Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 128
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- DMS Releases Q1 2019 Purchase Mortgage Consumer Profile Report
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Holocaust Denier Encouraged to Connect with Survivors
- Palm Beach Dramaworks Sounds of Summer Series to Present JILL & RICH In Concert
- Tecsew Has Passed Goldman Sachs 10KSB with Flying Colours!
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
Similar on eTradeWire
- Porsche Canada Becomes Presenting Sponsor Of Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance For 2019
- Spotlight on 2016 Mazda MAZDA3
- Fairbanks, AK is the best city for Auto Technicians & Mechanics
- Extended Vehicle Warranty Alternatives from autopom! Start at $1,488
- Experienced PLM Professional, Craig A. Brown, Joins CIMdata
- UK Car Discount Is Cruising To 500 Trustpilot Reviews
- Waldorf Ford To Celebrate Christmas In July
- Spotlight on 2017 Ford Escape!
- MOTOR Adds VMRS and ACES Support to Heavy-Duty Estimated Work Times
- Congratulations to the latest companies earning MVP status
A vehicle manufacturer used a unique data logging solution to help perform a series of rigorous tests on its prototype vehicles. The most punishing of these tests is called 'Heat Soaking—here the vehicle is parked outside in a desert facility and left over an extended period. During this heat soak test, the vehicle's internal temperature and other parameters need to be measured and recorded as they react to the hot, dry environment. With this in mind, the company's lead automotive test engineer required a rugged data logger that could be powered by a solar system and to which a satellite data modem could be attached to automatically transmit the data. Needless to say, this data logger device would also need to be able to withstand the desert heat!
CAS DataLoggers supplied the customer with a dataTaker DT80 Universal Data Logger for automated measurement and remote data transmission. The DT80 is a standalone data logger with analog, digital, and serial data recording capabilities, expandable up to 100 channels as needed. DataTaker data loggers use a dual channel concept allowing up to 10 isolated or 15 common referenced analog inputs to be used in different combinations. The system's universal inputs allow users to connect with many sensor types to log nearly any value including Temperature, Current/Voltage, 4-20mA loops, Resistance, Bridges, Strain gauges and more.
More on eTradeWire News
- Plasmin Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- The Voice Actor Blog - for Voiceover Artists & Voice Talent
- "La Vida Baseball" Announces Partnerships With '47 Brand And Topps Amidst Continued Record Platform Growth
- A splendid use for used camping gear
- Community help needed for housing solution
The lead test engineer placed thermocouple temperature sensors both inside and outside the test vehicle to monitor its surfaces as they rapidly heat up each morning. Meanwhile, the vehicle's radiation exposure is measured using a global radiation sensor. Both of these types of sensors plug directly into the DT80 without requiring any other hardware.
The dataTaker DT80 has communications ports for Ethernet and RS-232 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232) communication with a PC. The dataTaker has a large internal memory storing up to 10 million readings which ensures that the heat soak test will be recorded in its entirety for later analysis. The user has connected his satellite modem to the Ethernet port, so it is easily accessible using a static IP address provided by the satellite network. The dataTaker also includes USB memory stick support for quick data and program transfer, which will later be used in some of this manufacturer's more traditional laboratory tests.
Standalone and Durable
Throughout the heat soak test, dataTaker's world-famous ruggedized design and construction provides reliable operation even under harsh desert conditions. The DT80 system is powered by external batteries which are charged by solar cells and a solar conditioner. Providing that this solar system is specified well enough to keep the batteries charged, the whole dataTaker system can monitor and record test conditions for months at a time within its enclosure in the middle of the desert without any human interaction. That's a feat few data loggers can match!
More on eTradeWire News
- Senior Master of the Arts Bob White Seminar Supports Royal Family Kids Program
- Lennar Grand Opens Two New Communities at Fieldstone in Elk Grove on Saturday, July 27
- Cecily Releases New EP, "Awakening Pt. 1"
- Marktech Optoelectronics Awarded Veteran-Owned Small Business Certification
- Versasec Expands APAC Presence
Remote Data Transfer
Given that the data logger is connected to a satellite modem, the built-in dataTaker web interface (dEX) is available online from anywhere in the world, saving costly time otherwise spent traveling back and forth to the DT80.
Without needing any additional software and after minimal configuration, the lead engineer has scheduled the DT80 to automatically upload all recorded data to an FTP server once a day. This gives him remote access to recorded data, configuration details, and alarm events. Alternatively, he can log onto dEX and retrieve the data on demand.
Having a single system handle data measurement, communication and storage are very cost-effective, especially given the system's high durability in this punishing environment. Additionally, the DT80's ease of use has ensured that the application has gotten off to a fast start. Test data will be used to accurately evaluate vehicle stagnation temperatures for use as the basis for further accelerated environmental testing programs.
For more information on dataTaker Universal Data Loggers (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/products/datataker/), a heat soak test or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Applications Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-informa...).
- Valerie Stone Hawthorne Joins the Board of Community Council
- Fullerton Arboretum Prepares For August 17, Return Of Popular Brews & Blues With 14 Craft Brewers
- FDA Shuts Down a Seafood Producer Operations in Texas
- McCarthy Completes Piedmont Newton Emergency Room
- Aspire Institute Hosts New Workshop to Protect Residential GCs From The Inevitable Economic Downturn
- Philadelphia's Changing Real Estate Market North of Fishtown
- Momentum Autism Therapy Announces Multidisciplinary Services to Jackson, MI families
- New Blockchain Domains Investing Secrets Book Expands Bitcoin
- Startup Scoop: OpenAI Guns for "Socially Beneficial" Artificial General Intelligence
- New Product: Mini Survival Kits Fit In Your Pocket & Can Save Your Life
- The Self-Pour Taproom & Pizzeria Mountain Pizza & Taproom Opens Its Second Location in South Fork
- Beyond Fish: How Canadians are Adopting Vegan Alternatives in order to Protect our Oceans
- SocketLabs To Exhibit At Philadelphia Digital Summit
- Want Better Sleep? Science Proves A Bath 1-2 Hours Before Bed Will Improve Your Sleep
- Appeals Court Slams ACS and Reverses Judge Milsap of the Bronx
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes work on $3 million renovation project at YWCA of SE Mass
- Built Like a TANK! Aertight Systems, Inc. Releases a Revolutionary New WallMount, Rugged, Modular, Microsoft Windows Server That Replaces Rack and Tow
- The Evolve Brazilian Jiu Jitsu School Gives FREE Jiu Jitsu Classes in Fort Worth
- LOOKING INTO THE SUN by Todd Tavolazzi on Audible, Narrated by Mike Eberhardt
- Gangbangers and A Scorned Woman Seek Justice In "Hair Club Burning (An Inter-Racial Comedy)"