Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 132
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 111
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 103
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Ratifies Distinguished Ethical Jewelry Pledge
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- Strat-O-Matic: Dallas, Toronto, Boston Close Out NBA Series With Game Seven Wins
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc., Implements Cash Referral Program
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
Similar on eTradeWire
- TREEHAUS is planning to reopen on Friday, May 29th 2020
- Fashinnovation To Host 2nd Worldwide Talks 2020 Virtual Summit, And 3D Runway Show On World Environment & Oceans Day
- Apparel company to donate $9.5K to family of Texas police officer killed in April ambush shooting
- Why Off the rack wedding dresses in Sacramento is a good choice for future brides?
- Spirit Jersey® Introduces Collaboration with Compton Cowboys℠
- Charity raises more than $31K for family of slain Nevada sergeant
- 10th Annual Spring Yarn Community Event!
- 1 Million Virtual Eyewear Try-Ons (and counting!) - a Revolutionary online shopping tool
- American lifestyle brand Shield Republic donates $20K in memory of Washington State Patrol Trooper
- Fundraiser for Cincinnati-area police officer killed during car chase raises more than $11K
Until about a week ago, I really thought that some of the everchanging factors for ranking well were legitimate. Content, speed, backlinks, age of site, optimization and so forth; I truly believed what was written we should pay attention to. I have long felt that a powerful company such as Google can toy with your livelihood, so I continued to research every time an article or someone in the SEO blogs pointed me in the right direction of completing my quest: What is wrong with my site, Pegeen.com, because it is the largest US manufacture of flower girl dresses, the largest site devoted to flower girl dresses, the first site registered about flower girl dresses, heck - when I first had my site, way back then in early 1996, we had to explain to the bank that we needed a way online to charge customers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Socially Wize Selects Phenixx Marketing as PR & Creative Agency of Record
- Colombo Dockyard Ship Repair and Building operations return to New-Normal Levels
- Leonardo & SMi webinar Adapting to the new normal – managing cyber risks to the Utilities Sector
- Empowering Global Ministries Selects Phenixx Marketing as Creative Partner
In it's infancy, Google was pretty fair and true to it's mission of producing good "organic search results". As I am sure you all noticed, that is no longer true for small and midsized companies no matter how carefully they follow the "rules".
An article I read in 2018 by Charles Duhigg called "The Case Against Google" put more fuel on my fire. (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/magazine/the-case-against-google.html . Duhigg writes: "Shortly after Foundem.com went online, one executive <at Google> issued an order: Henceforth, Google's own price-comparison results should appear at the top of many search pages, as quickly as possible, even if that meant disregarding the natural results of the company's search algorithm." Was this my proof?
Fast forward to 2019, I did a lot more investigation. I was pointed in the direction of checking speed etc on a new site I didn't know about previously called GT METRIX. My speed, at least for desktop, wasn't bad. Mobile needed some work but then I decided to compare with companies beating my score but on the 1st page, thinking I would find them to be near 100%. I was astonished at the results. NOT A SINGLE ONE HAD GOTTEN ANYWHERE CLOSE TO OUR SITE SPEED. The number one (David s Bridal) was a mere 38%! I dug down some 5-6 pages - same thing. My speed in most cases were faster, a lot faster.
Further, I found that ALL of these so called SERPS ahead of my site (we do not advertise) ALL performed with failing or near failing grades for speed optimization - which is supposed to be THE highest factor for ranking high in google.
More on eTradeWire News
- One Caribbean TV Journalist Melissa Noel Leads the State of Tourism Panel Discussion Hosted by CACAF
- AI education technology company KSolve launches Kickstarter campaign
- Exclusive interview with Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt "Catching up with Natalie & Katherine"
- How to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Orange County Lemon Law Attorney Luis Aguirre Launches Spanish Version of its Website
I then discovered SPYFU.com and discovered my competitors are spending tens of thousands, some even HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars in pay per click PER MONTH …. Yep, I said it, true SERPS are false, phoney, fake, slanted to Pay For Pay. And although they are not specifically targeting "flower girl dresses" for their sponsored ad, there are even some spending an estimated $600k a MONTH on click ads. What I HAD thought was, again expressed by Charles Duhigg, that Google was "effectively an advertising system that prominently features links only from companies that pay for the promotion" but they would clearly marked as sponsored results. Might I add that this should be better phrased as Google slants their pay per click revenue across all of their advertising platforms as an Organic Search Result outside of the sponsored links.
So, I pose this to congress – even though I get how paying for clicks does raise your rank, isn't this unfair, as in Pay Per Click? Again, I humbly ask that you give this thought. If SERPS are supposed to be clear results of a search without regard to advertising spent at Google, then is my research misguided?
Are we, small businesses, getting further sent to desert wasteland of search results by Google, and most importantly, has Congress in their hearings last quarter asked the wrong questions of CEO Pichai of Google?
"Is the American public being cheated out of genuine search engine results in favor of Pay For Play by Google?"
Well, this article will probably cause my company to drop even further but I refuse to go quietly into that good night. If you would like to see all those pretty graphics to support my claim please contact me though our contact page. This is a shortened version of one I published on my blog. For full details, go to https://www.pegeen.com/flower-girl-dresses-blog/
Marg Hyland, Founder
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- "The Adventures of Mr Shakolokobangoshay" by Justus E. Amadiegwu is published
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Global rollout for Pcdata's Pick-to-Light Systems at meal kit company Marley Spoon
- Hello Lady, a True American Rock Band
- KDG IT Team in Allentown Helping Remote Workforces Stay Connected
- SmartGateVC Will Establish a Start-Up Tech Accelerator in Glendale Called Hero House Glendale
- Elementary School Teacher Earns Doctorate of Education Degree
- RC Diedrich and Tremain Hayhoe Discuss Succeeding No Matter What
- Local HVAC Rep Welcomes Lennox International Rep to the Team
- Babirad's Companion Journal Helps Readers Coupe Through Words
- Property from the estate of June D. Winkler will be sold online by Andrew Jones Auctions, June 16th
- Nicole Rogas, Senior Vice President at Experian Health, joins Nuevozen Advisory Board
- WHIP IT, SIP IT! Virtual Wine Tasting with Gerald Casale, Co-Founder of Rock Band Devo & Proprietor of The 50 by 50 Winery in Napa Valley
- Amidst Covid19 FRS Environmental Helps Southern CA Safely Dispose of Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste
- NSG Allows Your Business to Outsource its IT Needs
- AdviCoach SE Michigan: Surviving and Thriving in COVID-19
- PureBites® Donates $500,000 Worth of Dog and Cat Treats to Toronto Humane Society and ASPCA
- Nurses, Others Call on NCGA to Pass the SAVE Act
- 7 of The Most Common Construction Projects