Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 119
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Two Ways Home, starring Tanna Frederick and Tom Bower an official Women Texas Film Festival selection will be screening on Saturday, August 17th
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- GA Gov visits Atlanta area community health center saving eyesight of under served Georgians
- C&B Capital Invests in Largest Chronic Care Management Provider, ChartSpan
- Hundreds take to social media to pledge a month of Wellness
- eMeasures360™ version 9.0 Achieves ONC HIT 2015 Edition Modular EHR Certification
- Medicom Health Achieves HITRUST CSF Certification to Mitigate Risk in Third Party Privacy, S
- Dina Saalisi Healing Arts Offers Flower Essences Healing Sessions in Los Angeles
- NCHEC Achieves Re-Accreditation from the International Accreditation Service (IAS), Celebrates "Cu
- Anchorage Chiropractor Offers Free Chiropractic Consultation to Veterans
The Radiothon, broadcast live by Cat Country 107.1 from Mel's Diner in Fort Myers, generates support for Barbara's Friends – Golisano Children's Hospital Cancer Fund. Barbara's Friends provides equipment, medical services, therapeutic activities and financial help through the Kimmie's Angels Family Assistance Program so parents can focus on helping their children get well.
Since its inception in 2003, the Lee Health Foundation has raised $2.7 million through the Helping Kids with Cancer Radiothon.
"Every dollar we raised at Radiothon will stay right here in this community to help children being treated at Golisano Children's Hospital," said Al Kinkle, chairman of Barbara's Friends. "It's heartwarming to see this community rally together for a cause. Supporters recognize that every donation, large or small, can potentially save a child's life."
Golisano Children's Hospital does not deny treatment for any child as a result of their family's inability to pay.
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Dexan Queen of Speed" by Dr Fy is published
- Recipe for Success in Playtacular's Refreshing New Root Beer Float Challenge Game
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- "iCrime Uber" by Ian Purdie is published
Co-hosted by Cat Country 107.1 FM on-air personalities Mike Tyler and Amy Lynn, donors made pledges through the telephone, website and text messages. All five Mel's Diner locations in Southwest Florida offered special $5 Radiothon breakfasts, and the restaurant offered exclusive deals and discounts to patrons in exchange for donations. Lake Michigan Credit Union, Valvoline, Fox4, Dunkin' and other corporate partners also contributed to Radiothon, making this year's event one of the top-grossing Radiothons to date.
Throughout the day, Cat Country listeners and Mel's guests heard from doctors, nurses, hospital administrators, celebrity guests, pediatric cancer patients and their families, each of whom shared compelling stories of hope and healing.
Barbara's Friends is named in honor of the late Barbara Haskell, a breast cancer patient who was in awe of the bravery displayed by children who were battling cancer. Now 24 years later, Southwest Florida children have access to Golisano Children's Hospital, a 128-bed facility with a comprehensive list of pediatric services, including a 24-hour pediatric emergency department, hematology-oncology unit, milk lab, Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, and Level II and Level III NICU with 64 private rooms. It was named Soliant's 2018 Most Beautiful Hospital in the U.S. and has been named a "Top Hospital" by The Leapfrog Group for the past three years.
More on eTradeWire News
- Attivo Networks® to Present on Deception-Based Threat Detection at ILTACON 2019
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- Can smelling good change your life?
- Enmarket to Raise Funds Throughout August for LLS's Light the Night
- Newark will Host National Opportunity Zone Pitch Competition on October 17
"Golisano Children's Hospital wouldn't exist if not for the generosity of Southwest Florida residents, businesses and philanthropic organizations," said Armando Llechu, the hospital's chief administrative officer. "Donations not only helped build a beautiful, world-class medical facility, but they've helped fund exceptional health care programs and specialized services that otherwise wouldn't be offered anywhere within a two-hour drive."
Lee Health Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Lee Health, has a host of upcoming fundraising opportunities and special events to support various causes, including the MarineMax Yacht Gala, Minnesota Twins Celebrity Golf Classic, Dinner on the Diamond at JetBlue Park and Boston Red Sox Celebrity Golf Classic. For more information, please visit LeeHealthFoundation.org or call 239-343-6950.
About Lee Health Foundation
Lee Health Foundation raises philanthropic dollars on behalf of Lee Health, including Cape Coral Hospital, Gulf Coast Medical Center, HealthPark Medical Center, Lee Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida. The Foundation provides financial support for many service areas including the Regional Cancer Center, Lee Health – Coconut Point, The Rehabilitation Hospital, Shipley Cardiothoracic Center, Community Health Clinics and Golisano Children's Hospital Specialty Clinics in both Port Charlotte and Naples. Over the past two years, the Foundation has distributed more than $53 million to Lee Health to support its lifesaving mission. Please visit LeeHealthFoundation.org (http://www.leehealthfoundation.org/) or call (239) 343-6950 for more information.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer Lynne Torgerson averts criminal sexual conduct charges against client
- John R. Wood Announces Top Producers for July 2019
- Metroplex Premier League Founding Member Division 4 Rookie Amateur REAL UNION F.C
- Open Road Girl Hosts All Womens Ride At Vette City Motorcycle Music Fest
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- The Bridge Experience is Set to Take People on a Powerful Personal Journey to Kick Start 2020 Decade
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
- Stay Frosty Enterprises Goes Live On Amazon
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- The Property Shop to Open August 23rd and Hold Back to School Drive Aug. 24th