Popular on eTradeWire
- California Gold Rush sunken treasure from 'Ship of Gold' that sank in 1857 will be displayed in Reno
- Employers 4 Change The Intern Whisperer Podcast Hits Major Milestones
- Transgender Restroom Rule Blocked - There Are Two Simple Alternatives
- Witness the NFT Revolution with Freeverse's Alun Evans, Fraser Gordon of Quantum Works, and more at NFT Expoverse LA 2022
- Sekrett Scilensce is the lead-Musician & Business-expansion member at Takeo Tama | takeotama.com
- TrueDialog Accepted to the Microsoft Power App Platform
- Women In Professional Sports To Celebrate 10 Years of Service, Sportsmanship & Sisterhood
- Mounts Botanical Garden to Host Nine Fun & Floral-Focused Events in August
- Etho Protocol and Kucoin work together to overcome hack and release new, improved, & secure ETHO cryptocurrency
- Georgia DA More Likely to Indict Trump
Similar on eTradeWire
- Half of Gen Z Students Question Whether College Is a Worthwhile Investment According to New Research
- CME Symposium- Fine-Tuning the Management of Patients with #WorseningHeartFailure with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Free ARISE Digital Resource: New Digital Book "Only Joking"
- Poet To Share Spoken Word at Soil Collection Ceremony
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss
- CME Symposium- Bridging the Gap Between Evidence and Clinical Practice: Improving Outcomes with #SGLT2Inhibitors in Patients with #HeartFailure
- Ventura College Receives Over $62 Million to Build Student Housing
- Circus Harmony Flies into Fall with Classes for All Ages
- Pet Professional Guild Appoints New Editor of BARKS from the Guild
- CME Webinar- Best Practices for the Management of Individuals with #Cushings Disease
"Because we steadfastly support the robust exchange of ideas and deliberation, and because debate is an essential part of our university's academic and educational mission to train future leaders who are prepared to address the world's most urgent problems, the university will neither terminate Justice Thomas' employment nor cancel his class in response to his legal opinions."
It continued: "like all faculty members at our university, Justice Thomas has academic freedom and freedom of expression and inquiry. Our university's academic freedom guidelines state: "The ideas of different faculty members and of various other members of the University community will often and quite naturally conflict. But it is not the proper role of the University to attempt to shield individuals within or outside the University from ideas and opinions they find unwelcome, disagreeable, or even deeply offensive."
More on eTradeWire News
- HWS Announces Top 10 Low Cost Vacation Spots
- Orchard Audio to Present at Speakerfest in Phoenix, AZ on 08/27/2022
- Compelling fact-based fiction novel "AMIA" by John Myles Rigden is released by New Generatio
- Hutchinson Island Music Festival - Winter Fest 2023
- The Most Nourishing Platinum deluxe Moisturizer for Hydrated, Never-Greasy, Skin for Hydrated,
Public Interest law professor John Banzhaf, one of the first to publicize the student petition to terminate Thomas' employment, said he was delighted with his university's prompt decision to stand up to this latest incident of cancel culture - but apparently the first to involve a sitting supreme court justice's teaching position at a major university - and to reaffirm the rights of "all faculty members at our university" to "academic freedom and freedom of expression and inquiry" including to express ideas some may find unwelcome, disagreeable, or even deeply offensive."
This, he notes, is in stark contrast with the actions of neighboring Georgetown University which recently fired a faculty member for expressing views some found offensive, and then allowed him to come to work only after warning that any future expression of the same views would likely lead to his being fired again.
Here's how LAW.COM reported on the situation, and Professor Banzhaf's views concerning academic freedom.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sunrooms Dealer Chantilly, Shares Reasons to Build a Sunroom Over a Traditional Room Addition
- 24-Hour Homecare Poway, Firstat Shares The Value of In-Home Health Services
- Medford Hot Tub, Swim Spa, Sauna Dealer Shares 3 Ways to Use a Backyard Hot Tub
- Nautilus Launches the World's First Debit Card for Dogs, The Bark™ Card
- Eighteenth Annual 72 Hour Shootout Filmmaking Top Ten Premiere: Joyful Resistance
"John F. Banzhaf III, professor emeritus of public interest law at GW Law, said the petition represents the 'ultimate cancel culture demand.'
'These sound like the same students who signed a petition asking their GW university to ban the stick figure used on lighted crosswalk signs on campus because they feel 'oppressed' because the figure appears to be that of a white man telling them what to do,'
According to Banzhaf, 'while there have been many other situations in which students have demanded that a professor be relieved of all his teaching duties because some disagreed with his views, this may well be the first time that students want to stop a Supreme Court justice from agreeing to teach at a law school.'"
- capracare Haiti to Host, "Honoring Courage" Charity Benefit
- Independent Short Film Spawns Hit Single
- Automated Copyright Registration Protects American Artists
- What Are Essential Health Benefits And Who Has To Have Them?
- HONK! Festival 2022: save the dates for this year's music festival of activist street bands
- The Power of On-Topic Breaking News Traffic is Made Available to The Common Internet Marketer
- Neolithic novel by Mike Meier considers the human instinct of survival
- Oms TV + Greenlights New Spin-Off Series "G-Status: LA Hustle" And Announces New EP
- VenueArc, A SaaS-Based Venue Booking and Event Management Software for the Performing Arts Industry
- Colorado Author Writes a Magical Killer Whale Tale
- Multi-Passionate Creative and Entrepreneur, to Release Her First Book
- For Bad Poetry Day: "Slow News Day" and "Better Than Expected Losses" ...Plus Lots, Lots, More
- How to End Your Car Lease Agreement Early
- Greater Englewood Chamber Foundation Board Announcement!
- New Children's Book Roody Kangaroo Moves Forward Debuts with Illustrations by 8th Grade Student
- Live Courageously Podcast Show with John Duffy With Guest Ira Davis
- Cheryl Perets Earns Executive Club Status
- Michigan Vehicle Restyling Company Can Install Paint Protection Film on Your Vehicle
- Michigan Commercial Collection Agency Can Save Creditors Time and Money
- Dr. Thatcher Helps Ann Arbor Residents Relieve TMJ