Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 219
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 210
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 181
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 131
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 110
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
- Why Menfi, Italy, should be your next favorite wine destination
- SpiceRoads Cycling launches new Women Only and Solo Only trips
- Salaries Dip As Travel Jobs Market Cools In February
- Immigration Attorney Magdalena Cuprys explains how to bring your Fiance/Fiancee to the U.S
- San Miguel De Allende To Celebrate Reign As 'American Cultural Capital' For 2019 With Events Throughout Year
- Most Popular Vacation Style in Mediterranean
- NAORCA Worldwide - Assisting businesses to help reduce, theft, fraud and cybercrime
- Placencia: Where Belize Expats Turn Dreams into Beginnings
- Magdalena Cuprys, Esq. wins bond for immigration client in removal proceedings
Theater getaway with a 'good man' and a Scrooge
Plan a holiday theater weekend to catch a beloved holiday production. The award-winning Ragged Edge Community presents "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at 7 p.m. on Nov. 9-10 and 16-17 and at 3 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 18. This show will be followed by "A Christmas Carol," featuring everyone's favorite Humbug, at 7 p.m. on Dec. 7-8 and 3 p.m. on Dec. 9.
Make it a double billing with a visit to Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill for its Savor and Stroll, Nov. 9-10 and 16-17, including a spirited stroll to the Shaker cemetery followed by music, roasted marshmallows and hot toddies around the fire pit on the Trustees' Lawn.
A getaway to the Village and the Fort
Old Fort Harrod State Park's free-admission Holiday Open House takes place 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Tour the fort, illuminated softly with candle lanterns, and visit with Santa Claus, sitting next to the fireplace in the corner blockhouse. Shop the fort's gift shop, where all merch is 10 percent off, and enjoy cider and cookies.
Arrive in Harrodsburg in time to have lunch at the Olde Bus Station, a historic landmark famous for its Big Daddy Burgers, kid-pleasing fried chicken tenders and homemade banana ice cream. Afterward, drop by Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill and become a Holiday Greenery Helper. From 2-4 p.m. visitors can help the Village get ready for the holidays, assembling fresh-cut greenery to make swags to decorate The Historic Centre. Best of all, you can make one then take one as thanks for helping. (Event is included with Village admission.)
More on eTradeWire News
- SmileyAnswers™ Joins The Beryl Institute Community
- ReCap NY Secured $20MM In Financing For Major Funeral Home Client
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, April 6th and 7th, in downtown Los Angeles
- infinimesh announces the go-live of a new type of IoT platform: fully Open Source, low code and highly scalable. All whilst being extremely secure
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
Merry little family Christmas getaway
Pile the family into the "front-wheel drive sleigh" on Friday, Nov. 30, for an old-fashioned Christmas getaway filled with small-town fun in downtown Harrodsburg. Begin by fueling up with soup and sandwiches at the Christmas Tea Room at Morgan Row, open until 2 p.m.
Next is Old Fort Harrod State Park and its full-scale replica of a 1774 fort to wander the grounds, explore the cabins and blockhouses and browse the gift shop. With a huge variety of fun, appealing and affordable items, this is a great place to let the kids shop for those on their Christmas lists. Mom and Dad can check off items on their own lists at the Art Council of Mercer County's "Thirty Under $30 Shopping" event.
Pop into the Kentucky Fudge Company for some hot chocolate and a snack before Harrodsburg's "The Joy of Christmas" Parade at 6:30 p.m. Then head to the Christmas Lights of Bondville Display on Bondville Road to see antique lights with a modern twist, all set to Christmas music on 93.7 FM radio.
No place like 'Homes' for the holiday getaway
Harrodsburg's 27th Annual Holiday Homes Tour will showcase grand homes trimmed in beautiful holiday décor. Held 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, and sponsored by the Harrodsburg Historical Society, the tour features properties that have a history or story to tell: Mansion Museum (Old Fort Harrod State Park), Ruby's Jewel Box, The Big Spring, Thomas Logan House (Anderson-Dean Community Park), Vickie's Mayo Country Store, New Providence Presbyterian Church and Warwick, (Moses Jones/Clay Lancaster Home). The Christmas Tea Room will be open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. with its a menu of homemade sandwiches, soups, beverages and desserts.
Check into the Beaumont Inn, a gracious home-away-from-home for travelers for nearly 100 years and resplendent in garlands, holly and lights. In the Main Dining Room of this James Beard Foundation's America's Classic Award recipient, enjoy a Kentucky Christmas feast of "Yellow-Legged" fried chicken and two-year-old Kentucky-cured country ham and Beaumont Inn corn pudding. Nip into the inn's richly appointed English-style pub for a nightcap of fine Kentucky bourbon. Next morning, enjoy brunch specialties like vanilla sorghum French toast with bourbon sauce or cathead biscuits and gravy.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jesse Carmichael To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday March 27th, 2019
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
- First Choice Announces DBE Certification
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Local Company Concerned for Peoples Security after Facebook Password breach
'The Holidays at Shaker Village' getaway
From Dec. 1-31, Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill presents The Holidays @ Shaker Village, featuring Illuminated Evenings, a special time designed to remind us all of life's simple gifts shared with family and friends and long-ago winter days filled with wonder and laughter. The Village will be filled with lively music and merriment, trimmed with fresh-cut greenery and algow with twinkling lights.
Plan a weekend getaway to include a holiday meal or afternoon tea – including Children's Tea Time with Mrs. Claus – along with jingle bell shuttle rides, holiday discounts in The Shops and Saturday workshops where you can make a special gift – hand-tied broom, holiday reed star or beeswax candle and soaps – for someone on your list.
Request a Holiday Calendar of Events from the Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission or visit www.HarrodsburgKY.com and click on the Calendar of Events. Book a holiday stay at The Inn at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, gracious Beaumont Inn, Bright Leaf Golf Resort or at one of Harrodsburg's many other lodgings options.
Karen Hackett (mailto:email@example.com), Executive Director
Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission (http://www.harrodsburgky.com/)
800-355-9192 or 859-734-2364
HI- and LOW-RES photos available.
ABOUT HARRODSBURG, KY (http://www.harrodsburgky.com/) | Surrounded by the bourbon and craft distilleries of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®, Harrodsburg provides an official stop on the Trail at the Beaumont Inn. Lemons Mill Brewery put it on the Brewgrass Trail. Sip moonshine at Olde Towne Distillery; visit more than a dozen wineries in the region.
Karen Hackett, Executive Director
- First Annual Schaumburg Health Summit Scheduled for 2019
- March Open for Business®: The four stages of social media issue and crisis management
- Homestake Capital receives 5 FAME Awards
- Jazz Guitarist Fareed Haque to Tour Several Cities
- United Premier Soccer League Announces South Florida Expansion with Atletico Miami Club de Futbol
- Quassy Opens For 111th Season April 27
- Findability Sciences extends its AI reach with an investment in work heuristics platform WorkDone
- Convey Launches Channel Partner Program for Web Portal Solutions
- 45th Conejo Valley Home Remodeling Show Coming To Westlake Village April 13 & 14
- Harold Mintz Joins the Classic Exhibits Family
- Northern Los Angeles Marketing Firm Making Waves in 2019
- Keller Williams Realty Select Announces KWRS International Real Estate Group
- Announcing GraviTsheets WordPress Plugin
- Carpet Cleaning near you from CJ Frank Carpet Cleaning
- Certified Tax Professional, Jon Neal, Hits Amazon Best-Seller List with Keep It!
- Rachel and Javier Garcia, PURE IBOs, are living their dream and helping others do the same
- Imagination Park Partners with Microsoft to Deliver Augmented Reality to Businesses of all Sizes
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Boys & Girls Club receives Health Champion Award
- Carol Allen, PURE IBO, leads with purpose, heart and vision