it on the Brewgrass Trail. Sip moonshine at Olde Towne Distillery; visit more than a dozen wineries in the region.
Karen Hackett, Executive Director
- New Injection Molded, Waterproof Custom iMac Case Coming Soon from SKB Cases
- Sun Acquisitions has been engaged to sell a knife and blade fabricator
- Spark Design Awards Announced At Winners Celebration
- Phase 4 site work now underway at Nobility Crest at Ocean Township
- Two Banking Professionals Join the Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors
- CDL drug test requirements begin prior to employment
- National Marriage Week (February 7-14)
- Top Locations for Viewing Cherry Blossoms in Japan North of Tokyo
- Agency on Aging Northeastern Illinois to Host Advocacy Breakfast for Older Adults and Caregivers
- Dental hygiene for kids begins with teaching them at a young age
- Laptop Parts Website In Full Swing
- Wood Palace Kitchens to host "Health Kick in the Kitchen" on Jan. 23rd
- Voluntary Disclosure Program; CRA that can either save you or destroy you!
- Hard bridge sleeves from MECA provide imprint flexibility
- South Shore Habitat for Humanity names Michael Burman as Director of Finance and Administration
- Collaborations Beers with Georgetown Brewing to Headline Chinese New Year at Lucky Envelo
- Keri Systems Inc. Welcomes Northeast Regional Sales Manager
- Tech startup Surf launches rideshare entertainment tablets in Dallas
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Santa Monica United FC as SoCal Expansion Team
- Lambs Farm Breaks Holiday Record