Popular on eTradeWire
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- IOTAP (Work 365) Announces the Completion of SOC2 Type 2 Certification
- Now, The Ultimate Gut Course, to "Decolonize"
- Global Women Transformation Summit Speakers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- Senior Choice at Home and Gulf Coast Village to host December Dine and Discover events
- Endodontic Supersystems, A Platform For Every Endodontic Practice
- Magnolias of Chambersburg Cuisineur Brings Decade of Experience to Senior Community
- Medicare Insurance Agents Scramble During Last Week Of Open Enrollment
- The Anderson Periodontal Wellness Office Now Uses The SmartFix® Concept System!
- Bucks County Dentist Offers Affordable Dental Extractions
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Celebrates 20th Annual Holiday Gift Box Program
- National Minority Health Association Selected by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative for Grant
- The Institute of Plant Based Medicine Announces it is Gearing Up for Group Experiences That Address Stress During the Upcoming Holidays
According to the Department of Health and Human Services Facts & Statistics on physical activity, more than 80% of Americans do not get enough physical activity despite the proven benefits, such as a reduced risk of some cancers and chronic diseases, as well as improved bone health, cognitive function, weight control and quality of life. As a result, half of adults, 117 million people, have one or more chronic diseases.
Whatever barriers prevent you from enjoying the important health benefits of physical activity; physical therapists can create a safe and effective program to get you moving. Physical therapists are movement experts who improve quality of life through hands-on care, patient education and prescribed movement. PTs design physical activity plans for people of all ages and abilities specific to your needs, challenges and goals. We work together, and collaborate with other members of your health care team, to maximize your movement and empower you to be an active participant in your care.
Here are 5 common barriers to physical activity and how to overcome them:
More on eTradeWire News
- Build a Defi Staking Platform With PerfectionGeeks Technologies
- Stacy Rose stars in Apple TV+ series Season 2 "Little America"
- Second Amendment Lawyer Lynne Torgerson obtains success in NIC's appeal
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Shares His Tips For Creating Quality Content For Social Media
- Porcine Thrombin (Highly Pure)
1. It's too late to start, I'm too old, or I've been physically inactive for a long time. It's never too late to get moving. According to a recent JAMA study, adding physical activity at any age has benefits. In addition to an increased life span, adding the recommended amount of physical activity for your age and ability to your daily routine can help you manage stress, improve memory and brain function, avoid chronic disease and more.
2. It hurts. Movement is crucial to your health, quality of life, and independence. For some people, pain makes movement a challenge. Pain is one of the most common reasons people seek health care. A physical therapist can help you move better and safely manage your pain.
3. I don't have access to a gym or equipment. You don't need a gym membership or fancy equipment to enjoy the benefits of physical activity. You can get plenty in and around your home. Dancing, jogging, walking, climbing stairs, and gardening are all examples of physical activity that you can do without any equipment. To improve your balance, flexibility, and strength, try body-weight exercises at least two days a week. Use household objects like cans or milk jugs to strengthen muscles.
4. I have a chronic disease, condition, or disability. Movement is essential for everyone. Whether you use a wheelchair or other assistive device to get around or have mobility challenges due to a chronic condition or a prior injury, there are activities that you can do to challenge your muscles and lungs and improve your health and quality of life. Physical activity can even improve some chronic conditions and prevent others.
More on eTradeWire News
- Frog focused artist Rainylune is Attic Salt's Artist of the Month
- Christmas Light Installation in Houston Texas
- David Steinfeld named to 2023 U.S. News Best Lawyers in America list
- 55 Ways to Make Extra Money in 2023
- SnapCo. and Citizen Safety App partner to combat BlackTrans Violence in the City of Atlanta
5. I'm afraid of hurting myself. The right activity for you depends on your age, ability and goals. A physical therapist can help you identify a safe and effective physical activity plan for your age and ability that addresses your fears and helps you reach your goals.
Choose to move. Choose better health. Choose physical therapy.
The HDPT offices in Wakefield and Burlington have no waiting lists for new patients, accept all health insurance plans, support direct access to care (no MD referrals necessary,) offer same day appointments, have two notable locations along major highways, have convenient hours that fit any schedule and always offer free injury screenings and tours. We are adhering to all safety recommendations and guidelines.
At HD Physical Therapy, we are committed to the health and happiness of our patients. Everyday we work to restore each person's maximal function with consistency and compassion. Offering distinctive, inventive and proven rehabilitation treatment, our devoted professionals strive to deliver a successful and enjoyable experience to every patient we meet. For more information about HD Physical Therapy, please visit https://www.HDPTonline.com and follow us on all social media platforms.
Lauren J. D'addario
- MESSIAH - Coming to Ontario California!
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
- Facebook Ads for Beginning Advertisers? Nope. Here's Why
- Promised Land. The trailer won a global award
- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Tracking Testers for Radars & Communications Systems
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
- Used Blue 2020 Ford Escape for Sale!
- Colorado-Based, Culture-Driven E-Commerce Business Expands to Ohio
- NY Times joins Jazz for Peace Ron Paul, Roger Waters Noam Chomsky & more in call to release Assange!
- Global Learning Charter Public School Announces Rachel Lambauer as 504 Coordinator
- Daugherty Named The Nation's Best and Brightest In Wellness & Best and Brightest Companies
- Valerie's House Founder Appears on National Television
- Erin Bode Joins St. Louis Christmas Carols Association for 12/8 Holiday Concert
- Biggie Blinds asks, "What supply chain issues?"