Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 207
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 195
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 174
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 141
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Will Mark Zuckerberg have to change facebook name?
Similar on eTradeWire
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Launching Marketplace for Artisans with Special Needs
- Valerie's House Elects Five New Board Members
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- Guadalupe Center seeking donations for Holiday Gift Shop
- Dr. Piper Center unveils new website and brand identity
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- Shop Unique Handcrafted Gifts at the Spruill Gallery
- We Partnering Up For aTOY DRIVE
- Safe Shelter Presents November 25 Virtual Fundraiser with Fabulous Equinox Orchestra
Gwinnett County Helping Hands Disaster Relief Volunteers Assisted Pensacola Residents the Second Time in Less Than a Month
Ripping roof tops and toppling down some massive trees, Hurricane Sally's destruction prompted 253 local leaders and members from the Sugar Hill Stake (similar to a diocese) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to answer the call for clean-up help the second time in less than a month.
Volunteers from Suwanee, Sugar Hill, Buford and other nearby Gwinnett County communities traveled to Pensacola the last weekend of September and returned Oct. 16 – 18. Church officials stressed the importance of social distancing with smaller Helping Hands teams dispatched with personal protective equipment. Volunteer involvement was limited to those 14 to 60 years of age and in good health.
Congregations from each stake divided their volunteers into teams headed by team captains responsible for obtaining work assignments at the Helping Hands command center located at 5673 N 9th Ave, Pensacola. All stakes from the state of Georgia (except Tifton Stake) received their work orders from this command center.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Car VS. Used Car - What's Cheaper?
- Quick move-in homes available at Heritage at Middletown
- Writing and Madness in a Time of Terror by Afarin Majidi Awarded 4 out of 4 stars
- All people and pathways to recovery matter at All Roads Recovery Community Center
- A Quick Guide to Applying Matte Eye Shadow
"We had a wonderful time working side by side with the good people of Pensacola," said President Burke Hunsaker of the Sugar Hill Stake Presidency. "It was inspiring to see so many people from our area travel to Pensacola to help those in need. Serving others is how Jesus Christ lived his life and we are so blessed when we follow his example."
Suwanee resident and patent attorney Buddy Toliver came with his wife Stacie and their three teenage children. They were among many families who answered the call to help with Hurricane Sally clean-up during this unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic. The Tolivers were part of a crew that helped Daryl and his family remove several downed trees on his property. Recently diagnosed with cancer, Daryl and his wife prayed to know how they could put their yard and house back together after the hurricane damage. Toliver and his family felt humbly rewarded to hear Daryl call their help a "Godsend" while their family was still struggling to overcome Daryl's cancer.
Another crew member described how planning for these long and physically taxing trips never seem to come during a convenient time. After helping a stranger like Alice feel the love of God through the service from his 20-member crew who tarped her damaged roof and cleaned debris from her yard, his heart was changed and became grateful to be a part of this effort.
More on eTradeWire News
- Iowa Department of Transportation to Sell Surplus Assets on GovDeals.com
- Resident Wellness Director Brings Extensive Nursing Experience to Candle Light Cove
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- Blades Direct "bladesdirect reviews" partners up with Grabo
- Twelve Vacant Lots Available for Purchase in Private Island Community in Pensacola, FL
In all, 253 Helping Hands volunteers from the Sugar Hill Stake worked a total of 120 work orders to tarp roofs, remove downed trees, and clear debris fields - recording 6,600 volunteer hours logged during both trips.
For downloadable video and other photo links, visit https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/how-the-church-organizes-before-after-disasters-provide-helping-hand.
Assistant Director of Communications - Media
- CIMdata Releases eBook: "Driving the Change for the Future of Automotive Development"
- West Texas Warbirds Player LaShaun Sanders Has Much to be Thankful For
- BYD Marks Africa Mask Week with Donation of 16 Million Masks to Support the Fight Against COVID-19
- Imagen Golf Announces NEW Gift Card Partnership
- NAL Player, Daveon Howard, Finds Thankfulness Despite Difficult Year for Sports
- Author Wins Two International Book Awards
- Black Diamond Client, Josef Gotsch, Dominates Vegas Doubles Tournament
- DePaul, Niagara, St. John's Expand Esports Engagement With First-Ever Vincentian ESports Cup
- Customer Resources - Used Mazda3 Inventory
- Medicare Annual Enrollment Ends Soon Advises Medicare Supplement Director
- netElastic Featured as One of 5 Top NFV Solutions
- Free Gift Concierge Service For Unique Gifts By Gifter World
- Grey 2015 Honda Accord Sedan For Sale in Toronto
- A mouth spray used in dentistry for over a decade, Proven effective against CoVid-19
- Paul Bruno's The Original Jeeps⸺The Race To Build America's First Jeeps Now In Kindle Format
- SimplyCast Aids Businesses with COVID-19 Contact Tracing with Contactless Check-in Solution
- Digital Defense, Inc. Discloses cPanel® & WHM® Vulnerability
- Electri-Flex Teams with Community for 1,000 Thanksgiving Meal Donations
- Century 22 Solutions Announces New Board of Advisors Member
- Dominique Jackson, Star of "Pose" on FX, Lends Her Celebrity to Support United We Rise