Popular on eTradeWire
- Amazon's Top 4th of July Weekend Longevity Book: Get Free Access to Related Videos 206
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 180
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 173
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 169
- Heated Armor Lands First Major Deal!!! 149
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 130
- Good Hospitality Services announces groundbreaking ceremony for new Crown Point Hampton Inn 125
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 119
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 118
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 106
Similar on eTradeWire
- Grace Church Delivers Free Shoes, Backpacks, and School Supplies to More Than 1,000 Local Students
- Carne Collective Launches Direct To Consumer All-Natural Argentinian Meat Delivery Service In Us
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Golden West Food Group, Cooks Venture Raise $10 Million For Regenerative Agriculture Business
- Explore Produces Commercial Featuring DeLoreans Delivering 1985 Beer
- Maryland Vegan Eats Fights for Maryland Restaurants During Vegan Restaurant Week - Aug. 1 through Aug. 9
- UK Govt to Fight COVID With Anti-Obesity Laws
- Matt Benham 2020 Daphne Zepos Teaching Award Winner
- P.o.p. Candy Co. Founders Expand Business During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Arsilica, Inc Announces Free Online Spirits Evaluation Academy
The project is supported by the YMCA of Coastal Georgia (https://ymcaofcoastalga.org/) and Healthy Savannah (https://healthysavannah.org/) through grant funding awarded through the Center for Disease Control's REACH program (https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/state-local-p...) to help close the gap in health disparities among African Americans in Savannah and Chatham County.
HealthMPowers (https://healthmpowers.org/) works with store owners to encourage and support them in stocking healthier options to go along with such mainstays as soda and chips.
More on eTradeWire News
- Badgemaster Launches NHS Appreciation Charity Button Badges
- Canadian MDs Encourage Obesity, Say Forget Weight
- Harding University Programs Recognized for Excellence
- Lake District Country Hotels Implements Extensive Safety Measures for Reopening of Facilities
- Nationwide Boiler Makes Monetary Donation to Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area in Lieu of Postponed Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Targeted neighborhoods include those where many residents lack transportation to more distant grocery options.
"The pandemic shutdown has really driven home the importance of access to good food. Even affluent citizens struggled with how to get fresh groceries into their homes during the height of the crisis, so you can imagine how difficult it was for those in lower-wealth communities," Grim said. "By working directly with the ground-level stores that are such an important part of these communities, we can help build strong supply chains that will make healthy food readily available, even in times of tumult. HealthMPowers (https://healthmpowers.org/) can be a significant player in helping communities weather another emergency, whether it's a global pandemic or just the everyday struggle of feeding a family."
Participating stores are:
A-1 Food Corner (formerly named El Cheapo), 902 Pennsylvania Ave., Savannah;
Alive Mini Market, 707 Harmon St., Savannah (temporarily closed due to COVID-19 shutdowns);
Niti Food Mart, 1212 U.S. Highway 80, Garden City; and
Zack's Quick Stop, 2701 Ogeechee Road, Savannah.
ABOUT REACH SAVANNAH:
In September of 2018, The YMCA of Coastal Georgia (https://ymcaofcoastalga.org/) and Healthy Savannah (https://healthysavannah.org/) were awarded a five-year, $3.4 million dollar Racial and Ethnic Approach to Community Health (REACH) (https://healthysavannah.org/about/reach-savanna...) grant from the Center for Disease Control. Through this funding, the Savannah / Chatham County REACH (https://healthysavannah.org/about/reach-savanna...) team works to close the gaps in health disparities among priority populations in Savannah and Chatham County.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Constitutional Walking Tour and OnCell Announce Launch of New Philadelphia Visitor App
- Giftapart now available in Canada
- Intracoastal Construction Welcomes Sales Director Alesha Richmond
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Tim O'Brien Homes Wins 2020 Department of Energy Innovation Award
Link to Complete Press Release w/ VIDEO: https: (https://carriagetradepr.com/healthmpowers-now-u... (https://carriagetradepr.com/healthmpowers-now-u...)
Carriage Trade Public Relations® Inc.
- Deadly Night Out Starts Filming In September
- Lead Generation Software For Digital Marketing Agencies
- CARBONELL AWARDS Announces Winners in First Virtual Ceremony
- Marketing Gurus Conversion Tactics & Digital Secrets
- Isaac Lidsky Discusses His Descent Into Blindness en Route to Becoming a famed Author and Father
- Want to Change the Laws in Your Area?
- Elite Middle and Secondary School Offers Interactive Online Learning Platform
- Digital Defense Announces New Partner Program for Managed Service Providers
- The death of Naya Rivera was an accidental drowning | Criminal Defense and DUI | Red Metric Law
- Mission Fat Hearts Movie Campaign Hopes to Inspire Ripples of Kindness That Turn Into Waves
- Gerber, LLC Hosts "What Should You Be Tracking For Success?"
- American Bar Foundation Welcomes Snell & Wilmer Partner Elizabeth M. Weldon Into the Fellows
- Help for Hotels as They Reopen - Hyperion Biotechnology Offers Legionella Water Testing
- Wellfit Girls announces new leadership transition
- Fort Myers Brewing Company releases a limited-edition Pilsner to benefit boy battling cancer
- Attorney Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law releases video discussing Trump's use of federal agents
- Healthy Lee launches Teacher Appreciation Contest
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida receives grant from the Community Foundation for $5,000
- COVID-19 Halts Fundraising of Colon Cancer Research in Kansas City
- Fonte Martino Guest House & Estate Wins TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award for 2020