Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 223
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 216
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 201
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 155
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 147
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 138
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret 110
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
- "All New" Google My Business Listing Lead Generation
Similar on eTradeWire
- CPAT Testing Center Opens for Public Safety Job Seekers
- Doug Carter invited to join Dallas Business Journal Leadership Trust
- Engage in Learning's expertise on show at the Totara User Conference
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills Activate 21st Century Professionals
- Join HR & Benefits Professionals at the Human Resource Executive® Health & Benefits Leadership Conf
- Eddie Turner Earns the CSP® (Certified Speaking Professional Designation™)
- CloudPay Named a 'Leader' in NelsonHall NEAT Analysis of Multi-Country and Overall Payroll Providers
- HireFaster Boosts Revenues Per Employee By Slashing Onboarding Times
- Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Gives Overview Of VA Medical Foster Homes Program
- Acuity Gains U.S. Privacy Shield Certification
Employees can be overpaid in even the most well-managed payroll department. Yes, it could happen when mistakes are made; however, it is not always the outcome of an error. Maybe the employee got a sign-on bonus but had not stayed till the required time period. Perhaps the employee received a sign on bonus but did not stay for the required length of time. Whatever might be the reason, overpayments can and does happen and it should be handled carefully.
These advanced questions are also included in this webinar- What is required if the overpayment occurred this year? But what if it occurred in a previous tax year, does that change the rules? Are the rules different for federal income tax than they are for social security or Medicare taxes?
More on eTradeWire News
- Kauai's Largest Parcel Of Private Land To Sell Without Reserve Via Concierge Auctions
- Learn How Remaining Persistent Will Assist You in Following Your Dreams and Living Full Out
- Ultrasound Solutions Corp. Expands with Move into New Corporate Offices
- Hair Competition Brings New Life to Fashion Week MN
- Divine Café at Springs Preserve to serve Mother's Day brunch, May 12
The 90-minutes webinar will be conducted by Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
Webinar attendees will learn:
Handling Overpayments under IRS and State Tax Codes:
• Why a 1990 IRS Private Letter Ruling on handling overpayments applies today?
• Correcting overpayments in the same calendar tax year
• Why asking for the gross is better than the net check for prior year overpayments?
• Correcting FICA taxes for a prior year overpayment • Correcting FUTA/SUI taxes
• Using Form W-2 or Form W-2c to report overpayments
Wage and Hour Laws and Their Impact on Recouping Overpayments:
• The standards under the FLSA in terms of timeframe for recouping prior year overpayments
• Is a written agreement for repayment always required under the FLSA
• Collecting overpayments from exempt employees and its effect on salary basis compliance
• Recouping overpayments and its effect on minimum wage and overtime requirements
More on eTradeWire News
- Cool Springs Athletic Club Installs Self-Pour Tap Wall with iPourIt Technology
- DC Norris North America Launches New Website & Now Offers Lifting and Discharging Equipment to the Food Processing Industry
- Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County hosts annual A Taste for Homes
- New Retailer Opens In Folsom, CA
- Carey Beychok Earns 2019 Five Star Real Estate Agent Award
• Can employers treat advanced vacation payments as overpayments if an employee terminates?
• Where do the states stand on recouping overpayments?
To register for the webinar, visit https://www.edupliance.com/webinar/handling-payroll-overpayments-correctly?utm_source=prlog&utm_medium=prlog.com
Edupliance is an online information provider which offers webinars (Live and On-Demand), DVD's and downloadable resources that cover concurrent topics pertaining to various industries. With an expert panel of guest speakers, Edupliance brings state-of-the-art virtual technology solutions and industry-leading training sessions that are easy to learn, easily accessible and cater to people with varied interests. Edupliance is privately held and located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
For more information, visit
- L.A. Wolves FC Hire Miguel Sanchez Rincon as New Head Coach for 2019 Season
- My Friend's Dentist to Perform TLC's "No Scrubs" to Raise Money for Wilmington Charity
- DPR Group Helps Omnichain Solutions Promote Company Launch and Grow Brand Awareness
- Data Driven: Retailers Want to Track Your Mood, SC Tech Trends + Execs Struggle w/Privacy Regs
- 2018 Olympic Bronze Medalist J'den Cox Completes Beat the Streets Lineup May 6 At Hulu Theater
- TRU Staffing Partners CEO to Speak at D.C. Bar e-Discovery Committee Meeting
- Richard's Place Threatened With Closure After Changes in Funding Rules
- The New Music2Deal Update is Live Join Today and also Follow on Twitter @Music2Deal
- Smart Ways to Source Semiconductor Components by GD Rectifiers
- Pads 'n' Tampons Going To Serve New Women With New Site
- Advanced Heat Treatments and Hard Coatings at Made in The Midlands
- Kole Management Sells Apartment Portfolio, Focuses Solely on Property Management
- New Yorker Electronics Offering N2Power Solutions' New "Optimized Power Systems Manufacturing"
- Vitria's Chris Menier Describes Critical Framework Necessary for Digital Operations and Successful Transformation Initiatives
- AFONiE.com is Now Accepting Amazon Pay!
- Ono Hawaiian BBQ Continues Its Expansion in Northern California
- Fort Myers Miracle go Hollywood with April 25-28 homestand
- Less is more when it comes to writing
- Fibroid Foundation Executive Director Announces Spring Speaking Schedule
- Dr. Ian Hay to Receive AACE Outstanding Clinical Endocrinologist Award