Popular on eTradeWire
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- Modular Wall Systems Offer a Fast and Flexible Solution for Interiors
- SOLMIMI Releases New Audio Adapter Headphone Splitter In 2021
- New M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy from Boroughs Publishing Group
Similar on eTradeWire
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Let Freedom (and the Baking Timer) Ring
- How One Black Momma is Using Juneteenth Weekend To Help Parents Raise Liberated Kids
- Got Clutter? Reinvigorate Your Organizing Efforts with The First-In-The-Category Time-Based Organizing Deck of Cards
- Albuquerque Entertainment Has Reopened in A Way That is Out of This World
- UKW MEDIA Honors Juneteenth During the Month of June
- Sidow Sobrino releases the official Music Video of the Hit Single Spin & Dance
- Brooklyn BBQ Against Gun Violence Is A Huge Win
Help Me Grow – Long Island Rises to COVID Challenge: Doubles Number of At-risk Infants, Toddlers, Families Aided in 2020
The new report provides a snapshot into challenges families faced in providing for and supporting their young children prenatal to age 5 in the past year and proposes recommendations to the Long Island community for moving forward together.
Families contacted Help Me Grow – Long Island for several major reasons:
- Basic needs such as diapers and food became their No. 1 concern during COVID and remain critical needs today.
- Parents needed additional support when COVID made navigating developmental support services more difficult.
- Three times as many families contacted HMG-LI after family members, friends, and neighbors recommended it as a valuable resource during COVID.
- Distributing diapers, wipes, and formula to families that could not afford them due to COVID impact,
- Connecting 90% of families to resources despite many service providers closing or shifting priorities,
- Promoting young children's development by administering over 2000 developmental and social emotional screens,
- Encouraging healthy development and resilience via BRIGHT BY TEXT - a national evidence-based text messaging platform, reaching 1100 families across LI with national and local resources.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tim Lukas Trains for Olympic Bobsled Team
- PixelPlex Provides Stellar AI Development Services
- Steele Restoration, roofing company and it's essential worker promise
- Upcoming Training Session for Volunteer-driven Nonprofit Leaders
- Toronto Used Cars for Sale At Nexcar Auto Sales & Leasing
"Every time I followed [HMG Specialist's] direction, something grew... A seed was planted, and it was growing every time I followed [her] direction. It's simple as that."
-HMG-LI Grandparent Caregiver
"During a time of uncertainty, Help Me Grow – Long Island continually supported our referred families needing access to resources for basic needs. We are deeply grateful for their coordinated efforts, especially throughout the pandemic."
-Amparo Abel-Bey, Northwell Health Solutions
"Help Me Grow – Long Island has played such an important role during COVID – helping ensure that basic needs were met for struggling young families when many in-person support systems were shut down. I'm so excited to see this captured in the annual report and am eager to see what comes next as HMG-LI continues to spread its roots in our community."
-Dr. Victoria Chen, Cohen Children's Medical Center
"Our partnership with Help Me Grow- Long Island has empowered childcare providers to successfully complete developmental screenings and also engage parents in promoting their children's growth and development."
-Karin Sperb, QUALITYstarsNY
Find the HMG-LI 2nd Annual Report here.
More on eTradeWire News
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Increases Summer Cleaning By Storm
- Good Fellows Great Deal - 2017 Nissan Rogue
- The DiSTI Corporation Launches Newly Redesigned Website
- Breath Assured Heat Pump Cleaning in Halifax NS
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
About Help Me Grow – Long Island: HMG-LI is a FREE resource connecting families and providers to community resources and child development information in Nassau and Suffolk counties, to promote optimal development of Long Island's young children. HMG-LI provides free, virtual, ongoing support to families, and trains providers to use developmental screens.
About Docs for Tots: HMG-LI is overseen by Docs for Tots, a non-profit led by pediatricians to promote practices, policies, and investments that enable young children to thrive. Our focus is on the youngest children and their families, from prenatal to age five.
- Facebook Advertising Alternatives - Alternatives to Facebook for Small Business
- Claro anuncia nueva cobertura en poblaciones rurales del Ecuador
- My Unconditional Love For The Fatherless (My Brother & Me) On Father's Day
- Do the impossible. Forge it to I'm possible
- Tigerman Dojo and Museum Grand Opening | June 26, 2021 (The date of Elvis' last concert)
- TVSSilverScreen.Com Adds More John Wayne Movies to WatchYour.TV Platform, Powered by Tulix
- Arrest those who think their above the law, and that they have unfounded power
- Former Dallas Cowboys All-Star Greg Ellis' Production 'Juneteenth the Play' Set to Air Today on ABC
- INTANGIBLES Opens at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Famu Alumni Awarded Funds To Help Hbcu Athletes Monetize Their Nil
- When Churchyards Yawn - Hamlet In Purgatory
- Alginate Lyase (High Specific Activity)
- Vitamin D Binding Protein (Highly Pure)
- Oakland Juneteenth Happening Today with Broadcaster Kevin "Cuz Kev" Brown @ Pandemic Food Give Away
- Please sign the petition today!
- NCIHC Publishes a New Paper on Advocacy in Interpreting in Health Care!
- Beat Deep Books soon to release, "Mississippi 2 Hollywood," by Nick Payne
- RR Mergers Announces Metro East Industries acquisition of Locomotive Mobile Repair Company - Midwest
- Judge Upholds Florida Unvaccinated-Protection Law - As Predicted
- The Tracy Piper's "Worthy" Book Signing & Release Party