Popular on eTradeWire
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 250
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 238
- One of the pioneers of the MedTech field, Peter McCredie, joins the MedTech Visionaries Awards 205
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 176
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 165
- Adoption Program Provides Thai Dogs with Homes in the United States & Canada 155
- Richard Dreitzer Joins Fennemore Craig's Business Litigation Practice 155
- Battery Wharf Hotel Boston Waterfront Introduces The Recharge Your Battery Getaway Package 137
- Lee BIA Builders Care, Gulfpoint Construction build accessible bathroom for WWII Veteran and Family 137
- MiaSolé FLEX Modules Survive Typhoon Lekima 133
Similar on eTradeWire
- National Lice Prevention Month Prompts Free Comb Giveaway for Lice Troopers Treatment Centers
- Big Island Beauty Academy Announces Scholarship Opportunity
- The Center for Contemporary Art receives "Community Grant" from The Provident Bank Foundation
- Aegis Business School of Philosophy Launches Online School
- Newark CTE Network Kicks Off School Year
- The best of Silicon Valley leaders to share knowledge and insights on Timeless Leadership Lessons
- Baby Shuhser is a Mom's Choice Awards® Gold Recipient
- Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning Announces 2019-2020 Programming Schedule
- Global Kids Strike and Make Their Presence Known at Climate Strike
- ITEN & Saint Louis University Research Innovation Group Announce Community Partnership to Engage Tech Entrepreneurs in the SLUStart I-Corps Program
The Last Egret is the fifth book in Oyer's Adventures of Charlie Pierce series. It follows Charlie and his friends as they explore the 19th-Century Everglades seeking to make a fortune from killing birds for their colorful feathers. Instead, they learn about conservation and protecting the environment.
Oyer is a fifth-generation Floridian and a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen. He was named Florida's Distinguished Author in 2013. His children's books have won numerous book awards, including the Florida Book Award, Mom's Choice Award, and several Florida Publisher's Association Gold Medals.
More on eTradeWire News
- Daniel Hect named New Chief of Police at the Village of Hartford
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces 2019 Inductees
- EvereTech wins contract to Support Chief of Naval Operations
- You don't know who you really are
- Chief Development Officer of We Insure is a featured guest and speaker at the Franchise Management Seminar for the Philippine Franchise Association
"My favorite part about this reading list is that it includes several great works that deal with questions of morality, character building and philosophy that will help young children and adult learners grapple with some of life's challenges in all chapters of life," Commissioner Corcoran said, in unveiling the list.
Other classics on the list include The Velveteen Rabbit, Anne of Green Gables, Treasure Island, Pippi Longstocking, Mary Poppins, The Little Prince, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Hobbit, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Oyer said it is an honor for his book to be included among so many classics of literature.
"I am honored to be a part of this list which includes so many of my favorite writers, and I am excited for the readers who will come across my book for the first time," he said.
More on eTradeWire News
- Read write and get paid for short stories
- Health promotion an essential component of UHC: IUHPE comments on the Political Declaration on UHC
- Westside Pest Control donates $20,000 to help support environmental initiatives
- Zelfin Announces Product Competitive Intelligence Book
- VENDETTA VETTE (c) 2020 to Get Female Action Director
In addition to his literary awards, Oyer was named one of the "100 Most Influential Floridians" by Florida International Magazine and received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor. He was also chosen as one of the "25 Most Powerful People in Palm Beach County" by Boca Life Magazine and was included in Florida Trend's "Florida 500," which highlighted influential executives across the state. He is a former Marine Corps Captain and a part-time adventurer, who cross-country-skied to the North Pole in April 2018.
About Shutts & Bowen LLP
Shutts & Bowen, established in 1910, is a full-service business law firm with more than 290 lawyers in offices in Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, Tallahassee, Tampa, and West Palm Beach. Learn more about Shutts & Bowen at www.shutts.com.
- Signa Marketing is Changing The Way Digital Marketing is Done
- Waterside Productions Announces John A. Barry's New Book, "Maledictionary"
- The Cadillac Bill Show Is Here And Guaranteed To Be Unlike Anything You've Seen Before
- Playbook Advisory Announces Four New Businesses for Sale
- Jeff Gorden, CCIM of Eagle Commercial Realty Services Arrange Sale of Land at Higley and Thomas
- Lennar Voted Best New Home Developer at the 2019 Reader's Choice Awards
- Award-Winning Kalona® SuperNatural™ Organic Dairy Launches #DairyProud Campaign
- How to Cross a Railroad Safely in 2020
- Resto-Rat Customs releases a sneak peek into their themed, vintage, truck builds
- Lennar's The Heritage Collection at Reed's Crossing Grand Opens October 5
- New for 2019, Tribute to George H.W. Bush, Pumpkin Houses, Animal Town, at YesterLand Farm!
- Gospel Heritage South Florida Changes Name to Think! Leadership Conference
- Canadian Retail Solutions CEO launches The Wealthy Retailer™
- Bridging San Pedro: Visual Literacy as Community Practice January 18, 2020
- Fun and Spooktacular Events Abound in Oxnard during the Fall Season
- Architectural Digest-Worthy 40th Floor Condo Lists at Ritz-Carlton
- Southern Ocean Chamber holds Non Profit Forum Volunteer Symposium November 26
- First Friday Kicks off Fall Festival in Downtown St. Pete October 4th
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
- Songstress Sayed Sabrina To Release Second Single "The Pedestrian"